There are 158 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dallas beat a 65 yr old QB whose team was sub .500 and had no business being in the playoffs. They were so unprepared it wasn't even funny. TB avg 18.2 pts per game this yr.

LOL if they think that's what they're playing this week.

Yeah I couldn't believe there were people worried about playing the Bucs in the Playoffs. They thought that suddenly Brady was going to turn into his 30 year old self while in the playoffs and just become dominate. Instead he showed just how old he is.

Look what he did last year vs. the Rams in the playoffs. That's why a lot of people weren't counting Brady out.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
That's good why bash anyone when we are in the div round of the playoffs if you are bashing you aren't focused on the right thing right now.. 2023 will come when it does and we have a whole offseason to discuss. Don't know why ppl would be in a rush to get past this 2022 run and into offseason mode

Low IQ trolls

Bitter about being wrong about their binky Mac Jones

Want Jimmy to be the 9ers QB again

Take your pick.

Yeah, where the f**k is Bamaniner these days?

He's on to Cincinnati
Originally posted by Disp:
Look what he did last year vs. the Rams in the playoffs. That's why a lot of people weren't counting Brady out.

By the numbers he was still a Top 10 QB despite an atrocious run game and unimaginative and predictable playcalling.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

By the numbers he was still a Top 10 QB despite an atrocious run game and unimaginative and predictable playcalling.

I agree with you in that I don't think Brady was the issue it was the OL, run game. Run game was historically bad. DAL run D yet to be tested this postseason, that will change Sunday. We saw BP vs Tampa it was straight ownage. No probs there.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Jan 20, 2023 at 9:43 AM ]

I agree with you in that I don't think Brady was the issue it was the OL, run game. Run game was historically bad. DAL run D yet to be tested this postseason, that will change Sunday. We saw BP vs Tampa it was straight ownage. No probs there.

That whole team, including Brady, just wanted the season over. Everyone was checked out and didn't care.

something happened between Brady and evans - they don't seem to like each other anymore. They were super out of sync all year.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Sayin'
Originally posted by Furlow:

Sayin'

He plays like Montana.

• thl408
If Brock throws The Catch who catches it?

Brock will be the first Niner QB to coin the term, "The Throw" because the receiver that catches it is playing the lesser role.

I like that, ownage:)

Kittle.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Niner Gang, Let's Bang

Goddamn man I laughed for five minutes at this, tried to get back to work and it just keeps popping into my head. It's too funny man, I ain't getting s*** done today.

So damn dead lol.
Originally posted by thl408:
Brock needs to get the green light to use his scrambling this DAL game. If they play man with no robber or spy, checkdown with his legs. He usually goes towards the sideline and out so he'll protect himself. He did make a smart slide in one game to get the first down and protect himself. DAL will no doubt man up on some key downs.

I think Purdy's running ability is underrated. I don't want him to just start running, but I feel he has the ability to make it 11 on 11, and make the defense respect it, especially if they use man.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Brock needs to get the green light to use his scrambling this DAL game. If they play man with no robber or spy, checkdown with his legs. He usually goes towards the sideline and out so he'll protect himself. He did make a smart slide in one game to get the first down and protect himself. DAL will no doubt man up on some key downs.

I think Purdy's running ability is underrated. I don't want him to just start running, but I feel he has the ability to make it 11 on 11, and make the defense respect it, especially if they use man.

When BP starts highstepping that's when you know it's on and he's feeling it
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Brock will be the first Niner QB to coin the term, "The Throw" because the receiver that catches it is playing the lesser role.

He'll throw it so perfectly that the WR won't even have to look to catch it.

Brady should have just call his plays in the huddle.
Share 49ersWebzone