There are 257 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oline up their play to help out the rookie qb
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by nolimit2game:
I was impressed and impressed that Kyle let him throw it 37 times.
If a miracle happens and he balls. We would finally have the storyline on our side.
A movie would be made.

And Tom Holland would play Brock Purdy and Denzel Washington could play Kyle Shanahan.
Brock Purdy looks like Buster Posey
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Plot twist, they're the same person. B.P.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Plot twist, they're the same person. B.P.

I'll say that I've never seen them in the same room at the same time
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
High expectations should be reeled in for next week.. He's the last pick of the draft in his second NFL start against a previous Superbowl champion team and Tom Brady. Tampa defense will have more time to prepare for him than Miami did. Young players after they win big games tend to get more over confident as well and prone to more mistakes. I'm not saying we will win or lose, but we shouldn't be expecting him to play as well as he did the last game.

you must have watched the NFL world make Mullens a hero on a monday night and then the resulting train wreck after that.

Exactly

You watch these highlights of Mullens and we are like lets ride the Mullens rocket only to watch him crash down to earth.

The concern is the same thing about Purdy. Too much hype after one game.

This. Same thing just happened to White too. Now, I will say there is something promising to me about Purdy, and that is that Shanny went out of his way (logic & dollar wise) to keep him over Sudfield this season. There must have been a decent amount of promise that Shanny saw in him to make that move. I thought it was fools gold when he turned the wrong way to handoff a few weeks ago, but he did look good vs. the Dolphins. When teams start getting film on a QB is when things get tougher, but as Purdy gets more snaps, he also theoretically improves making it a moving target.

I would have brought back Cj Beathard before even considering Nate Dudfeld
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by nolimit2game:
I was impressed and impressed that Kyle let him throw it 37 times.
If a miracle happens and he balls. We would finally have the storyline on our side.
A movie would be made.

And Tom Holland would play Brock Purdy and Denzel Washington could play Kyle Shanahan.

Melissa McCarthy plays John Lynch
Watched a little of his college tape.

-great anticipation. Like that's probably his best trait (which helps with the lack of arm talent).
-seems to have issues processing under pressure.
-solid lower half and good footwork.
-got a little twitch and ability to move around in the pocket/scramble. Not a top tier athlete at all, but movement is there.
-arm angle throws are there.
-lack of true arm talent is very obvious, there will be parts of the field that just don't exist with him.
-accuracy is meh, obviously the further downfield you do the worse it is.

I don't know just a quick glance overall, I watched the Oklahoma game and Iowa game clips. He seems to have much more composure under pressure Sunday vs in college.

they used a ton of RPOs and PA under gun, they got him moving around behind the LOS a lot as well.

He seems like a quality backup, that you can toss in for a couple games but depending on him to be the guy isn't gonna cut it. We're kinda at where we're at for 2022.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

-great anticipation. Like that's probably his best trait (which helps with the lack of arm talent).
-got a little twitch and ability to move around in the pocket/scramble. Not a top tier athlete at all, but movement is there.
-lack of true arm talent is very obvious, there will be parts of the field that just don't exist with him.

I don't know just a quick glance overall, I watched the Oklahoma game and Iowa game clips. He seems to have much more composure under pressure Sunday vs in college.

they used a ton of RPOs and PA under gun, they got him moving around behind the LOS a lot as well.

He seems like a quality backup, that you can toss in for a couple games but depending on him to be the guy isn't gonna cut it. We're kinda at where we're at for 2022.

You ve always maintained we just need Jimmy to be serviceable because of the talent on this team. Purdy is serviceable. If your theory is correct, this team should go deep.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:

You ve always maintained we just need Jimmy to be serviceable because of the talent on this team. Purdy is serviceable. If your theory is correct, this team should go deep.

We saw the arm angles on Sunday and balls were not batted down.

He reminds me of cousins.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

One thing i noticed on Sunday is his passes travel a little higher in the air than JGs. JGs at times are more bullet passes without arc.
Purdy has some arc to it.

not sure if this is a good or bad thing - just an observation.

Cousins is a little bigger with a stronger arm. I think Purdy is more nimble, tho.

One thing that I noticed that is different from Nick Mullens is Purdy's confidence. Mullens always had an unsure look on his face. There were times when I swear Mullens looked like he was about to cry. Purdy, however, looks like he's ready to whip his hog out and drop it on the table. Let's see if he maintains that confidence moving forward.
Brock was with Michelle Pfeiffer ...

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 6, 2022 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Cousins is a little bigger with a stronger arm. I think Purdy is more nimble, tho.

One thing that I noticed that is different from Nick Mullens is Purdy's confidence. Mullens always had an unsure look on his face. There were times when I swear Mullens looked like he was about to cry. Purdy, however, looks like he's ready to whip his hog out and drop it on the table. Let's see if he maintains that confidence moving forward.

Purdy is very quick. Probably the quickest QB we've had since Garcia.
Share 49ersWebzone