There are 191 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I don't know why trade TL is the hot topic

A) we can't trade anyone right now. no trades are authorized until new league year
B) we need more than 1 QB in 2023. QB room won't be BCB sitting by himself even if you think he's the GOAT we need other QBs

let's get back to the NFL postseason and Brock.. you got all offseason to do a TL trade value thread there will be many months of nothing to discuss but stuff like that

Can't bash Lance in a locked Lance thread. Limits the options.

That's good why bash anyone when we are in the div round of the playoffs if you are bashing you aren't focused on the right thing right now.. 2023 will come when it does and we have a whole offseason to discuss. Don't know why ppl would be in a rush to get past this 2022 run and into offseason mode
'Lesser Mac' about to step up we will see if Simms calls him Bigger Mac or Big Mac for short
That's good why bash anyone when we are in the div round of the playoffs if you are bashing you aren't focused on the right thing right now.. 2023 will come when it does and we have a whole offseason to discuss. Don't know why ppl would be in a rush to get past this 2022 run and into offseason mode

Low IQ trolls

Bitter about being wrong about their binky Mac Jones

Want Jimmy to be the 9ers QB again

Take your pick.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Lance posted a pic on IG of Ram Catherton with three fingers crossed emoji. Not sure what he meant but it's easy to assume that it's he is hoping he is traded there to start? Seems uncharacteristic of him, but maybe? He could just be wishing the guy luck.

im super confident about the niners this weekend. Not that it'll be an easy game, but that we will handle them. We are better and Purdy doesn't have to do anything special to win

Florio's trying to start s**t for clicks

Makes sense! I didn't know that emoji meant good lucky. I always interpreted it as "fingers crossed (in a hopeful way).
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Low IQ trolls

Bitter about being wrong about their binky Mac Jones

Want Jimmy to be the 9ers QB again

Take your pick.

No reason to call anyone low anything. We're all fans of the same club. Let's focus on the playoffs and what Brock is doing in the Brock thread. Offseason, we got plenty of time for that ahead. That's all I'm saying.
'Lesser Mac' about to step up we will see if Simms calls him Bigger Mac or Big Mac for short

Lol out of all the disrespectful things thrown Purdys way - that is the worst. Lmao "lesser Mac jones".
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

JG thread hijacked by Alex Smith posts. A dude who hasn't played here in nearly ten years. SMH.

The conversation was about Jimmy being a success and what defines success. Just because Alex's name was brought up (by the poster who started the conversation mind you), doesnt mean the thread was "hijacked." Dramatic much?
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Jan 18, 2023 at 10:25 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
It would have to be a great offer for the team to trade him, because of the dead cap cost that trading Lance would bring on. It would be more expensive to our cap to trade him than keep him.

i wonder if we can make another team take on the dead cap if we trade him.

A lot of people seem to either not know this or can't comprehend it

Well i just say, God bless our new band wagon fans! The BCB train has a ton of room for them!
Brock better win this game.

This is the first legit test and team he has faced since coming in as starter. If he throws 2 TDs and 2 INTs and plays mediocre and we lose due to his play then all hets are off for next year from where I stand.

Fact is while playing at an elite level he has played terrible and mediocre defenses since coming in... MIA, TB, AZ, WSH, Raiders, and Seattle twice.

If he plays a lot worse going against a top defense in Dallas and Philly then jury is still out for me until I see him play at an elite level against top defenses next year during the season. We should be careful before crowning him the next big thing unless he at least makes it to the Super Bowl since that would be quite impressive defeating Dallas and Philly with their defenses.

I think he can do it but need to see it in reality.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erF90:
His mechanics are second nature to him, at least his footwork and it's beautiful 😍😍.

When I look at Purdys college career - he really showed nothing that would mean he wouldn't be a good player at the pros. He just doesn't have a cannon and tried to do too much, which backfired on him.

his intangibles are amazing, so far. I also really love that he is an absolute football junky. I like that cause it means he is most likely aware of every rule and regulation for the game, he's the type to read the Manuel page to page. Lmao

but most importantly, I think his football junkiness aligns him with shanahan. I'm not say our other QBs aren't, but it does seem like this is the best Kyles aligned with a QB since Matt Ryan. When they're aligned so well, I think it transfers over to the field and he can see what and why shanahan is calling certain plays and what he is trying to set up.
Been thinking of the same thing. What if Shanahan found a McDaniel, or La Fluer, or McVay or another Shanahan from one of his players. This will only be a plus plus for the team for a very long time.

A lot of the current 49ers are football junkies, and I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them will be future assistant coaches for Kyle. Tony Dungee played for Walsh, so did Tom Rathman, I think Bryant Young is/was a DLine coach in the NFL. I'm looking at Frank Gore if Bobby Turner wants to just be a fan instead of a coach. Keena Turner is very high up in Jed's organization. Keena was a Great Superbowl linebacker too.

Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

This is the first legit test and team he has faced since coming in as starter. If he throws 2 TDs and 2 INTs and plays mediocre and we lose due to his play then all hets are off for next year from where I stand.

Fact is while playing at an elite level he has played terrible and mediocre defenses since coming in... MIA, TB, AZ, WSH, Raiders, and Seattle twice.

If he plays a lot worse going against a top defense in Dallas and Philly then jury is still out for me until I see him play at an elite level against top defenses next year during the season. We should be careful before crowning him the next big thing unless he at least makes it to the Super Bowl since that would be quite impressive defeating Dallas and Philly with their defenses.

Dude is a rookie. The fact that he's playing this incredible for this long is amazing. He probably had the best run of a rookie QB drafted later ever. At least so far. No matter what he does his season is great and his future is very bright.

but most importantly, I think his football junkiness aligns him with shanahan. I'm not say our other QBs aren't, but it does seem like this is the best Kyles aligned with a QB since Matt Ryan. When they're aligned so well, I think it transfers over to the field and he can see what and why shanahan is calling certain plays and what he is trying to set up.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking Shanahan's quote from Monday. Shanahan saying he and Brock see the game similarly is pretty big statement from Shanny about his ROOKIE QB.

Brock has an idea, when Brock sees the tape, he is always so honest with himself and I think we see it very similar and I think he trusts that we see stuff when he isn't seeing it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Dude is a rookie. The fact that he's playing this incredible for this long is amazing. He probably had the best run of a rookie QB drafted later ever. At least so far. No matter what he does his season is great and his future is very bright.

Hmm to be fair - Mia was the hottest team in the nfl and tua was leading the league in a lot. TB had a top 10 defense at the time, Seattle was in SEA and for the Division (always a tough game), Washington has a top D line.

i get what you're saying, but you can only play who's in front Of you.

I am eager to see how he does against Dallas's defense, which is ranked #2. I think he will have some challenges but it'll really depend on how the o line plays.

what do you guys think on Over/Under on 49ers punts? I say we punt once in the first half and once in the second half when the game is out of reach. 😈
Originally posted by boast:
Lance posted a pic on IG of Ram Catherton with three fingers crossed emoji. Not sure what he meant but it's easy to assume that it's he is hoping he is traded there to start? Seems uncharacteristic of him, but maybe? He could just be wishing the guy luck.

im super confident about the niners this weekend. Not that it'll be an easy game, but that we will handle them. We are better and Purdy doesn't have to do anything special to win

Florio's trying to start s**t for clicks

Makes sense! I didn't know that emoji meant good lucky. I always interpreted it as "fingers crossed (in a hopeful way).
So that wink emoji means lucky? Like he's getting lucky tonight
Share 49ersWebzone