There are 145 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Wonder if Shanny takes a shot with Danny Gray this week. They hit 20 yard crossers all day last week, Dallas may cheat up their safeties to take that away. We know Danny can fly

Loved how they decoyed Danny last week
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Googles AI chat bot LaMDA weights in on BCB and the game:

Now the real test would be asking 'will the Cowboys beat the 49ers'. If she responds the Cowboys will because, then we have defeated her logic.
Pretty cool factoid: Brock concluded his college career in the fiesta bowl on January 2, 2021.

24 hours later the 49ers played their week 17 game on January 3, 2021.

Both games were played in the cardinals' stadium in Glendale.

This year's Super Bowl is going to be played at the same stadium.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Pretty cool factoid: Brock concluded his college career in the fiesta bowl on January 2, 2021.

24 hours later the 49ers played their week 17 game on January 3, 2021.

Both games were played in the cardinals' stadium in Glendale.

This year's Super Bowl is going to be played at the same stadium.
Levis first
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Were you getting the 10% increase from? I'm seeing he added 5 MPH to his throws which is substantial. I just don't know where you got 10% from?

This article breaks it all down

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/12/09/how-brock-purdy-was-built-from-undraftable-to-49ers-starter-daily-cover

not sure how much improvement can be made there, which is whatever. It's never gonna be about arm strength with Brock.

He increased his throws from 50 MPH to 55MPH. 5 is 10% of 50.

Maths is tough.

Haha cut the guy some slack. He was probably looking for where "10%" was stated in the article. No biggie.

Yes. To be fair doesn't work that way. If he double his arm strength measured in bench press, it doesn't really go from 50 mph to 100 mph.
Originally posted by Mankster:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
This youtuber is a Denver fan, but his overall NFL videos are funny (plus he s**ts on his own team and that gremlin Russell.) Love his take on Brock:

"In a sign of respect for his elders, Brock allowed JJ Watt to sack him twice."

This is awesome!! LMBO!!

That was very entertaining and this guy gets it!

Hes funny. But last season he jumped on the Jeff Garcia hate wagon before the NFC Championship game. Kinda put me off of watching him this season. Lol.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

my wife asked what BCB stood for…I told her and she said oh his poor mom has to see all those signs on game day 😂

Photo is invalid. No corndog.

these?

• Disp
  • Veteran
Lmao the Alex Smith corn dog Photoshop era was amazing.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by random49er:
Oh boy. LoL. Only thing I can ration is that there are a handful here that miss that "Us. vs. Them" stuff from Jimmy's thread,...and are trying to recreate it here in this one, even though pretty much everyone is onboard and enjoying the postseason.

Admitting that he's not among the most talented QBs in the game has somehow became a crime, because, what else we gonna gripe and argue about?

You would've hated Montana if they had these charts on him, lol. His was probably like this one minus the 95th percentile on ten yard split.

I asked him previously to do Montana and Brady. It's amazing that people still think physical measurables equate to good QB play. It's such a simpleton argument.

Yea i'm also done with pro days. They don't mean crap anymore

It is actual quite weird to say whether a QB is talented or not talented based on physical and athletic attributes when mental skills is far more important to play QB. I consider someone like Montana and Brady who can process quickly, go through the progression, stay calm to be extremely talented.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 19, 2023 at 7:31 PM ]
Brock Purdy in his 1st 6 career starts has averaged 9.3 YPA with a 9.1 TD%. That is 14 TD passes in 154 pass attempts. In those 6 starts he has a 122.3 passer rating.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 19, 2023 at 7:33 PM ]

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Brock Purdy in his 1st 6 career starts has averaged 9.3 YPA with a 9.1 TD%. That is 14 TD passes in 154 pass attempts. In those 6 starts he has a 122.3 passer rating.

KEEP IT UP!, KEEP IT UP!, KEEP IT UP!

RUDDYYY !!! RUDDYYY !!! PRUDDDYYYY !!!! PURDDDYYYY!!

B-ROCKIN BABYYY!! B-ROCKINNNNNN THE BOYSSSS !!!

GO NINERSSSS !!!
At what point do people realize continuing to incessantly repeat that he's a 7th round pick (or Mr. Irrelevant) doesn't even f**king matter anymore. It's so damn stupid. By people I mean all the idiotic football "analysts".
Originally posted by Disp:
Lmao the Alex Smith corn dog Photoshop era was amazing.

The one where he has an armful is great. Hahhaa
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
At what point do people realize continuing to incessantly repeat that he's a 7th round pick (or Mr. Irrelevant) doesn't even f**king matter anymore. It's so damn stupid. By people I mean all the idiotic football "analysts".

Yeah, Brady was a 6th and know one says s**t about that anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone