There are 273 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by joeknows:
It's certainly true to say that draft pick doesn't matter any more. That happens eventually for all players, but it's happened real quick for Purdy.

But just as Lance can't be written-off after 4 games, Purdy can't be anointed after 7 games.
He's grabbing on to that starter spot with a tight grip for sure, but 'set for the next decade'? Too early for me.

too early for me too

lance still has a future here IMO
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Good, pre-nap watch.

Nice video, but he calls BCB Bryce Purdy at the end of the video.

that was funny but its what i like about jto. he isnt caught up on the latest of whose who, hes just breaking down the Xs and Os. And that says something that without getting his name right, Brocks play on film jumps out to JTO
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Purdy turned out to be the parting gift.

Baalke, a true 49ers legend.

[ Edited by Koldo on Jan 17, 2023 at 1:36 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
It's certainly true to say that draft pick doesn't matter any more. That happens eventually for all players, but it's happened real quick for Purdy.

But just as Lance can't be written-off after 4 games, Purdy can't be anointed after 7 games.
He's grabbing on to that starter spot with a tight grip for sure, but 'set for the next decade'? Too early for me.

too early for me too

Holding a clipboard, sure.
dang, that breakdown by JT made Purdy's performance even more impressive, IMO.
Originally posted by Koldo:

too early for me too

Why's it gotta be negative

Why you gotta be... So Kold(o)
Purdy going #YOLO mode, splitting two defenders to Deshaunte Jones who makes an incredible catch.

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

too early for me too

NFL is brutal... and so is life.
[ Edited by Koldo on Jan 17, 2023 at 1:40 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by Giedi:
That broken play to Aiyuk in the corner endzone, I'm pretty sure got Kyle stoked enough to where he'll design some scramble plays for Purdy in the future to take advantage of his athleticism.

I'm not sure that, by definition, you can design a scramble play. You can design a roll out or a read option or a QB run but scrambles happen when everything else breaks down.

Personally I would rather NOT see Kyle dial up any designed runs for Purdy. He's not a very big guy and that seems like a surefire way to get him hurt.

Sprint right option is a moving pocket type play that took advantage of Joe's mobility. I'm thinking of similar plays for Purdy.

The boot pass doesn't require a mobile QB, but it sure helps. So you already have seen a ton of naked boots by Brock, like the one to Deebo for that 70+ yard TD.

Scramble drills basically has rules as to where the recievers go based on where the QB is scrambling to. Mike Shanahan did a ton of those with Steve to great success.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
That broken play to Aiyuk in the corner endzone, I'm pretty sure got Kyle stoked enough to where he'll design some scramble plays for Purdy in the future to take advantage of his athleticism.

I'm not sure that, by definition, you can design a scramble play. You can design a roll out or a read option or a QB run but scrambles happen when everything else breaks down.

Personally I would rather NOT see Kyle dial up any designed runs for Purdy. He's not a very big guy and that seems like a surefire way to get him hurt.

Sprint right option is a moving pocket type play that took advantage of Joe's mobility. I'm thinking of similar plays for Purdy.

The boot pass doesn't require a mobile QB, but it sure helps. So you already have seen a ton of naked boots by Brock, like the one to Deebo for that 70+ yard TD.

Scramble drills basically has rules as to where the recievers go based on where the QB is scrambling to. Mike Shanahan did a ton of those with Steve to great success.

Scramble drills is different than "designed" scramble plays. I agree with 49ers81, you can't exactly design plays like that. But yes, Purdy's sneaky athleticism and burst makes the bootlegs that much more effective.

even though I understand why he wasn't going to win the award, I think it's insane that he isn't a finalist? What a joke. Lol

the awards in the nfl have become such a joke over the last 6-8 years.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:

Scramble drills is different than "designed" scramble plays. I agree with 49ers81, you can't exactly design plays like that. But yes, Purdy's sneaky athleticism and burst makes the bootlegs that much more effective.

The scramble option allows for the QB to use the scramble drill rules to adjust the WR routes on the fly. Joe would break pocket contain for an instant if he can adjust his WRs routs to get behind the defender (for example).

Basically the scramble drill rule would be (for example) if you see your QB in trouble, head to the sideline he's scrambling to. If you, as a WR is at the sideline your QB is scrambling to, then you go vertical.

Brock basically did this with Kittle on his back of the endzone TD, I think, with the Raiders. He was scrambling left and hit Kittle in the back of the endzone.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

even though I understand why he wasn't going to win the award, I think it's insane that he isn't a finalist? What a joke. Lol

This is different/separate from the Offensive Rookie Of The Year and Defensive Rookie Of The Year Awards the NFL has.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

too early for me too

NFL is brutal... and so is life.

No idea why anyone other than our rivals would hope for this. If Trey pans out, there's a strong possibility we will have the next Young and Montana. On rookie contracts. That's what I'm hoping for.
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Originally posted by tankle104:

This is different/separate from the Offensive Rookie Of The Year and Defensive Rookie Of The Year Awards the NFL has.

Oh, you're right. My bad.

regardless - I don't drink soda in general, but I'll never drink a Pepsi product again. That's what they get for being involved with sports and having your voting system being made up of dips**ts
Share 49ersWebzone