There are 240 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Giedi:
A lot of the current 49ers are football junkies, and I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them will be future assistant coaches for Kyle. Tony Dungee played for Walsh, so did Tom Rathman, I think Bryant Young is/was a DLine coach in the NFL. I'm looking at Frank Gore if Bobby Turner wants to just be a fan instead of a coach. Keena Turner is very high up in Jed's organization. Keena was a Great Superbowl linebacker too.

Gore may not be welcome in the NFL for a while...he is staying out of the spotlight on purpose right now

"forcibly gripping her by her hair and violently dragging her nude person along the floor" in a hallway of Tropicana Atlantic City's Havana Tower."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/frank-gore-retired-49ers-star-facing-simple-assault-charge-police

Well yes, there's that, but Kyle's been known to rehabilitate coaches. Foerster is one such example. Gore can start off as a offensive quality control assistant and basically stay out of the limelight as the memories fade.

The way Kyle's coaches and front office personnel keep getting raided, they have to keep that coaching and front office pipeline filled with young promising talent.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I don't understand why folks (talking heads and others) can't just accept that Purdy is playing extremely well. Yes, he benefits from the great talent around him and our head coaches system. That's a given.

Well that's the only reason they haven't "accepted it" as you define it. They can,...they are just a little more patient in doing so than you have chosen to be. That's okay. Let them doubt.

It's kinda stale to always foster this "Us vs. Them" mentality over insignificant stuff.

I mean he's been playing well, can't deny that! It's the folks saying he's Montana or Brady that have me

gonna take a couple years before I'm tossing that s**t out there.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Montana had two rings before there was a Rice, Taylor, Jones.

He had already shown he was an elite QB.

Plus he threw those deep post TDs all the time and if Brock can give me the deep post touchdowns like Montana did then sign me up. He tried with Aiyuk who screwed up the route and Kittle stole a deep post from Ray Ray so I look forward to one of those connecting

Lol purdy was hopping mad at aiyuk for cutting his route off….that was 6
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't understand why folks (talking heads and others) can't just accept that Purdy is playing extremely well. Yes, he benefits from the great talent around him and our head coaches system. That's a given.

Well that's the only reason they haven't "accepted it" as you define it. They can,...they are just a little more patient in doing so than you have chosen to be. That's okay. Let them doubt.

It's kinda stale to always foster this "Us vs. Them" mentality over insignificant stuff.

I mean he's been playing well, can't deny that! It's the folks saying he's Montana or Brady that have me

Couple years and a couple Super Bowls before tossing that s**t out.

Totally agree.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
It's HOW you win that matters.

W/L is only relevant if you pass the eye test. Since the SB vs the Chiefs Jimmy has not passed the eye test so W/L means far less.

Brock is playing at an elite level and is PLAYMAKING. So the wins he gets credit for as he has been the reason we are scoring 35+ points in our sleep and passes the eye test.

If Brock was winning but playing no different from Jimmy his ass would def be on the bench next year. But he is playing far better than Jimmy and at an elite level and that is why there is talk of him and franchise qb going forward etc.

Let's say Purdy plays lights out in the Super Bowl, but the D s**ts the bed and we lose the game.

Is Purdy QB1 or not?

Couple years and a couple Super Bowls before tossing that s**t out.

Totally agree.

Relax no one is saying his career is on par with Montana at this point. No one is asking for the gold jacket right now. Just someone saw a play or two that reminded them of how Joe used to play the position. The same 'cool under pressure'. That is all. Lot of ppl have seen it myself included and I saw Joe when he was playing games in real time.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Can you imagine people low-key hating on Montana only because Jerry Rice, John Taylor or Brent Jones were always open?

It happened A LOT.

Plus he threw those deep post TDs all the time and if Brock can give me the deep post touchdowns like Montana did then sign me up. He tried with Aiyuk who screwed up the route and Kittle stole a deep post from Ray Ray so I look forward to one of those connecting

He hit those deep posts against Miami and Tampa Bay. They are on YouTube highlights for you to see. Just click on over and take a look.

You're just hating on the kid. Nothing more.
Originally posted by boast:
it was brought up on the Haberman & Middlekauff podcast Sherlock Holmes.

No need to be a dick about it…..it's Marc Tresmen man. Most people are gonna say huh bringing up that dude.

not being dick at all. you made two posts trying to figure out how and where i found that tweet. you seemed like you were doing an investigation

It was the "Sherlock Holmes" part.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 18, 2023 at 12:51 PM ]
Let's say Purdy plays lights out in the Super Bowl, but the D s**ts the bed and we lose the game.

Is Purdy QB1 or not?

If that happens in the Super Bowl? Yes, he's still number one because he beat the tar out of Dallas and whatever team the 49ers face in the NFC Championship Game.

The only way Brock Purdy loses the coveted status of number one is if he blows it against Dallas. At that point he begins to earn comparisons to John Brodie.
it was brought up on the Haberman & Middlekauff podcast Sherlock Holmes.

No need to be a dick about it…..it's Marc Tresmen man. Most people are gonna say huh bringing up that dude.

not being dick at all. you made two posts trying to figure out how and where i found that tweet. you seemed like you were doing an investigation

It was the "Sherlock Holmes" part.

ahhh. well look at this. didnt you just claim you have been told by mods to chill

i mean low key calling me a dick too would surely have consequences for someone with a 55% warning dontcha think?

Who is saying that?
I have seen and posted posts about similarities.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Is Purdy QB1 or not?

Hilarious question. This is basically asking "If we find a QB that can lead us to the SuperBowl should he be the starter?"

lolol
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Jan 18, 2023 at 12:57 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Can you imagine people low-key hating on Montana only because Jerry Rice, John Taylor or Brent Jones were always open?

It happened A LOT.

No offense but were you alive during the 80's? Anyone who was a fan during that time had to deal with other teams' fans and the national media calling Montana (and later Young) a "system QB" for his entire career.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Who is saying that?
I have seen and posted posts about similarities.

Yup it's typical WZ ppl say one thing and others interpret 100% differently.
Share 49ersWebzone