There are 183 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I also like all of his celebrations. I find it cool that he comes off cocky as a result but is actually/also a humble hard worker.

Yea I think it's really cool to see him jacked up like that!

Dude is so calm & collected and laid back constantly, then when we score he unleashes!! Love it!!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by thl408:
Brock needs to get the green light to use his scrambling this DAL game. If they play man with no robber or spy, checkdown with his legs. He usually goes towards the sideline and out so he'll protect himself. He did make a smart slide in one game to get the first down and protect himself. DAL will no doubt man up on some key downs.

I think Purdy's running ability is underrated. I don't want him to just start running, but I feel he has the ability to make it 11 on 11, and make the defense respect it, especially if they use man.

When BP starts highstepping that's when you know it's on and he's feeling it

I hope he doesn't high step in the future. I am sure most defenders hates that and feel disrespected and some will go for a cheap shot at him.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I hope he doesn't high step in the future. I am sure most defenders hates that and feel disrespected and some will go for a cheap shot at him.

If ppl get offended over high-stepping, they got issues lol.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Montana:
I also like all of his celebrations. I find it cool that he comes off cocky as a result but is actually/also a humble hard worker.

Yep. The swag juices up the team but also gets respect with the humble, hard working personality. Win win

I was listening to something, can't remember what, but an ex player said that his stutter steps he does will make
him a target with defensive players. Because defensive players look at that as disrespect. Odd.
"f**k them h@@s." - BCB

Players have been doing that for a long time. I've seen Mahomes do it several times.

Hmm interesting. I haven't watched too much of mahommes, At least not recently.

i just think it's cool that he has these little tricks in his arsenal to help give him an edge. It's like he has sat back and was honest with himself about his skill set and then said "what can I do to give my skill set the best advantage possible?".

i love it

I like how it all seems to come natural for him. His escaping the pocket, finding open guys, etc

I think it's amazing for a rookie in his first few games.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If Brock throws The Catch who catches it?

Brock will be the first Niner QB to coin the term, "The Throw" because the receiver that catches it is playing the lesser role.

My monies on Jennings for a tough catch! Dudes a dawg!
Originally posted by Montana:

If ppl get offended over high-stepping, they got issues lol.

That's how I feel but JT O'Sullivan said that defensive players may take offense - cause it can make them look bad.

It's not meant to be disrespectful. It's a hesi step meant to make a defender stop his feet. This is what it looks like when the defender takes the cheese.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

It's not meant to be disrespectful. It's a hesi step meant to make a defender stop his feet. This is what it looks like when the defender takes the cheese.

Yeah I agree, he's using it more as a stutter step to make the defender hesitate. THIS is high-stepping lol

Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
I like how it all seems to come natural for him. His escaping the pocket, finding open guys, etc

I think it's amazing for a rookie in his first few games.

That's super exciting for me too. I've felt like we haven't had a "natural" QB for quite one time. I know people are going to argue over the "natural" thing I said - but oh well!

Now, that doesn't mean someone won't/isn't good. I'd say Herbert doesn't look like a natural cause of his weird release and arm angles - it's like it almost looks clunky, not smooth. He's still a good qb though.

i just love the way his game flows and looks effortless.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yeah, he's stutter stepping, not high stepping for sure. It gives him that split second of hesitation by the defender and can allow him to get to the corner

Originally posted by Furlow:
Yeah I agree, he's using it more as a stutter step to make the defender hesitate. THIS is high-stepping lol

True

You can have 70k Twitter followers AND not know wtf you're taking about.
"who the fook is that guy?"

lol this is just another Fantasy Football guy. these guys ONLY care about whether or not a player can score FANTASY points.

lol at the people saying this guy knows what he's talking about.

[ Edited by boast on Jan 20, 2023 at 10:31 AM ]
The rookie quarterback attempted 10 passes of 20 yards or more downfield, which is the most in a game since Colin Kaepernick attempted 10 in 2014 in the 49ers' Week 10 overtime win over the New Orleans Saints. Purdy completed four of those 10 attempts for 110 yards.

Purdy's 332 passing yards were 100 yards more than any other 49ers quarterback in a postseason game since Shanahan became the 49ers' head coach. Garoppolo threw for 232 yards in the 2021 NFC Championship game against the Los Angeles Rams.

if Purdy gets 2+ Passing TDs this game, he officially holds the record of most consecutive starts for a rookie to throw 2+ TDs a game. Current at 7.
realistically he has already broke it but the Miami game doesn't count since he didn't start.

Edit: actually, I think they are counting the dolphins game. My bad
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 20, 2023 at 10:35 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:

lol this is just another Fantasy Football guy. these guys ONLY care about whether or not a player can score FANTASY points.

You can perform very well and ALSO not possess an elite skill set. Notice he said "CAN." Also noticed he referred to an entire SET,...not 1 or 2 great traits. It's all about taking your time and reading what the person's actually saying.

Given that,...he 100% knows what he's talking about in this case because it's true, so long as you're converting his words into meaning "Purdy will never be ELITE."

I know that kinda stuff happens here alot and points get lost but I'll reiterate: You don't have to be an ELITE ATHLETE (physically) to perform well at the NFL level for sustained period of time as Purdy has.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 20, 2023 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by boast:

You can perform very well and ALSO not possess an elite skill set. Notice he said "CAN."

It's true. You don't have to be an ELITE ATHLETE (physically) to perform well at the NFL level for sustained period of time as Purdy has.

of course "Mr Measurables = Talent' agrees with this.

Share 49ersWebzone