QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was kind of a reach and inexperienced. Versus Purdy who was very experienced in College. If they wanted an athletic QB it was Fields. I never really understood how Lance is better than Fields? At what? I can't think of anything.

I don´t know, maybe working under center? Running something that looked like Shanahan´s offense? Not keeping too much the ball? Not taking unecessary sacks? And I would probably have choosen Fields if I was the Niners at that time.
But did you watch Fields with the Bears? I understand why Kyle was not interested and preferred Trey Lance and Mac Jones.

Fields is on a horrible team. Lol Lance is on arguably the best team in the league with a top coaching staff.

fiekds still won… by THROWING TO DANTE PETTIS.

Idk if you paid attention to this team early in the season, but we were 3-4 at one point. We lose to some horrible teams when Lance was not the starter either.

LOL at making Lance the subject of the Brock thread after a massive playoff win.

Locking the Lance thread was dumb.

Agree, I rather talk about how awesome Brock is as well. Can't help it that the same posters that got the Lance thread locked are now over here posting the same crap.

how did they get it locked exactly?
Originally posted by random49er:
Very relaxed. Just reminding you he hasn't played enough to have a large contingent behind him. Nothing weird about it.

Lol!…
I think Big Cock Brock has settled in and feeling very comfortable now, favorite moment of the seacawk game when he high stepped, check out at 1:25 where he does the same thing high school:

[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Jan 17, 2023 at 6:07 PM ]
Very relaxed. Just reminding you he hasn't played enough to have a large contingent behind him. Nothing weird about it.

Lol!…

Purdy will be the starter, if not will have a leg up in starting next season. what more needs to be seen? me personally, it would still be cool to see Lance at least given a chance to take it away from him somehow or compete, but no question Purdy at the very least should start.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Agree, I rather talk about how awesome Brock is as well. Can't help it that the same posters that got the Lance thread locked are now over here posting the same crap.

+1
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I think Big Cock Brock has settled in and feeling very comfortable now, favorite moment of the seacawk game when he high stepped, check out at 1:25 where he does the same thing high school:

Crazy how his recruiting cycle went. Dudes always been a talent that has flown under the radar. I think it's cause in high school and college - traditional qb play isn't exciting. But it's beautiful in the nfl 😍
Originally posted by Jcool:
As close as the CB got to touching the ball when he dove, I think Aiyuk would have been in position to make the catch if he had finished running the route.

Definitely not the best decision, but if BA finishes that route, we might be talking about what a ballsy play that was.
His footwork is so smooth. He glides around like a boxer.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Lol!…

Purdy will be the starter, if not will have a leg up in starting next season. what more needs to be seen? me personally, it would still be cool to see Lance at least given a chance to take it away from him somehow or compete, but no question Purdy at the very least should start.
You get the best out of both QBs if you make the position unsecured.. and right now we need Lance to step up the most

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Very quick feet, like a dancer or boxer. Reminds me of another QB who had quick feet.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Very quick feet, like a dancer or boxer. Reminds me of another QB who had quick feet.

Bird legs?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Lol!…

You get the best out of both QBs if you make the position unsecured.. and right now we need Lance to step up the most

I feel like with Kyle, the positions are always up for grabs if the person behind you is practicing well and you're not performing well. I doubt Kyle just says that "Purdy is the starter and we will move forward with him under any circumstance".

i think Purdy will take the first team reps initially and then if Lance is practicing really well on 2s - he may give him a few snaps with the first string to see how it looks. Then we will start the season with Purdy and if he struggles, Lance will get a chance.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Damn! Some people are just super obsessed with Trey like some are also same with Jimmy. I hope you guys are still getting sleep time and normal life.

😆 Right! It's almost they can't be happy for the 49ers organization so they can be correct. 😂

People didn't think like that nearly as much as much before fantasy football.

💯 Correct!!! It's the reason why I stopped playing fantasy football.., I found myself cheering for scumbag players and division rivals players . I couldn't fully enjoy the purity of the game and of course hating all other 31 teams, but my Niners!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Damn! Some people are just super obsessed with Trey like some are also same with Jimmy. I hope you guys are still getting sleep time and normal life.

😆 Right! It's almost they can't be happy for the 49ers organization so they can be correct. 😂

People didn't think like that nearly as much as much before fantasy football.

💯 Correct!!! It's the reason why I stopped playing fantasy football.., I found myself cheering for scumbag players and division rivals players . I couldn't fully enjoy the purity of the game and of course hating all other 31 teams, but my Niners!

I played it once and it killed me to root for a Anquan boldin to shred us, but the cardinals to lose. Then I realized I'd rather watch boldin get his butt whooped by us than I'd like to play fantasy football. Haven't played since.

i really think it makes people think players are better than they are. Like in fantasy football, a good WR to get is the #1 on a bad team. Because they'll pass a lot and be in garbage time a lot. Does that mean he's good?
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 17, 2023 at 8:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone