There are 192 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I don't understand why folks (talking heads and others) can't just accept that Purdy is playing extremely well. Yes, he benefits from the great talent around him and our head coaches system. That's a given.

on the flip side, the great talent and our head coaches play calling has benefited by playing with Purdy and his exceptional play.

It's a Win-Win! Everyone is complimenting each other.
Purdy should never have to apologize or show that he can play well on a crap team just to satisfy others. Every great player/champion has benefited from playing on great teams with awesome coaches - otherwise they wouldn't win the super bowl.

They are critiquing because they don't understand … can't process. The knock on him that makes me laugh is 'receivers are running wide open'. Isn't that a QB's job … to hit open receivers? That is modern day journalism though. Build you up to tear you down.
It's wild man. There isn't much to critique on him right. He does a lot of things VERY WELL.

as long as we keep blowing up the score board - we are in good shape.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
it was brought up on the Haberman & Middlekauff podcast Sherlock Holmes.

No need to be a dick about it…..it's Marc Tresmen man. Most people are gonna say huh bringing up that dude.

not being dick at all. you made two posts trying to figure out how and where i found that tweet. you seemed like you were doing an investigation

It was the "Sherlock Holmes" part.

ahhh. well look at this. didnt you just claim you have been told by mods to chill

i mean low key calling me a dick too would surely have consequences for someone with a 55% warning dontcha think?

Lol, you facetiously call someone Sherlock Holmes, then whine about being called a dick. Oh the irony.
  • thl408
Let's talk football
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Let's talk football

Originally posted by Furlow:
Let's talk football

Brock has seriously impressed me over the past four games or so. He's getting better every game. He came out a little shaky in the first half but was dialed in the second.
  • thl408
Let's talk football

Such a violent celebration.
is there a stat about how many INT-worthy throws he's thrown? Loving purdy like the rest of you all but I feel like he has gotten away with at least one INT a game it seems, maybe not every game but there's been numerous examples now. The seattle game, the red zone pass that their LB had a bead on, and that long pass to jennings that was inside where maybe a better safety could've made a play on it.

Curious how many INT-worthy throws mahomes, et al throw. It could be they actually throw a decent amount but make up for it with spectacular plays.
Let's talk football

Bang bang Purdy gang.
Originally posted by bsyde82:
is there a stat about how many INT-worthy throws he's thrown? Loving purdy like the rest of you all but I feel like he has gotten away with at least one INT a game it seems, maybe not every game but there's been numerous examples now. The seattle game, the red zone pass that their LB had a bead on, and that long pass to jennings that was inside where maybe a better safety could've made a play on it.

Curious how many INT-worthy throws mahomes, et al throw. It could be they actually throw a decent amount but make up for it with spectacular plays.

less than Jimmy

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Let's talk football

I think this one is a hybrid of the "six shooter" and "ice in his veins." Maybe he's just doing them both together now lol.
Let's talk football

I think this one is a hybrid of the "six shooter" and "ice in his veins." Maybe he's just doing them both together now lol.

That is a DISGUSTING act by Brock Purdy and we apologize for showing it on our broadcast

- Joe Buck (probably)
he's got some good celebrations.... last week he was Tarzan beating his chest after a TD pass

[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Jan 18, 2023 at 3:15 PM ]
FUN FACT:

Dak Prescott 40 Time: 4.79 sec

Big Cock Brock 40 Time: 4.76 sec
Let's talk football

Closing the Trey thread was dumb and ruined this thread.
Share 49ersWebzone