There are 251 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
ahhh. well look at this. didnt you just claim you have been told by mods to chill

i mean low key calling me a dick too would surely have consequences for someone with a 55% warning dontcha think?

Not sure I follow. Just showed you what he was referring to. Nothing more.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
ahhh. well look at this. didnt you just claim you have been told by mods to chill

i mean low key calling me a dick too would surely have consequences for someone with a 55% warning dontcha think?

55%? Atta kid, you're catching up.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I don't understand why folks (talking heads and others) can't just accept that Purdy is playing extremely well. Yes, he benefits from the great talent around him and our head coaches system. That's a given.

Well that's the only reason they haven't "accepted it" as you define it. They can,...they are just a little more patient in doing so than you have chosen to be. That's okay. Let them doubt.

It's kinda stale to always foster this "Us vs. Them" mentality over insignificant stuff.

You have to take in the rest of my post. I wasn't saying no one is saying he's playing well - a lot of people just have an excuse for it. "Great team and coach around him is why he is succeeding.". Like I said, Of course that's helping them but he's also playing great ball and helping the team. He isn't just tagging along for the ride.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 18, 2023 at 1:17 PM ]

i explained the reason for my comment and the discussion was over. inserting yourself and highlighting it again was more than "nothing more" lol.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Let's say Purdy plays lights out in the Super Bowl, but the D s**ts the bed and we lose the game.

Is Purdy QB1 or not?

Hilarious question. This is basically asking "If we find a QB that can lead us to the SuperBowl should he be the starter?"

lolol

I'm already sold on Brock.

It's Ezekiel who wants a Super Bowl title and MVP performance from Purdy before calling him QB1.
Man I'm confident and nervous for this game.. i can't stand the cowgirls and their fans
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 18, 2023 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Man I'm confident and nervous for this game.. i can't stand cowgirl fans

Mr Att knows
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Man I'm confident and nervous for this game.. i can't stand cowgirl fans

Mr Att knows
C'mon Brock
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
It's HOW you win that matters.

W/L is only relevant if you pass the eye test. Since the SB vs the Chiefs Jimmy has not passed the eye test so W/L means far less.

Brock is playing at an elite level and is PLAYMAKING. So the wins he gets credit for as he has been the reason we are scoring 35+ points in our sleep and passes the eye test.

If Brock was winning but playing no different from Jimmy his ass would def be on the bench next year. But he is playing far better than Jimmy and at an elite level and that is why there is talk of him and franchise qb going forward etc.

Let's say Purdy plays lights out in the Super Bowl, but the D s**ts the bed and we lose the game.

Is Purdy QB1 or not?

QB1.

But if Shanahan decided otherwise I'm good with that also.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't understand why folks (talking heads and others) can't just accept that Purdy is playing extremely well. Yes, he benefits from the great talent around him and our head coaches system. That's a given.

Well that's the only reason they haven't "accepted it" as you define it. They can,...they are just a little more patient in doing so than you have chosen to be. That's okay. Let them doubt.

It's kinda stale to always foster this "Us vs. Them" mentality over insignificant stuff.

I mean he's been playing well, can't deny that! It's the folks saying he's Montana or Brady that have me

gonna take a couple years before I'm tossing that s**t out there.

Couple years and a couple Super Bowls before tossing that s**t out.

Totally agree.

Relax no one is saying his career is on par with Montana at this point. No one is asking for the gold jacket right now. Just someone saw a play or two that reminded them of how Joe used to play the position. The same 'cool under pressure'. That is all. Lot of ppl have seen it myself included and I saw Joe when he was playing games in real time.

Agree 💯%,

I think Boast is confusing posters. You have not posted anything like that Random. I like you when you post sensible stuff about football. Keep it up

on the flip side, the great talent and our head coaches play calling has benefited by playing with Purdy and his exceptional play.

It's a Win-Win! Everyone is complimenting each other.
Purdy should never have to apologize or show that he can play well on a crap team just to satisfy others. Every great player/champion has benefited from playing on great teams with awesome coaches - otherwise they wouldn't win the super bowl.

They are critiquing because they don't understand … can't process. The knock on him that makes me laugh is 'receivers are running wide open'. Isn't that a QB's job … to hit open receivers? That is modern day journalism though. Build you up to tear you down.
Brock is like a new puppy.
I just want to enjoy this time, not dwell on whether he'll become a better dog than the last one, or the ones I grew up with.
Brock is looking like a good boy right now and that's enough for me.
Go Niners!
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
Brock is like a new puppy.
I just want to enjoy this time, not dwell on whether he'll become a better dog than the last one, or the ones I grew up with.
Brock is looking like a good boy right now and that's enough for me.
Go Niners!

Lol. Interesting take. But hell yes, Let's get this done Brock!!
Originally posted by Goatie:

I think Boast is confusing posters. You have not posted anything like that Random. I like you when you post sensible stuff about football. Keep it up

lol i'm not confusing posters
Share 49ersWebzone