49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 399 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why the hell does Chris Sims keep saying Mac Jones is better than Brock, what is his f**king point? Totally brain dead dips**t.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Sorry, this is a Grant Cohn video, so hold your nose while watching the video, but get a look at Brock Purdy studying his playbook/opponent while Bosa is being interviewed.

Always workin' hard.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Why the hell does Chris Sims keep saying Mac Jones is better than Brock, what is his f**king point? Totally brain dead dips**t.
motivation
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
I posted a few weeks ago (I think after Bucs game) about how long it'll take for the league to form a blueprint on Purdy, and so far it appears that they still haven't figured him out and by the time they do it might be too late. Kid is a winner!

3 more games left. Clock is ticking. Shanny/Purdy duo sneak attacking the league for a ring!

Tough to figure out a QB when his run game is so dominant. Yes, you figure Brock out by dropping so-and-so in XYZ coverage, all Brock has to do is hand it off to Deebo/CMC/Mitchell and the defense is back to first down and 10.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Sorry, this is a Grant Cohn video, so hold your nose while watching the video, but get a look at Brock Purdy studying his playbook/opponent while Bosa is being interviewed.

Always workin' hard.

1000% won/loss rate agrees with you.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Everyone calls w-l records a qb stat.

1st of all, this is a lie, and an entirely subjective statement,...as "everyone" doesn't "call" it anything

And even if they did, relying on what people "call" something admits that your argument is horribly flawed and flies right in the face of what u were arguing regarding "subjectivity."

I thought you were more interested in black and white facts?

There are about 22 guys contributing on both sides of the ball to your team's success. Not talking articles or clicks,....just talking reality. A corner blowing coverage twice can easily lead to a loss and 14 points the other way.

The fact is that wins and losses are a team stat, but do you see how fast you threw your lust for facts right out the window? I saw it coming a mile away.

My thesis is coming @ the end instead of the beginning,...but clearly, the evidence above shows that you gravitate to a couple numbers you like so you can make grandiose statements, whether they make sense or not. And you want to then use "numbers" to back them up because you can't argue "facts",...right?

If a guy is 50-10 as a starting QB, he's 50-10 as a starting QB. I hate to tell you this, but that is where the facts begin and end with that statement. No argument is included in it.

Nah a vast majority of people give wins to QBs. You guys are just being difficult imo. Just a quick Google of "QB wins" shows that it is a very very well known stat throughout all platforms of media. Even look at Super Bowls and how guys like Montana ad Brady are known for wins.
the NFL doesn't record team stats to individuals.

Thats why QB Ratings and QBR was created to try help determine QB play (which still has it flaws)

No..
where is the W/L record, https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ?

and tell me why QB Rating and QBR was created ?

Where's QBR on that link?
OMG it's not there, what shall we do

I don't know, you tell us. You're the one that set the standard that the only "real" stats are on NFL.com.
where did i say QBR has to be thee stat.. ?

if you read, i said that's why ratings and QBR were created to help with QB play.. not a stat

"the NFL doesn't record team stats to individuals.
Thats why QB Ratings and QBR was created to try help determine QB play (which still has it flaws)."

"where is the W/L record, https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ?
and tell me why QB Rating and QBR was created ?"
is this supposed to be a gotcha moment, quoting why i said ratings were created lol ?

You said that W/L isn't a stat for QB's, because NFL.com doesn't have it.

NFL.com does not have QBR either, yet you cite it regularly (and in this same argument).
Originally posted by thl408:
Brock seems to throw better to the left side of the field. This isn't typical for right handed QBs. I think it's a good thing since most defenses have their lesser CB at right CB (QB's left).

I think teams are going to focus on this at some point and prevent him sliding and rolling left. Dating back to college it's a go-to move.

That could be great if they did, it basically would become at least one extra set of eyes following the QB.

That was basically the idea of Trey Lance...right? The defense accounting for how the QB moved as well as all the skill position guys.

If a team at least is going to dedicate its positioning and time to slow or stop the naked bootleg, then that puts players potentially in worst position to account for the ground game.

1st of all, this is a lie, and an entirely subjective statement,...as "everyone" doesn't "call" it anything

And even if they did, relying on what people "call" something admits that your argument is horribly flawed and flies right in the face of what u were arguing regarding "subjectivity."

There are about 22 guys contributing on both sides of the ball to your team's success. Not talking articles or clicks,....just talking reality. A corner blowing coverage twice can easily lead to a loss and 14 points the other way.

The fact is that wins and losses are a team stat, but do you see how fast you threw your lust for facts right out the window? I saw it coming a mile away.

My thesis is coming @ the end instead of the beginning,...but clearly, the evidence above shows that you gravitate to a couple numbers you like so you can make grandiose statements, whether they make sense or not. And you want to then use "numbers" to back them up because you can't argue "facts",...right?

If a guy is 50-10 as a starting QB, he's 50-10 as a starting QB. I hate to tell you this, but that is where the facts begin and end with that statement. No argument is included in it.

Nah a vast majority of people give wins to QBs. You guys are just being difficult imo. Just a quick Google of "QB wins" shows that it is a very very well known stat throughout all platforms of media. Even look at Super Bowls and how guys like Montana ad Brady are known for wins.

Thats why QB Ratings and QBR was created to try help determine QB play (which still has it flaws)

No..

I don't know, you tell us. You're the one that set the standard that the only "real" stats are on NFL.com.

if you read, i said that's why ratings and QBR were created to help with QB play.. not a stat

Thats why QB Ratings and QBR was created to try help determine QB play (which still has it flaws)."

is this supposed to be a gotcha moment, quoting why i said ratings were created lol ?

NFL.com does not have QBR either, yet you cite it regularly (and in this same argument).
so i can't say why Ratings were created ? because that is all i said
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 18, 2023 at 10:34 PM ]
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran

Same reason he keeps backing up zach wilson. He already put in all his chips on those guys before they even took a snap in the nfl. Hes living and dying by his decision.
Originally posted by q0c0p:

Same reason he keeps backing up zach wilson. He already put in all his chips on those guys before they even took a snap in the nfl. Hes living and dying by his decision.

I have not seen what he said...but guessing..... he thought Mac would be great in Shanny's offense. His point might be something along the lines of...if you think Brock is good....Mac would be even better.

He probably has a point on at least some level. Mac's good stuff is really good....and he has horses**t to work with in NE. He probably would have been a top NFL QB on the 49ers.

I find that every time I type Mac Jones name I am morally bound to beat a dead horse and repeat how much I dislike the dude and think he is a cancer. I can't predict the future but he has the tools to be a good NFL QB, just like his personality can get him turned into a black sheep and have players and teams that don't want anything to do with him.

I am just damn glad he is not on the 49ers, I would probably be banned or disappear for years again if he was on the 49ers. I wanted the dude to be great, but I really can't stand the guy.

• Furlow
  • Veteran

No..

so i can't say why Ratings were created ? because that is all i said

Oh cool you're trying to change the subject. K
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by thl408:
Brock seems to throw better to the left side of the field. This isn't typical for right handed QBs. I think it's a good thing since most defenses have their lesser CB at right CB (QB's left).

I think teams are going to focus on this at some point and prevent him sliding and rolling left. Dating back to college it's a go-to move.

That could be great if they did, it basically would become at least one extra set of eyes following the QB.

That was basically the idea of Trey Lance...right? The defense accounting for how the QB moved as well as all the skill position guys.

If a team at least is going to dedicate its positioning and time to slow or stop the naked bootleg, then that puts players potentially in worst position to account for the ground game.

Agree. This is a pick-your-poison problem that is only getting worse with Deebo and Mitchell back. The Raiders were pretty aware of containing Purdy's left if I remember correctly.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Because Simms' thing on Brock is that he's a one hit wonder and he can't keep doing it.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 19, 2023 at 12:14 AM ]

simms says a lot of weird s**t, florio too

they definitely know how to egg on the fans
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 19, 2023 at 12:25 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

simms says a lot of weird s**t, florio too

they definitely know how to egg on the fans

Mac Jones... what a flop
Share 49ersWebzone