There are 227 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by tankle104:
You know what's weird? Everyone I know who is a Niner fan (which is a lot - coming from Northern California) absolutely loves Purdy and is excited for him.

I've never met anyone in person who was actually excited and truly believed in Lance. Lol going back to when we drafted him. They're always how I am, optimistic, but not really expecting too much. Lol I only see it on here.

i hope both have great careers. I hope both never have injuries.

regardless, both will be super bowl champions - after Purdy leads us to the promise land after this year. 😈😈

There were plenty of people on this forum who wanted Lance lol. I wanted Fields too, but just bc a couple of your buddies thought differently doesn't mean "no one"

I didn't say no one wanted him? I said it's weird that I haven't met someone who liked him.

that doesn't mean they don't exist. It's just interesting to me.

it doesn't mean a damn thing about if he will be good or not. Or If people support him - I just think it's kinda weird when I sat back and thought on it.
I didn't say no one wanted him? I said it's weird that I haven't met someone who liked him.

He's a young guy that needs to develop and hasn't played much. What's weird about it?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was kind of a reach and inexperienced. Versus Purdy who was very experienced in College. If they wanted an athletic QB it was Fields. I never really understood how Lance is better than Fields? At what? I can't think of anything.

Yeah, drafting him blew my mind. I'll never forget where I was. Lol it was this huge restaurant with a bunch of people and televisions. My buddy was crying on the ground laughing. Lol

i really wanted us to draft fields. That was my favorite guy in the group. Great arm, processes well, special athlete. Etc.

I've always kind of felt like me hoping Trey would be a superstar was similar to me hoping I'd win the lottery. Unlikely, but still optimistic. Lol

same

there is a reason why Lunch Trey received no Power5 offers to play QB, his only D1 offer was to play linebacker, that looks prescient now... he was obviously drafted by ownership I don't believe Kyle had a say in the matter
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Furlow:

lol but he's still QB1 cause he was giving the job a year ago! Oh, and we know just as much today about him as we did 2 years ago when we drafted him.

He was drafted really high and has a rocket arm, so... QB1.

This. And dont forget hes strong and built. Good athlete.

Jim Drukenmiller approves.

We still owe Jim Druckenmiller the opportunity to show what he has. We should have gave him reps for a season or two. He had potential to be one of the best QB ever to play the game. Jeff Garcia was good but he had noodle arms and was short.

Exactly. Garcia wasn't even drafted. Drukenmiller was taken 26th overall. There's a reason for that.
Originally posted by pdc20:
He was kind of a reach and inexperienced. Versus Purdy who was very experienced in College. If they wanted an athletic QB it was Fields. I never really understood how Lance is better than Fields? At what? I can't think of anything.

I don´t know, maybe working under center? Running something that looked like Shanahan´s offense? Not keeping too much the ball? Not taking unecessary sacks? And I would probably have choosen Fields if I was the Niners at that time.
But did you watch Fields with the Bears? I understand why Kyle was not interested and preferred Trey Lance and Mac Jones.

Fields is on a horrible team. Lol Lance is on arguably the best team in the league with a top coaching staff.

fiekds still won… by THROWING TO DANTE PETTIS.

Idk if you paid attention to this team early in the season, but we were 3-4 at one point. We lose to some horrible teams when Lance was not the starter either.

LOL at making Lance the subject of the Brock thread after a massive playoff win.

Locking the Lance thread was dumb.
Yeah, drafting him blew my mind. I'll never forget where I was. Lol it was this huge restaurant with a bunch of people and televisions. My buddy was crying on the ground laughing. Lol

i really wanted us to draft fields. That was my favorite guy in the group. Great arm, processes well, special athlete. Etc.

I've always kind of felt like me hoping Trey would be a superstar was similar to me hoping I'd win the lottery. Unlikely, but still optimistic. Lol

Processes well? Lmao. Now you are just making stuff up. His biggest knock was that he basically ran a 1-2 read option at OSU.

He supposedly wasn't ready and was just a very good athlete. Have you seen some of his games? He's been awful as a passer even in year 2. He's a solid RB though

I guess you and I read/watched different stuff. There was some study done that he has excellent processing ability - similar to Purdy had one that said the same.

lol I think Lance and fields aren't great at passing - hence Kyle essentially using him as a running back. I just thought that fields was more polished and would do better in our system.

why do people get so butt hurt about this? And feel the need to put other players down to pick up Lance? Lol it's wild
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
LOL at the folks here talking about Lance or Jimmy instead of Brock.

So lame.

The kid has been playing lights out. Give it another game or so and we cant write it off as a trend.

Jimmy and Lance are irrelevant at this point. Write that they are dominating the Brock theead.

I don´t know, maybe working under center? Running something that looked like Shanahan´s offense? Not keeping too much the ball? Not taking unecessary sacks? And I would probably have choosen Fields if I was the Niners at that time.
But did you watch Fields with the Bears? I understand why Kyle was not interested and preferred Trey Lance and Mac Jones.

Fields is on a horrible team. Lol Lance is on arguably the best team in the league with a top coaching staff.

Idk if you paid attention to this team early in the season, but we were 3-4 at one point. We lose to some horrible teams when Lance was not the starter either.

LOL at making Lance the subject of the Brock thread after a massive playoff win.

Yeah, anyone want to take a guess at why we were 3-4 to start the season? Was it maybe because the first two QBs we started aren't franchise guys? The third one hasn't lost and set numerous records.

I'll go with that guy. Even if he doesn't have a good game against Dallas, I'd take him over Lance and Jimmy.

He's a young guy that needs to develop and hasn't played much. What's weird about it?

*person spends a lot of turn around various Niner fans*

Me: "I find it weird/odd that the people I've been around and talked to at sports bars or niner games, really aren't big fans of our Starting QB Lance heading into week 1."

*some random dude* WHATS WEIRD ABOUT THAT?!"

LMAO relax.

So lame.

The kid has been playing lights out. Give it another game or so and we cant write it off as a trend.

Jimmy and Lance are irrelevant at this point. Write that they are dominating the Brock theead.

The kid (BROCK PURDY) has been playing lights out. Give it another game or so and we cant write it off as a trend.

Not sure what you missed there,...lol....I was giving you a layup to continue discussion about Purdy.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 17, 2023 at 5:30 PM ]

Agree, I rather talk about how awesome Brock is as well. Can't help it that the same posters that got the Lance thread locked are now over here posting the same crap.

So lame.

The kid (BROCK PURDY) has been playing lights out. Give it another game or so and we cant write it off as a trend.

Not sure what you missed there,...lol....I was giving you a layup to continue discussion about Purdy.

Even if purdy has a bad-average game this weekend, I wouldn't consider it a fluke or say that it was a trend.

It's going to be interesting to see how he does against Dallas #2 defense.

*person spends a lot of turn around various Niner fans*

Me: "I find it weird/odd that the people I've been around and talked to at sports bars or niner games, really aren't big fans of our Starting QB Lance heading into week 1."

*some random dude* WHATS WEIRD ABOUT THAT?!"

LMAO relax.

Very relaxed. Just reminding you he hasn't played enough to have a large contingent behind him. Nothing weird about it.

Why was it locked, is TL above criticism now?
Agree, I rather talk about how awesome Brock is as well. Can't help it that the same posters that got the Lance thread locked are now over here posting the same crap.

Share 49ersWebzone