There are 125 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
OMG are you guys still bull s**tting on if W/L is a QB stat

Well 49erfaithful just settled it. It's in the NFL record book as an official stat for QB's.

Please guys. I know it's still football but perhaps create a separate thread for this?
Originally posted by thl408:
Please guys. I know it's still football but perhaps create a separate thread for this?

I just saw a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng thread on this topic in here. I posted separately saying basically how in the hell are ya'll still talking about it?

please don't lump me in with him and that group with this. I'm not arguing with them, don't have the time or energy to debate silly stuff. On to Dallas
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 19, 2023 at 9:58 AM ]
  • thl408

I just saw a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng thread on this topic in here. I posted separately saying basically how in the hell are ya'll still talking about it?

please don't lump me in with him and that group with this. I'm not arguing with them, don't have the time or energy to debate silly stuff. On to Dallas

• Furlow
  • Veteran

Well 49erfaithful just settled it. It's in the NFL record book as an official stat for QB's.

Well the debate about W/L record is whether it's indicative of good/bad QB play. The general consensus (and the NFL makes it official) is that W/L record is a QB stat, and thus, can be used to make arguments about the merits of a particular QB. Perhaps the 2-3 posters who continue arguing that it's NOT a QB stat could finally capitulate and not derail QB threads anymore.

Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Let's talk football

Such a violent celebration.

I think this one is a hybrid of the "six shooter" and "ice in his veins." Maybe he's just doing them both together now lol.

That is a DISGUSTING act by Brock Purdy and we apologize for showing it on our broadcast

- Joe Buck (probably)

I prefer the celebration where he is shooting H in his arm. Have to let the kids know that he doesn't mess around!

I like all of them.

Keep them up.

As long as he is shooting up AFTER the TD 😈

haha right?

In a weird way his post TD hype really helps this team and his station among his peers.

I personally hate all the showboating. All the little "shooting guns" or "shooting drugs" dances are so unprofessional and immature.

I think he should spend his time after touchdowns a little more productively, such as filing his taxes, investing his money wisely, or practicing good dental hygiene. It would set a good example for the young people watching as well

Mahomes does little celebrations all the time. You have to remember he's a very young guy. Just turned 23. He's 1 year out of College. He still has that young College player mindset. He's just fired up that he's playing well in the pros. Why shouldn't he be? He will probably mature over the years. He's age appropriate for now.
This youtuber is a Denver fan, but his overall NFL videos are funny (plus he s**ts on his own team and that gremlin Russell.) Love his take on Brock:

"In a sign of respect for his elders, Brock allowed JJ Watt to sack him twice."

Well the debate about W/L record is whether it's indicative of good/bad QB play. The general consensus (and the NFL makes it official) is that W/L record is a QB stat, and thus, can be used to make arguments about the merits of a particular QB. Perhaps the 2-3 posters who continue arguing that it's NOT a QB stat could finally capitulate and not derail QB threads anymore.

That's rich coming from you Furlow.

I agree its a stat, I just dont agree its a very good one.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Let's talk football

I think this one is a hybrid of the "six shooter" and "ice in his veins." Maybe he's just doing them both together now lol.

That is a DISGUSTING act by Brock Purdy and we apologize for showing it on our broadcast

- Joe Buck (probably)

I prefer the celebration where he is shooting H in his arm. Have to let the kids know that he doesn't mess around!

I like all of them.

Keep them up.

Why is this okay but if a player fired off a few rounds from his air machine gun it'd be frowned upon? I'd like to see Brock adopt a sideways tilt when using his air pistol to look more gangsta.
Gang Bang Niner Bang Bang!

I luv his pew pew pew gunslinger celebration, double draw... not sure why it's a big deal, he's not shooting at anyone and firearms ownership and use is a constitutional right.

I still love a good Western movie. Gimme Charles Bronson or the Man with No Name.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Mahomes does little celebrations all the time. You have to remember he's a very young guy. Just turned 23. He's 1 year out of College. He still has that young College player mindset. He's just fired up that he's playing well in the pros. Why shouldn't he be? He will probably mature over the years. He's age appropriate for now.

Originally posted by swayze:
Let's talk football

- Joe Buck (probably)

I like all of them.

Keep them up.

As long as he is shooting up AFTER the TD 😈

haha right?

In a weird way his post TD hype really helps this team and his station among his peers.

I personally hate all the showboating. All the little "shooting guns" or "shooting drugs" dances are so unprofessional and immature.

I think he should spend his time after touchdowns a little more productively, such as filing his taxes, investing his money wisely, or practicing good dental hygiene. It would set a good example for the young people watching as well

that one got me.. would pay money to see that post TD celebration
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I agree its a stat, I just dont agree its a very good one.

My waist size is also a stat, just not a very good one.
Share 49ersWebzone