There are 185 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
It looked to me like they gave up before halftime. Body language was pitiful along with their performance.

So unprepared. Dallas did absolutely nothing special at all….I'd bet money if Dallas played Seattle they wouldn't have beat them like we did.
Purdy keeps passing all the tests. After his performance against Miami the word was "let's see what he does when he's the starter" Then it was "let's see what he does when teams have some game film and can prepare. Then they went to Seattle and it was 'let's see how he handles a road game with a hostile crowd. Then it was "let's see how he handles the pressure of the playoffs."

Every week there's someone that has a question and Purdy just seems to shake them off.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Purdy keeps passing all the tests. After his performance against Miami the word was "let's see what he does when he's the starter" Then it was "let's see what he does when teams have some game film and can prepare. Then they went to Seattle and it was 'let's see how he handles a road game with a hostile crowd. Then it was "let's see how he handles the pressure of the playoffs."

Every week there's someone that has a question and Purdy just seems to shake them off.

Yes. He has check every box he can possibly check so far in his career.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 18, 2023 at 7:45 AM ]
The day will come when the Niners lose a game. When that happens I hope the fans don't start with the "I told you so's" Even if he throws a couple of big INTs he's shown enough to prove he can play.
The day will come when the Niners lose a game. When that happens I hope the fans don't start with the "I told you so's" Even if he throws a couple of big INTs he's shown enough to prove he can play.

Fully agree!
Pressure on purdy. I know he will.come through.

The niners are the better team this year. Dallas is pretty much the same damn team. Niners at home.. niners have cmc. Niners have more rest. The only difference is at qb.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for eric_anthony.

I just hope that game is not the damn Super Bowl.

Let that game be next season.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

The niners are the better team this year. Dallas is pretty much the same damn team. Niners at home.. niners have cmc. Niners have more rest. The only difference is at qb.

Not sure what you're implying, QB is where SF has an advantage. Dak led the league in INTs this year along with perennial Pro-Bowler Davis Mills. Cowboy fans must watch Dak play the same way 49er fans watched Jimmy play.......waiting for the inevitable mistake and just hoping it doesn't come a critical time.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Not sure what you're implying, QB is where SF has an advantage. Dak led the league in INTs this year along with perennial Pro-Bowler Davis Mills. Cowboy fans must watch Dak play the same way 49er fans watched Jimmy play.......waiting for the inevitable mistake and just hoping it doesn't come a critical time.

What I'm saying is if we don't win this game fans are going to question whether he is the guy because is the main difference from last year's team. That's a lot of pressure on him. I believe he will come through. He has it.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Lance takes a back seat to Purdy. With a deep run into the playoffs, Lance gets left by the side of the road. See Ya!

More the bench than the side of the road. While Brock starts we'll give Lance time to develop and see if he actually can.

His value right now is low, but we will work to develop him into a great backup and/or a great trade asset.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Just glad we got him instead of idk the Rams? Raiders? That would have sucked lol. I think a lot of us saw something in the Miami game (or some sooner than that)..something you can't explain..just something was there. A spark..he had something. He different. Not only is he talented but seems very cordial, swaggy but humble & seems to be quite the team leader. A person that everyone can get around, respectable, authentic chap lol. W or L in the next few games..it's been such a fun ride, I won't be disappointed if there is no SB ring. What? Lol. There will be more of Brock for sure, he ain't going away..it's awesome, glad I am here to see it. The 80s/90s feels again, so nostalgic lol. He's not some flash in the pan..those come & go & ya can kinda get the feel for it when that happens. He is just one of those special ones, hope he is wearing a 9ers jersey for quite a while:). Go 9ers!

Me neither

The team is so much fun to watch again and you know we will always be a contender with the Purdy/Shanahan combo.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
It looked to me like they gave up before halftime. Body language was pitiful along with their performance.

So unprepared. Dallas did absolutely nothing special at all….I'd bet money if Dallas played Seattle they wouldn't have beat them like we did.

Exactly what I saw too. IMO, it was more Tom Brady having a off night than Dallas doing anything spectacular. Sure Dallas' defense got to Brady and harassed him but dude was a statue, sitting duck in the pocket. Not to mention, floating passes over receivers heads like he didn't give a f**k. Maybe I'm exaggerating, all I know is the Bucs didn't look like a playoff team at all. If Seattle was matched up with the Bucs in the playoffs, Seattle easily advances.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

"Lets see what he does when the defense struggles". Passed that test in Las Vegas.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Lance takes a back seat to Purdy. With a deep run into the playoffs, Lance gets left by the side of the road. See Ya!

More the bench than the side of the road. While Brock starts we'll give Lance time to develop and see if he actually can.

His value right now is low, but we will work to develop him into a great backup and/or a great trade asset.

Lance posted a pic on IG of Ram Catherton with three fingers crossed emoji. Not sure what he meant but it's easy to assume that it's he is hoping he is traded there to start? Seems uncharacteristic of him, but maybe? He could just be wishing the guy luck.

im super confident about the niners this weekend. Not that it'll be an easy game, but that we will handle them. We are better and Purdy doesn't have to do anything special to win
Share 49ersWebzone