Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Brock better win this game.

This is the first legit test and team he has faced since coming in as starter. If he throws 2 TDs and 2 INTs and plays mediocre and we lose due to his play then all hets are off for next year from where I stand.

Fact is while playing at an elite level he has played terrible and mediocre defenses since coming in... MIA, TB, AZ, WSH, Raiders, and Seattle twice.

If he plays a lot worse going against a top defense in Dallas and Philly then jury is still out for me until I see him play at an elite level against top defenses next year during the season. We should be careful before crowning him the next big thing unless he at least makes it to the Super Bowl since that would be quite impressive defeating Dallas and Philly with their defenses.

I think he can do it but need to see it in reality.

Dude is a rookie. The fact that he's playing this incredible for this long is amazing. He probably had the best run of a rookie QB drafted later ever. At least so far. No matter what he does his season is great and his future is very bright.

I want to see if he can do it vs top defenses. He has not done that yet because he has not played against one.

Dallas is a big test. Likely Philly too on the road.

Just because you ball out against crap teams with the most stacked roster in the NFL doesn't mean you're a franchise QB. People so used to the underwhelming Jimmy that when we finally see elite qb play we want to crown them immediately since obv he is much better than Jimmy. But I need to see vs a top defense. And the Cowboys and Eagles have top defenses.

Rookie or no rookie he needs to ball out and win these next two games. He has been handed the keys to a Ferrari here and not like he's elevating an average team to heights it otherwise could not achieve as elite qbs can do. So I expect a lot esp if I am to move on from a blue chip #3 overall pick.

Let's get #6 this year - do whatever it takes Brock. Make it happen.

TB ranked 9th and WAS ranked 3rd were both better than DAL ranked 12th this season on defense.

DVOA
Dallas #2. 49ers #1. Washington #9. TB #13.

What D do you think he faces in prax every week? Everything else is a walk in the park comparatively.

Then Brock will ball out again and we'll be in the Super Bowl.

Awesome can't wait. Better happen though.
fingers crossed to Big Cock Brock, I know he is going to shred the gurlz this weekend....
Originally posted by NYniner85:

that's pretty wild! Whatever with being sold on who, I'll worry about that next year.

Ppl deep dive into analytics and miss the forest for the trees. Did this guy not see the BA incompletion? Look at the effort of Brock on that play. He keeps the play alive for like 15 secs. Do you think DBs are gonna cover for that long a period of time or are guys gonna uncover? I see a magician back there buying extra time on his TD passes to the backs, etc.

Rob "Stats" Guerrera is one of the dudes pushing the Brock = Jimmy narrative
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by tankle104:

but most importantly, I think his football junkiness aligns him with shanahan. I'm not say our other QBs aren't, but it does seem like this is the best Kyles aligned with a QB since Matt Ryan. When they're aligned so well, I think it transfers over to the field and he can see what and why shanahan is calling certain plays and what he is trying to set up.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking Shanahan's quote from Monday. Shanahan saying he and Brock see the game similarly is pretty big statement from Shanny about his ROOKIE QB.

Brock has an idea, when Brock sees the tape, he is always so honest with himself and I think we see it very similar and I think he trusts that we see stuff when he isn't seeing it.

That's pretty significant. If at nothing else, KYLE probably feels like he's found his new love after a hard long distance breakup with Cousins.

Bingo. How many times have we heard how important it is to Kyle that he and his QB are mentally in sync? It certainly feels like Kyle has found his guy.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 18, 2023 at 12:09 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Yeah. The talking heads talk about this yet shred him for throwing into tight windows. Seems disingenuous.

Even if his targets are wide open, he's finding them regularly. We've also seem him thread the needle.

That isn't a new phenomenon. Targets are always wide open in this offense. He's still running it better than anyone else has by a wide margin.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Yeah. The talking heads talk about this yet shred him for throwing into tight windows. Seems disingenuous.

Even if his targets are wide open, he's finding them regularly. We've also seem him thread the needle.

That isn't a new phenomenon. Targets are always wide open in this offense. He's still running it better than anyone else has by a wide margin.

Can't agree more.

the "anyone can do it" argument ignores that no one else has.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I just wanna say, I thank you for proving me wrong and NOT becoming Nick Mullens 2.0. He's far from it, the only things that are similar are height and weight. But as far as accuracy and decision making thank you god he's not Nick Mullens.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just wanna say, I thank you for proving me wrong and NOT becoming Nick Mullens 2.0. He's far from it, the only things that are similar are height and weight. But as far as accuracy and decision making thank you god he's not Nick Mullens.

Nick would kinda get the wide eyed deer in the headlights. Brock he's BCB for a reason plays with no fear.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Brock better win this game.

This is the first legit test and team he has faced since coming in as starter. If he throws 2 TDs and 2 INTs and plays mediocre and we lose due to his play then all hets are off for next year from where I stand.

Fact is while playing at an elite level he has played terrible and mediocre defenses since coming in... MIA, TB, AZ, WSH, Raiders, and Seattle twice.

If he plays a lot worse going against a top defense in Dallas and Philly then jury is still out for me until I see him play at an elite level against top defenses next year during the season. We should be careful before crowning him the next big thing unless he at least makes it to the Super Bowl since that would be quite impressive defeating Dallas and Philly with their defenses.

I think he can do it but need to see it in reality.

I bet Brock can't sleep at night knowing he still has to live up to your expectations.
[ Edited by Koldo on Jan 18, 2023 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

that's pretty wild! Whatever with being sold on who, I'll worry about that next year.

Ppl deep dive into analytics and miss the forest for the trees. Did this guy not see the BA incompletion? Look at the effort of Brock on that play. He keeps the play alive for like 15 secs. Do you think DBs are gonna cover for that long a period of time or are guys gonna uncover? I see a magician back there buying extra time on his TD passes to the backs, etc.

What guy? it's a next gen stat that's all.

not sure why we have to get so defensive about everything that isn't saying Brock is Joe Montana. Our coach is putting our QBs in an amazing situation...why is that hard to accept? It's the truth.

They still got to go out there make the proper reads AND make s**t happen when those wide open plays aren't there. Brock is doing his job.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

JG thread hijacked by Alex Smith posts. A dude who hasn't played here in nearly ten years. SMH.

The conversation was about Jimmy being a success and what defines success. Just because Alex's name was brought up (by the poster who started the conversation mind you), doesnt mean the thread was "hijacked." Dramatic much?
LOL. Hmmm. Did you take my post personally? Did you think I was talking about you?

Worse, did the guy who is ABSOLUTELY FLOORED AND AMAZED, using strings of hyperbole when anyone expresses an opinion contrary to his, just come in to call me out for being dramatic? What an incredible lack of self-awareness!

Imagine not considering 4 plus pages of AS discussion in the JG thread to not be a hijack.

I participated so yes I know you were talking about me and others.

And for the record, this graphic was posted and the conversation was about QB wins.

But of course the name Alex Smith was brought up (amongst others), so of course your batsignal went up. Doesn't matter that a plethora of other QBs were discussed.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Jan 18, 2023 at 12:04 PM ]
speaking of Montana...

Originally posted by boast:
Rob "Stats" Guerrera is one of the dudes pushing the Brock = Jimmy narrative

No different than someone pushing QB rating and comp % when people are saying he's Joe Montana.

Or someone posting he's thrown the most TDs for a rookie QB in a playoff game etc etc.

it's not like these plays weren't there for Jimmy all the same…Brock clearly has a been sense of reading the field AND making s**t happen….it's okay to acknowledge that our HC is doing his thing too.
speaking of Montana...

I hope he is right, but the source is suspect. Maybe Trestman is a better analyst than he is a coach.
speaking of Montana...

Hahaha Marc Tresrman. Why in the hell are you following that dude?

think he says that if Brock isn't wearing a SF jersey
Share 49ersWebzone