There are 177 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by thl408:
everything is offensive i guess.

that said I dont like my kids even pointing finger air guns at people.

As a gun owner i heavily preach and teach gun safety.

Perhaps its that?

IDK.

I was just being dumb. You weren't supposed to respond.

but I am dumb all the time.

Lol
Brock Purdy currently in the process of rewriting the NFL record and fact book. Don't think they have a QB batting 1.000 on win percentage. Probably need a minimum of starts tho that's how they may box him out of the book for now.
Mac Jones would be Brock Purdy's backup. Purdy has more talent in his little pinky finger than Jones has in his whole body. Do these guys even watch the games?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
Everyone calls w-l records a qb stat.

1st of all, this is a lie, and an entirely subjective statement,...as "everyone" doesn't "call" it anything

And even if they did, relying on what people "call" something admits that your argument is horribly flawed and flies right in the face of what u were arguing regarding "subjectivity."

I thought you were more interested in black and white facts?

There are about 22 guys contributing on both sides of the ball to your team's success. Not talking articles or clicks,....just talking reality. A corner blowing coverage twice can easily lead to a loss and 14 points the other way.

The fact is that wins and losses are a team stat, but do you see how fast you threw your lust for facts right out the window? I saw it coming a mile away.

My thesis is coming @ the end instead of the beginning,...but clearly, the evidence above shows that you gravitate to a couple numbers you like so you can make grandiose statements, whether they make sense or not. And you want to then use "numbers" to back them up because you can't argue "facts",...right?

If a guy is 50-10 as a starting QB, he's 50-10 as a starting QB. I hate to tell you this, but that is where the facts begin and end with that statement. No argument is included in it.

Nah a vast majority of people give wins to QBs. You guys are just being difficult imo. Just a quick Google of "QB wins" shows that it is a very very well known stat throughout all platforms of media. Even look at Super Bowls and how guys like Montana ad Brady are known for wins.
the NFL doesn't record team stats to individuals.

Thats why QB Ratings and QBR was created to try help determine QB play (which still has it flaws)

No..
where is the W/L record, https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ?

and tell me why QB Rating and QBR was created ?

Where's QBR on that link?
OMG it's not there, what shall we do

I don't know, you tell us. You're the one that set the standard that the only "real" stats are on NFL.com.
where did i say QBR has to be thee stat.. ?

if you read, i said that's why ratings and QBR were created to help with QB play.. not a stat

"the NFL doesn't record team stats to individuals.
Thats why QB Ratings and QBR was created to try help determine QB play (which still has it flaws)."

"where is the W/L record, https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ?
and tell me why QB Rating and QBR was created ?"
is this supposed to be a gotcha moment, quoting why i said ratings were created lol ?

You said that W/L isn't a stat for QB's, because NFL.com doesn't have it.

NFL.com does not have QBR either, yet you cite it regularly (and in this same argument).
so i can't say why Ratings were created ? because that is all i said

Oh cool you're trying to change the subject. K

W/L record is a a TEAM STAT.

W/L record as a starter is a QB stat, DL stat, OL stat, RB stat, etc.

No player in the NFL has a W/L record, though. Well maybe Gronk did and Kittle will because they're into that fake wrestling stuff.

There is W/L record as a participant and W/L record as a bench player that never entered the game as well. So what? Onlookers have the right to "record" whatever they want.

W/L record is still a team stat, and a team stat only. Until football rules gets rid of the other 20 players on the field, it will continue to be this way.

I mean do you want more myths?

It's not really year 2023, because the Earth is billions of yrs old.
Bulls don't really get mad when they "see" red, George Washington didnt really have wooden teeth, and bats aren't really blind.

I mean we can go on forever, lol.

Virtuslly all of the statistical record keepers in the NFL have tracked w-l for qbs and bot for any other players. Street and Smiths, Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly etc.

Your beef is with them.

It's not a team stat only. The NFL recognizes QB W/L record as an 'official' stat. It's in the NFL actual record book and fact guide from the league. QB is the only position the league does this.

Is it on NFL.com though?

It is. Record and facts. Food for the mind.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/2022-nfl-record-and-fact-book/

I was poking fun at 49att. Last night he was saying W/L is not an official stat because it's not in NFL.com, so it shouldn't be used to rate QB play. But then he cited QBR to judge QB play, even though it's not on NFL.com either. Lol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Mac Jones would be Brock Purdy's backup. Purdy has more talent in his little pinky finger than Jones has in his whole body. Do these guys even watch the games?

I think they get really deep in the draft eval and fall in love with certain guys traits / mechanics. Anything that confirms their presuppositions is considered proof of their genius. Anything that runs counter to their eval is considered some mitigating circumstance.
Everyone calls w-l records a qb stat.

1st of all, this is a lie, and an entirely subjective statement,...as "everyone" doesn't "call" it anything

And even if they did, relying on what people "call" something admits that your argument is horribly flawed and flies right in the face of what u were arguing regarding "subjectivity."

I thought you were more interested in black and white facts?

There are about 22 guys contributing on both sides of the ball to your team's success. Not talking articles or clicks,....just talking reality. A corner blowing coverage twice can easily lead to a loss and 14 points the other way.

The fact is that wins and losses are a team stat, but do you see how fast you threw your lust for facts right out the window? I saw it coming a mile away.

My thesis is coming @ the end instead of the beginning,...but clearly, the evidence above shows that you gravitate to a couple numbers you like so you can make grandiose statements, whether they make sense or not. And you want to then use "numbers" to back them up because you can't argue "facts",...right?

If a guy is 50-10 as a starting QB, he's 50-10 as a starting QB. I hate to tell you this, but that is where the facts begin and end with that statement. No argument is included in it.

Nah a vast majority of people give wins to QBs. You guys are just being difficult imo. Just a quick Google of "QB wins" shows that it is a very very well known stat throughout all platforms of media. Even look at Super Bowls and how guys like Montana ad Brady are known for wins.
the NFL doesn't record team stats to individuals.

Thats why QB Ratings and QBR was created to try help determine QB play (which still has it flaws)

No..
where is the W/L record, https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ?

and tell me why QB Rating and QBR was created ?

Where's QBR on that link?
OMG it's not there, what shall we do

I don't know, you tell us. You're the one that set the standard that the only "real" stats are on NFL.com.
where did i say QBR has to be thee stat.. ?

if you read, i said that's why ratings and QBR were created to help with QB play.. not a stat

"the NFL doesn't record team stats to individuals.
Thats why QB Ratings and QBR was created to try help determine QB play (which still has it flaws)."

"where is the W/L record, https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/ ?
and tell me why QB Rating and QBR was created ?"
is this supposed to be a gotcha moment, quoting why i said ratings were created lol ?

You said that W/L isn't a stat for QB's, because NFL.com doesn't have it.

NFL.com does not have QBR either, yet you cite it regularly (and in this same argument).
so i can't say why Ratings were created ? because that is all i said

Oh cool you're trying to change the subject. K

W/L record is a a TEAM STAT.

W/L record as a starter is a QB stat, DL stat, OL stat, RB stat, etc.

No player in the NFL has a W/L record, though. Well maybe Gronk did and Kittle will because they're into that fake wrestling stuff.

There is W/L record as a participant and W/L record as a bench player that never entered the game as well. So what? Onlookers have the right to "record" whatever they want.

W/L record is still a team stat, and a team stat only. Until football rules gets rid of the other 20 players on the field, it will continue to be this way.

I mean do you want more myths?

It's not really year 2023, because the Earth is billions of yrs old.
Bulls don't really get mad when they "see" red, George Washington didnt really have wooden teeth, and bats aren't really blind.

I mean we can go on forever, lol.

Virtuslly all of the statistical record keepers in the NFL have tracked w-l for qbs and bot for any other players. Street and Smiths, Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly etc.

Your beef is with them.

It's not a team stat only. The NFL recognizes QB W/L record as an 'official' stat. It's in the NFL actual record book and fact guide from the league. QB is the only position the league does this.

Is it on NFL.com though?

It is. Record and facts. Food for the mind.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/2022-nfl-record-and-fact-book/

I was poking fun at 49att. Last night he was saying W/L is not an official stat because it's not in NFL.com, so it shouldn't be used to rate QB play. But then he cited QBR to judge QB play, even though it's not on NFL.com either. Lol

Yeah I've had these run arounds with MrAtt and it is on NFL.com the record and fact book QB W/L is in there recognized by the league you can get to it from the website.
OMG are you guys still bull s**tting on if W/L is a QB stat

Well, if Jones was drafted here last year it is very likely that Brock would be his backup. If somehow Jones is acquired from this point forward you are correct that Purdy would be the starter.

No matter how you slice it. I'm extremely happy that Brock is our starter. There is a small list, a very small list of QBs I'd take over Brock at this juncture.

I think they get really deep in the draft eval and fall in love with certain guys traits / mechanics. Anything that confirms their presuppositions is considered proof of their genius. Anything that runs counter to their eval is considered some mitigating circumstance.

Yeah they are too caught up in draft evaluation and draft status. That doesn't matter. How you play matters.
Originally posted by krizay:

Well, if Jones was drafted here last year it is very likely that Brock would be his backup. If somehow Jones is acquired from this point forward you are correct that Purdy would be the starter.

No matter how you slice it. I'm extremely happy that Brock is our starter. There is a small list, a very small list of QBs I'd take over Brock at this juncture.

He's pretty spectacular and his upside is huge.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Why is it BS'ing? Some folks are saying that's it's not a 'real' stat. It is. It's on NFL.com in the league own fact book. For QBs.

Yeah they are too caught up in draft evaluation and draft status. That doesn't matter. How you play matters.

Totally. Just come clean Simms. Not shame in saying I was wrong. No one is perfect.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Well 49erfaithful just settled it. It's in the NFL record book as an official stat for QB's.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Let's talk football

Such a violent celebration.

I think this one is a hybrid of the "six shooter" and "ice in his veins." Maybe he's just doing them both together now lol.

That is a DISGUSTING act by Brock Purdy and we apologize for showing it on our broadcast

- Joe Buck (probably)

I prefer the celebration where he is shooting H in his arm. Have to let the kids know that he doesn't mess around!

I like all of them.

Keep them up.

As long as he is shooting up AFTER the TD 😈

haha right?

In a weird way his post TD hype really helps this team and his station among his peers.

I personally hate all the showboating. All the little "shooting guns" or "shooting drugs" dances are so unprofessional and immature.

I think he should spend his time after touchdowns a little more productively, such as filing his taxes, investing his money wisely, or practicing good dental hygiene. It would set a good example for the young people watching as well
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Brock Purdy currently in the process of rewriting the NFL record and fact book. Don't think they have a QB batting 1.000 on win percentage. Probably need a minimum of starts tho that's how they may box him out of the book for now.

Didn't Big Ben start 13-0?
Share 49ersWebzone