Shop Find 49ers gear online
love baldy lol
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by boast:
it's funny how bringing up a W/L is so triggering to some.

For real.. it's part of the equation for evaluating QBs. NFL clubs do it all the time. The more we win with Brock the harder it will be for the actual club to move away from starting him. We all know this.

It's HOW you win that matters.

W/L is only relevant if you pass the eye test. Since the SB vs the Chiefs Jimmy has not passed the eye test so W/L means far less.

Brock is playing at an elite level and is PLAYMAKING. So the wins he gets credit for as he has been the reason we are scoring 35+ points in our sleep and passes the eye test.

If Brock was winning but playing no different from Jimmy his ass would def be on the bench next year. But he is playing far better than Jimmy and at an elite level and that is why there is talk of him and franchise qb going forward etc.

The eye test is what people cite when there is no evidence

The eye test IS evidence.

It is subjective and biased at best.

If everything could be quantified on a yes or no basis, there'd be no need for courthouses to exist.

Being subjective is a reality,...not a negative.

What we can observe with our eyes is what matters the most.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Garce:
FUN FACT:

Dak Prescott 40 Time: 4.79 sec

Big Cock Brock 40 Time: 4.76 sec

Are you sure, NFL combine says 4.84.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/brock-purdy/32005055-5224-3289-b108-8aab5e23b748

I don't know where his 1.55 split comes from too cause the combine was 1.61

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/brock-purdy

which comes from the combine
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
love baldy lol

I bet BA stopped on that play because he thought it was going to Deebo and he was gonna block.
Originally posted by thl408:
Let's talk football

Closing the Trey thread was dumb and ruined this thread.

why did it get closed??"
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

JG thread hijacked by Alex Smith posts. A dude who hasn't played here in nearly ten years. SMH.

The conversation was about Jimmy being a success and what defines success. Just because Alex's name was brought up (by the poster who started the conversation mind you), doesnt mean the thread was "hijacked." Dramatic much?
LOL. Hmmm. Did you take my post personally? Did you think I was talking about you?

Worse, did the guy who is ABSOLUTELY FLOORED AND AMAZED, using strings of hyperbole when anyone expresses an opinion contrary to his, just come in to call me out for being dramatic? What an incredible lack of self-awareness!

Imagine not considering 4 plus pages of AS discussion in the JG thread to not be a hijack.

I participated so yes I know you were talking about me and others.

And for the record, this graphic was posted and the conversation was about QB wins.

But of course the name Alex Smith was brought up (amongst others), so of course your batsignal went up. Doesn't matter that a plethora of other QBs were discussed.

yeah, he just so happened to be in the graphic and thus was mentioned then and there.

That's how I'd rank those QB's all-time.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Sick of this narrative from talking heads that this is the best defense that purdy will face and are expecting him to fall flat on his face. Can't wait for him to shut people up sunday, but they will just move the goalposts again saying he can't beat philly . These bozos should be more talking dak making mistakes against our defense (qb that lead the league in ints despite missing 5 games vs defense with most ints in the league)

he's already been practicing against the best defense all offseason and pre season.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Garce:
FUN FACT:

Dak Prescott 40 Time: 4.79 sec

Big Cock Brock 40 Time: 4.76 sec

Purdy's advantage is not over 40 yards, What QBs even run 40 yards more often than once in a Blue Moon? Purdy's explosiveness is in his 10 yards that gets him out of the pocket and out of the hands of a goon Defensive Lineman so he can line up an open receiver after the scramble.

Its his athleticism plus his vision and arm accuracy. This QB is unreal.

Many have said it, I'll say it too. Brock is kyles ideal QB.
Originally posted by thl408:
Let's talk football

Closing the Trey thread was dumb and ruined this thread.

why did it get closed??"

It was on pace to break Jimmy G's thread pages and the mods had to put a stop to it.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

JG thread hijacked by Alex Smith posts. A dude who hasn't played here in nearly ten years. SMH.

The conversation was about Jimmy being a success and what defines success. Just because Alex's name was brought up (by the poster who started the conversation mind you), doesnt mean the thread was "hijacked." Dramatic much?
LOL. Hmmm. Did you take my post personally? Did you think I was talking about you?

Worse, did the guy who is ABSOLUTELY FLOORED AND AMAZED, using strings of hyperbole when anyone expresses an opinion contrary to his, just come in to call me out for being dramatic? What an incredible lack of self-awareness!

Imagine not considering 4 plus pages of AS discussion in the JG thread to not be a hijack.

I participated so yes I know you were talking about me and others.

And for the record, this graphic was posted and the conversation was about QB wins.

But of course the name Alex Smith was brought up (amongst others), so of course your batsignal went up. Doesn't matter that a plethora of other QBs were discussed.

yeah, he just so happened to be in the graphic and thus was mentioned then and there.

That's how I'd rank those QB's all-time.

Jeff Garcia? Brodie?
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Jan 18, 2023 at 5:59 PM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Sick of this narrative from talking heads that this is the best defense that purdy will face and are expecting him to fall flat on his face. Can't wait for him to shut people up sunday, but they will just move the goalposts again saying he can't beat philly . These bozos should be more talking dak making mistakes against our defense (qb that lead the league in ints despite missing 5 games vs defense with most ints in the league)

he's already been practicing against the best defense all offseason and pre season.

I loved Pudy's comment about Nick Bosa forcing him to speed up his QB clock, because he was constantly annoying him by just standing there staring at him two feet away as he was just releasing the ball.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Sorry, this is a Grant Cohn video, so hold your nose while watching the video, but get a look at Brock Purdy studying his playbook/opponent while Bosa is being interviewed.

https://youtu.be/ISlQTXhV2ns
Sorry, this is a Grant Cohn video, so hold your nose while watching the video, but get a look at Brock Purdy studying his playbook/opponent while Bosa is being interviewed.

wed is install day, thats cool seeing BCB geek out on the game plan
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

The high stepping costs him a tenth of a sec but worth it

🤣🤣🤣
Share 49ersWebzone