There are 234 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Damn! Some people are just super obsessed with Trey like some are also same with Jimmy. I hope you guys are still getting sleep time and normal life.

😆 Right! It's almost they can't be happy for the 49ers organization so they can be correct. 😂

People didn't think like that nearly as much as much before fantasy football.

💯 Correct!!! It's the reason why I stopped playing fantasy football.., I found myself cheering for scumbag players and division rivals players . I couldn't fully enjoy the purity of the game and of course hating all other 31 teams, but my Niners!

I played it once and it killed me to root for a Anquan boldin to shred us, but the cardinals to lose. Then I realized I'd rather watch boldin get his butt whooped by us than I'd like to play fantasy football. Haven't played since.

i really think it makes people think players are better than they are. Like in fantasy football, a good WR to get is the #1 on a bad team. Because they'll pass a lot and be in garbage time a lot. Does that mean he's good?
You don't need to root for fantasy players. You draft players who produce, not because you have a crush on them
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was kind of a reach and inexperienced. Versus Purdy who was very experienced in College. If they wanted an athletic QB it was Fields. I never really understood how Lance is better than Fields? At what? I can't think of anything.

Yeah, drafting him blew my mind. I'll never forget where I was. Lol it was this huge restaurant with a bunch of people and televisions. My buddy was crying on the ground laughing. Lol

i really wanted us to draft fields. That was my favorite guy in the group. Great arm, processes well, special athlete. Etc.

I've always kind of felt like me hoping Trey would be a superstar was similar to me hoping I'd win the lottery. Unlikely, but still optimistic. Lol

Yes I agree.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I think Big Cock Brock has settled in and feeling very comfortable now, favorite moment of the seacawk game when he high stepped, check out at 1:25 where he does the same thing high school:

He looks exactly the same. The same little juke moves to buy extra time in the pocket. He throws an accurate ball. Runs around with some athleticism. He's the exact same in High School and at Iowa State Cyclones as he is with the 49ers. His game looks very similar.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Damn! Some people are just super obsessed with Trey like some are also same with Jimmy. I hope you guys are still getting sleep time and normal life.

😆 Right! It's almost they can't be happy for the 49ers organization so they can be correct. 😂

💯 Correct!!! It's the reason why I stopped playing fantasy football.., I found myself cheering for scumbag players and division rivals players . I couldn't fully enjoy the purity of the game and of course hating all other 31 teams, but my Niners!

I played it once and it killed me to root for a Anquan boldin to shred us, but the cardinals to lose. Then I realized I'd rather watch boldin get his butt whooped by us than I'd like to play fantasy football. Haven't played since.

i really think it makes people think players are better than they are. Like in fantasy football, a good WR to get is the #1 on a bad team. Because they'll pass a lot and be in garbage time a lot. Does that mean he's good?
You don't need to root for fantasy players. You draft players who produce, not because you have a crush on them

So when you're rooting for the Niners on game day it's because you have a crush on them? Interesting.
Originally posted by Furlow:

So when you're rooting for the Niners on game day it's because you have a crush on them? Interesting.
Ok Mr I need to defend my players lol
Originally posted by random49er:
I didn't say no one wanted him? I said it's weird that I haven't met someone who liked him.

He's a young guy that needs to develop and hasn't played much. What's weird about it?

*person spends a lot of turn around various Niner fans*

Me: "I find it weird/odd that the people I've been around and talked to at sports bars or niner games, really aren't big fans of our Starting QB Lance heading into week 1."

*some random dude* WHATS WEIRD ABOUT THAT?!"

LMAO relax.

Very relaxed. Just reminding you he hasn't played enough to have a large contingent behind him. Nothing weird about it.

Brock Purdy probably had a larger group of supporters behind him after his first start at Tampa.

It is not exactly about how much you played, but more about how well you played.
We have multiple QBs with those traits,...and actually there is something to "mess with",...as the last guy he named a season's starter is Trey Lance.

So he'll have to officially change his mind publicly/before the team on that decision, for the 2nd year straight.

Or,...he could, as you suggested,...."not mess with" anything and pick things up where they left off pre-injury with Lance as the starter.

And stay with it so as to not seem like he's playing musical chairs until he's fully convinced that he's currently given up on Lance being/developing as our starting QB.

Soooo,...just correcting your vision on things and how they're really slated to play out.

It is easy to change his mind publicly before the team when that is the expectation from the players and everyone. It would actually be harder to just left off pre-injury with Trey as the starter at this point.

We all know Brock has been so much better than Trey has shown. It is almost not up for debate.
Purdy has tried the hesi a few times this year. I'm waiting for someone to bite like this. It's going to be glorious.

Originally posted by libertyforever:
I didn't say no one wanted him? I said it's weird that I haven't met someone who liked him.

He's a young guy that needs to develop and hasn't played much. What's weird about it?

Me: "I find it weird/odd that the people I've been around and talked to at sports bars or niner games, really aren't big fans of our Starting QB Lance heading into week 1."

LMAO relax.

Very relaxed. Just reminding you he hasn't played enough to have a large contingent behind him. Nothing weird about it.

Brock Purdy probably had a larger group of supporters behind him after his first start at Tampa.

He had a great game in beating Miami right before his 1st start though. Any reason you left that out?

If I can deduce ANYTHING AT ALL from your logic trail,....all young QBs should replace an injured vet, have a great win throwing multiple TDs, and have a large group of supporters behind them in their next week,....or their careers are doomed,...or something is "weird"...??

I mean this "factoid" you pointed out is as irrelevant as can be. It's just filler space stuff because I guess there's nothing else to talk about,...lol.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 17, 2023 at 10:43 PM ]
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 17, 2023 at 10:52 PM ]

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bring that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

It's so annoying lol.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Ok Mr I need to defend my players lol

I have a crush on them. 😭😭
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

Weird stuff. Maybe they haven't heard we have a game this week?

Just glad we got him instead of idk the Rams? Raiders? That would have sucked lol. I think a lot of us saw something in the Miami game (or some sooner than that)..something you can't explain..just something was there. A spark..he had something. He different. Not only is he talented but seems very cordial, swaggy but humble & seems to be quite the team leader. A person that everyone can get around, respectable, authentic chap lol. W or L in the next few games..it's been such a fun ride, I won't be disappointed if there is no SB ring. What? Lol. There will be more of Brock for sure, he ain't going away..it's awesome, glad I am here to see it. The 80s/90s feels again, so nostalgic lol. He's not some flash in the pan..those come & go & ya can kinda get the feel for it when that happens. He is just one of those special ones, hope he is wearing a 9ers jersey for quite a while:). Go 9ers!
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 17, 2023 at 11:17 PM ]
Originally posted by libertyforever:

LMAO relax.

He had a great game in beating Miami right before his 1st start though. Any reason you left that out?

If I can deduce ANYTHING AT ALL from your logic trail,....all young QBs should replace an injured vet, have a great win throwing multiple TDs, and have a large group of supporters behind them in their next week,....or their careers are doomed,...or something is "weird"...??

I mean this "factoid" you pointed out is as irrelevant as can be. It's just filler space stuff because I guess there's nothing else to talk about,...lol.

I was just pointing out how ridiculously amazing Purdy has been. This is the Purdy thread afterall.
Share 49ersWebzone