There are 540 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Sorry, this is a Grant Cohn video, so hold your nose while watching the video, but get a look at Brock Purdy studying his playbook/opponent while Bosa is being interviewed.

wed is install day, thats cool seeing BCB geek out on the game plan

Trey Lance, I'm sure is taking note on Brock.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Sick of this narrative from talking heads that this is the best defense that purdy will face and are expecting him to fall flat on his face. Can't wait for him to shut people up sunday, but they will just move the goalposts again saying he can't beat philly . These bozos should be more talking dak making mistakes against our defense (qb that lead the league in ints despite missing 5 games vs defense with most ints in the league)

he's already been practicing against the best defense all offseason and pre season.

I loved Pudy's comment about Nick Bosa forcing him to speed up his QB clock, because he was constantly annoying him by just standing there staring at him two feet away as he was just releasing the ball.

You forgot to put the word "salivating" in after two feet away.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by boast:
it's funny how bringing up a W/L is so triggering to some.

For real.. it's part of the equation for evaluating QBs. NFL clubs do it all the time. The more we win with Brock the harder it will be for the actual club to move away from starting him. We all know this.

It's HOW you win that matters.

W/L is only relevant if you pass the eye test. Since the SB vs the Chiefs Jimmy has not passed the eye test so W/L means far less.

Brock is playing at an elite level and is PLAYMAKING. So the wins he gets credit for as he has been the reason we are scoring 35+ points in our sleep and passes the eye test.

If Brock was winning but playing no different from Jimmy his ass would def be on the bench next year. But he is playing far better than Jimmy and at an elite level and that is why there is talk of him and franchise qb going forward etc.

The eye test is what people cite when there is no evidence

The eye test IS evidence.

It is subjective and biased at best.

If everything could be quantified on a yes or no basis, there'd be no need for courthouses to exist.

Being subjective is a reality,...not a negative.

What we can observe with our eyes is what matters the most.

But people see things differently and often in a way that favors their preconceived notions/biases.
Originally posted by Furlow:

deserving of a bump! great listen.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
love baldy lol

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Holy s**t... the usual Lance Trolls got the Lance thread locked.. and now they are bringing that s**t here.

I understand why they feel comfortable doing it though. s**t happened in Kaepernick threads as well... trolls s**t it up. It gets locked instead of the folks, who were obviously posting in bad faith, got took care of.

JG thread hijacked by Alex Smith posts. A dude who hasn't played here in nearly ten years. SMH.

The conversation was about Jimmy being a success and what defines success. Just because Alex's name was brought up (by the poster who started the conversation mind you), doesnt mean the thread was "hijacked." Dramatic much?
LOL. Hmmm. Did you take my post personally? Did you think I was talking about you?

Worse, did the guy who is ABSOLUTELY FLOORED AND AMAZED, using strings of hyperbole when anyone expresses an opinion contrary to his, just come in to call me out for being dramatic? What an incredible lack of self-awareness!

Imagine not considering 4 plus pages of AS discussion in the JG thread to not be a hijack.

I participated so yes I know you were talking about me and others.

And for the record, this graphic was posted and the conversation was about QB wins.

But of course the name Alex Smith was brought up (amongst others), so of course your batsignal went up. Doesn't matter that a plethora of other QBs were discussed.

yeah, he just so happened to be in the graphic and thus was mentioned then and there.

That's how I'd rank those QB's all-time.

LOL at you dudes derailing the Brock thread in the middle of a playoff run by talking about the Jimmy G thread and Alex Smith OT posts in that thread.

Jesus, people. Get over all the hurt feels.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by tankle104:

but most importantly, I think his football junkiness aligns him with shanahan. I'm not say our other QBs aren't, but it does seem like this is the best Kyles aligned with a QB since Matt Ryan. When they're aligned so well, I think it transfers over to the field and he can see what and why shanahan is calling certain plays and what he is trying to set up.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking Shanahan's quote from Monday. Shanahan saying he and Brock see the game similarly is pretty big statement from Shanny about his ROOKIE QB.

Brock has an idea, when Brock sees the tape, he is always so honest with himself and I think we see it very similar and I think he trusts that we see stuff when he isn't seeing it.

That's pretty significant. If at nothing else, KYLE probably feels like he's found his new love after a hard long distance breakup with Cousins.

Yes. Kyle can finally get over it.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 18, 2023 at 6:16 PM ]

For real.. it's part of the equation for evaluating QBs. NFL clubs do it all the time. The more we win with Brock the harder it will be for the actual club to move away from starting him. We all know this.

W/L is only relevant if you pass the eye test. Since the SB vs the Chiefs Jimmy has not passed the eye test so W/L means far less.

Brock is playing at an elite level and is PLAYMAKING. So the wins he gets credit for as he has been the reason we are scoring 35+ points in our sleep and passes the eye test.

If Brock was winning but playing no different from Jimmy his ass would def be on the bench next year. But he is playing far better than Jimmy and at an elite level and that is why there is talk of him and franchise qb going forward etc.

If everything could be quantified on a yes or no basis, there'd be no need for courthouses to exist.

But people see things differently and often in a way that favors their preconceived notions/biases.

It's fine that people can see things differently.

That doesn't change reality. Both of these things can coexist, and you cant measure everything with numbers.

Over everything else, the eye test matters the most in football.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 18, 2023 at 6:18 PM ]
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Sick of this narrative from talking heads that this is the best defense that purdy will face and are expecting him to fall flat on his face. Can't wait for him to shut people up sunday, but they will just move the goalposts again saying he can't beat philly . These bozos should be more talking dak making mistakes against our defense (qb that lead the league in ints despite missing 5 games vs defense with most ints in the league)

he's already been practicing against the best defense all offseason and pre season.

I loved Pudy's comment about Nick Bosa forcing him to speed up his QB clock, because he was constantly annoying him by just standing there staring at him two feet away as he was just releasing the ball.

LOL. where'd you hear this from? good stuff

It's fine that people can see things differently. That doesn't change reality. Both of these things can coexist, and you cant measure everything with numbers.

The eye test is used most often to counter reality based statistics.
Our eye tests are nearly meaningless compared to measurables.

Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Garce:
FUN FACT:

Dak Prescott 40 Time: 4.79 sec

Big Cock Brock 40 Time: 4.76 sec

Are you sure, NFL combine says 4.84.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/brock-purdy/32005055-5224-3289-b108-8aab5e23b748

Purdy's advantage is not over 40 yards, What QBs even run 40 yards more often than once in a Blue Moon? Purdy's explosiveness is in his 10 yards that gets him out of the pocket and out of the hands of a goon Defensive Lineman so he can line up an open receiver after the scramble.

Its his athleticism plus his vision and arm accuracy. This QB is unreal.

Many have said it, I'll say it too. Brock is kyles ideal QB.

Plus processing speed, and can throw off platform, is a leader.

And then some overlooked intangibles such as:
Not fumbling the ball
Can get the pass off
Doesn't take a lot of sack
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 18, 2023 at 6:23 PM ]

It's fine that people can see things differently. That doesn't change reality. Both of these things can coexist, and you cant measure everything with numbers.

Statistics give us insight into why we see what we see.
Sorry, this is a Grant Cohn video, so hold your nose while watching the video, but get a look at Brock Purdy studying his playbook/opponent while Bosa is being interviewed.

Ktitle trynna take Brock's lunch while telling him--forget the install-- just throw the ball my way.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 18, 2023 at 6:26 PM ]

No. That's just categorically false. Eye tests are what has caused humans to begin measuring things to begin with.

Statistics are used to support the eye test. Details and evidence support the subjective thesis statement. That's what we all learned in school, right?

Hopefully I don't have to post boring school stuff to show something so obvious. Statistics are not arguments. What we do here is argue, just in case you haven't noticed, lol.

What you'd like to do is take a set of numbers to your choosing and severely overstate the importance of them since people have different subjective opinions. That's just not how numbers are to be used,...especially in a sport like football no less.

You subjectively give QBs you like personal credit for win-loss records, for example. With 22 players on the field, after games, you subjectively want to give the credit to one player, no matter what the statistical evidence says. So please don't pretend to be a statistics buff because you have shown over and over that you have no interest in what they really say.

1 out of 11 is a statistic. You do know that, right? Well, this doesn't stop you from calling W/L records a QB stat, when factually, it's clearly a team stat. So what you like to do here is pick and choose.

Logically, no matter how many times we argue or disagree about it, it's just never going to make sense and the world around us is the evidence of it.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 18, 2023 at 6:29 PM ]
"enormous manhood" lmaooo
Share 49ersWebzone