Originally posted by Giedi:
Are you sure, NFL combine says 4.84.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/brock-purdy/32005055-5224-3289-b108-8aab5e23b748

The high stepping costs him a tenth of a sec but worth it
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I remember this play towards the end of the first half, this is an example where he needs to be more willing to move up in the pocket rather than head to the outside. Its one thing that he is going to need to work on over time. Stepping up in this case and taking an extra second to scan the field could have resulted in a touchdown instead of a throw away.

On this play, Kittle ran a divide route right down the middle of the defense, but he was likely an "alert," meaning Purdy would only look at him if he liked the pre-snap look or peeked at him after the snap.

Purdy's first read is McCaffrey on the choice route, followed by Jennings running a stick China route.

After the snap, free safety Quandre Diggs left the middle and jumped outside. He might have thought Kittle was going to run a corner route and guessed wrong. Kittle was wide open down the middle of the field, but Purdy didn't see him.

Based on the pre-snap look, it might have been difficult to predict Kittle breaking wide open. Purdy looked to McCaffrey, but the "lurk" defender helped on McCaffrey.

Purdy seemed to look to his next read, Jennings, but didn't pull the trigger. Purdy had a clean pocket and plenty of room to step up but instead ran backward, bailed to his left and eventually threw the ball away.

https://theathletic.com/4091165/2023/01/17/brock-purdy-49ers-playoffs-film/

Nice review of the play. Definitely left some big plays out there.

The dream here is now he gets to prax each week against this #1 D and he's got ppl in his ear showing him this film and he is reviewing it as well. Gonna be a lot of improvement if he is open to it. Imagine what we are seeing now but he's hitting all those downfield shots that are there.

All of that and we still put up 41.

Monday Morning QBs. Seems so simple in 2 dimensions and freeze framed.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Its a fair point but football doesn't work that way. Purdy doing well vs commanders & dak doing bad doesn't mean we will then blow out the cowboys.

Weird stuff happens in football and one play on any game can send the game in different directions. I have confidence in shanahan/ryans putting our players in a position to succeed and so far our players have executed so ...

Also division games tend to produce some weird outliers. When teams know each other that well it can lead to results that aren't really applicable anywhere else.
Originally posted by Garce:
FUN FACT:

Dak Prescott 40 Time: 4.79 sec

Big Cock Brock 40 Time: 4.76 sec

Purdy's advantage is not over 40 yards, What QBs even run 40 yards more often than once in a Blue Moon? Purdy's explosiveness is in his 10 yards that gets him out of the pocket and out of the hands of a goon Defensive Lineman so he can line up an open receiver after the scramble.
Originally posted by Goatie:
I remember this play towards the end of the first half, this is an example where he needs to be more willing to move up in the pocket rather than head to the outside. Its one thing that he is going to need to work on over time. Stepping up in this case and taking an extra second to scan the field could have resulted in a touchdown instead of a throw away.

On this play, Kittle ran a divide route right down the middle of the defense, but he was likely an "alert," meaning Purdy would only look at him if he liked the pre-snap look or peeked at him after the snap.

Purdy's first read is McCaffrey on the choice route, followed by Jennings running a stick China route.

After the snap, free safety Quandre Diggs left the middle and jumped outside. He might have thought Kittle was going to run a corner route and guessed wrong. Kittle was wide open down the middle of the field, but Purdy didn't see him.

Based on the pre-snap look, it might have been difficult to predict Kittle breaking wide open. Purdy looked to McCaffrey, but the "lurk" defender helped on McCaffrey.

Purdy seemed to look to his next read, Jennings, but didn't pull the trigger. Purdy had a clean pocket and plenty of room to step up but instead ran backward, bailed to his left and eventually threw the ball away.

The dream here is now he gets to prax each week against this #1 D and he's got ppl in his ear showing him this film and he is reviewing it as well. Gonna be a lot of improvement if he is open to it. Imagine what we are seeing now but he's hitting all those downfield shots that are there.

Yup. Considering football is 11 v 11 that's 22.. how many times are all 22 doing what they are supposed to? There are things to review and work on all games all positions. It is an imperfect game.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by boast:
it's funny how bringing up a W/L is so triggering to some.

For real.. it's part of the equation for evaluating QBs. NFL clubs do it all the time. The more we win with Brock the harder it will be for the actual club to move away from starting him. We all know this.

It's HOW you win that matters.

W/L is only relevant if you pass the eye test. Since the SB vs the Chiefs Jimmy has not passed the eye test so W/L means far less.

Brock is playing at an elite level and is PLAYMAKING. So the wins he gets credit for as he has been the reason we are scoring 35+ points in our sleep and passes the eye test.

If Brock was winning but playing no different from Jimmy his ass would def be on the bench next year. But he is playing far better than Jimmy and at an elite level and that is why there is talk of him and franchise qb going forward etc.

The eye test is what people cite when there is no evidence

The eye test IS evidence.

It is subjective and biased at best.
Purdy's advantage is not over 40 yards, What QBs even run 40 yards more often than once in a Blue Moon? Purdy's explosiveness is in his 10 yards that gets him out of the pocket and out of the hands of a goon Defensive Lineman so he can line up an open receiver after the scramble.

Now 39 yards on the other hand...what y'all know about Matt Vick?

Yup. Considering football is 11 v 11 that's 22.. how many times are all 22 doing what they are supposed to? There are things to review and work on all games all positions. It is an imperfect game.

The imperfections also make the game exciting. Imagine if every offensive play was executed perfectly by every player involved? How boring would the game become?

It is the chaos of the game and prospect that a player will hit pay dirt out of the chaos that makes it one of the most exciting games on the planet.

Purdy is one of those guys who can thread the needle in the chaos.

Now 39 yards on the other hand...what y'all know about Matt Vick?

Haha But how rare is it that a gap like that opens up? I think it happened last time when Moses was at the Red Sea with the Pharoh's army chasing him.

Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
First play where he had both Aiyuk for a walk in or a wide open Deebo. I pin this one on nerves.

I say that and maybe a little wetness from the ball. Since it started to dry up once the game started.

The first half was Purdy's "Monsoon Game". He handled it well.
Originally posted by Garce:
FUN FACT:

Dak Prescott 40 Time: 4.79 sec

Big Cock Brock 40 Time: 4.76 sec

I don't know where his 1.55 split comes from too cause the combine was 1.61

LOL this exactly!
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

JG thread hijacked by Alex Smith posts. A dude who hasn't played here in nearly ten years. SMH.

The conversation was about Jimmy being a success and what defines success. Just because Alex's name was brought up (by the poster who started the conversation mind you), doesnt mean the thread was "hijacked." Dramatic much?
LOL. Hmmm. Did you take my post personally? Did you think I was talking about you?

Worse, did the guy who is ABSOLUTELY FLOORED AND AMAZED, using strings of hyperbole when anyone expresses an opinion contrary to his, just come in to call me out for being dramatic? What an incredible lack of self-awareness!

Imagine not considering 4 plus pages of AS discussion in the JG thread to not be a hijack.

I participated so yes I know you were talking about me and others.

And for the record, this graphic was posted and the conversation was about QB wins.

But of course the name Alex Smith was brought up (amongst others), so of course your batsignal went up. Doesn't matter that a plethora of other QBs were discussed.

yeah, he just so happened to be in the graphic and thus was mentioned then and there.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

JG thread hijacked by Alex Smith posts. A dude who hasn't played here in nearly ten years. SMH.

The conversation was about Jimmy being a success and what defines success. Just because Alex's name was brought up (by the poster who started the conversation mind you), doesnt mean the thread was "hijacked." Dramatic much?
LOL. Hmmm. Did you take my post personally? Did you think I was talking about you?

Worse, did the guy who is ABSOLUTELY FLOORED AND AMAZED, using strings of hyperbole when anyone expresses an opinion contrary to his, just come in to call me out for being dramatic? What an incredible lack of self-awareness!

Imagine not considering 4 plus pages of AS discussion in the JG thread to not be a hijack.

I participated so yes I know you were talking about me and others.

And for the record, this graphic was posted and the conversation was about QB wins.

But of course the name Alex Smith was brought up (amongst others), so of course your batsignal went up. Doesn't matter that a plethora of other QBs were discussed.

Bro, I'm not the one that was triggered when someone else said something positive about a former QB such that I had to debate the issue for 4 pages. Indeed, I didn't post about it at all in that thread. I skimmed the arguments, shook my head, and moved on. You could have done the same but didn't. Sorry if my pointing that out bothered you.

ANYWHO, can we agree that BCB is looking like a steal and a potential FQB for our Niners?

"LMAO what?"

"LOL."
Share 49ersWebzone