LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 216 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tankle104:

You can have 70k Twitter followers AND not know wtf you're taking about.
"who the fook is that guy?"

lol this is just another Fantasy Football guy. these guys ONLY care about whether or not a player can score FANTASY points.

lol at the people saying this guy knows what he's talking about.

What is an 'elite' skill set? JaMarcus Russell certainly had it so did Ryan Leaf. Why is cannon arm and big size considered 'elite traits' and Tom Brady's Jordan like competitiveness and drive not considered an 'elite trait'? Is accuracy and being able to unload from a bunch of different platforms not 'elite'?
Originally posted by random49er:
You can perform very well and ALSO not possess an elite skill set. Notice he said "CAN."

He 100% knows what he's talking about in this case because it's true, so long as you're converting his words into meaning "Purdy will never be ELITE."

I know that kinda stuff happens here alot and points get lost but I'll reiterate: You don't have to be an ELITE ATHLETE (physically) to perform well at the NFL level for sustained period of time as Purdy has.

Right, montana/Bree's/Brady/manning etc. they are some of the greatest but weren't necessarily gifted athletically.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What is an 'elite' skill set? JaMarcus Russell certainly had it so did Ryan Leaf. Why is cannon arm and big size considered 'elite traits' and Tom Brady's Jordan like competitiveness and drive not considered an 'elite trait'? Is accuracy and being able to unload from a bunch of different platforms not 'elite'?

I think he's referencing the physical tools. Which anyone that knows football, knows that they aren't nearly important as what's between the QBs ears. As long as the physical stuff is good enough.
of course "Mr Measurables = Talent' agrees with this.

Namecalling??You have a green light on doing so when you want instead of replying to topics,...but here's what was said regarding football:

You can perform very well and ALSO not possess an elite skill set. Notice he said "CAN." Also noticed he referred to an entire SET,...not 1 or 2 great traits. It's all about taking your time and reading what the person's actually saying.

Given that,...he 100% knows what he's talking about in this case because it's true, so long as you're not converting his words into meaning "Purdy will never be ELITE."

I know that kinda stuff happens here alot and points get lost but I'll reiterate: You don't have to be an ELITE ATHLETE (physically) to perform well at the NFL level for sustained period of time as Purdy has.

Purdy doesn't have an elite skill set. Might he in the future? Who knows,...but he doesn't right now. Doesn't mean he cant perform and play at the really high level he is right now. We have seen things like this time and time again from the QB position.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 20, 2023 at 10:52 AM ]
of course "Mr Measurables = Talent' agrees with this.

Namecalling??

You have a green light on doing so when you want instead of replying to topics,...but here's what was said regarding football:

You can perform very well and ALSO not possess an elite skill set. Notice he said "CAN." Also noticed he referred to an entire SET,...not 1 or 2 great traits. It's all about taking your time and reading what the person's actually saying.

Given that,...he 100% knows what he's talking about in this case because it's true, so long as you're converting his words into meaning "Purdy will never be ELITE."

how is calling back to a post you made name-calling? you claimed measurables = talent. you posted that. dont walk back on that now.

not all elite skills are based on "physical measurables" therefore the tweeter made a stupid comment.

lol this is just another Fantasy Football guy. these guys ONLY care about whether or not a player can score FANTASY points.

The accuracy goes hand in hand with the elite trait of his humongous man junk. He is able to throw with accuracy due to his junk being heavy which helps his center of balance when throwing.
how is calling back to a post you made name-calling? you claimed measurables = talent. you posted that. dont walk back on that now.

not all elite skills are based on "physical measurables" therefore the tweeter made a stupid comment.

You're calling me "Mr." something instead of replying to the post. Would be cool to respond to the comments made instead of resorting to namecalling with no reply?

If you have no legit point to reply with (because there really isint one), you can skip it as well? But green light.

Here's what was said:

Given that,...he 100% knows what he's talking about in this case because it's true, so long as you're not converting his words into meaning "Purdy will never be ELITE."

[ Edited by random49er on Jan 20, 2023 at 10:44 AM ]

You're calling me "Mr." something instead of replying to the post. Would be cool to respond to the comments made instead of resorting to namecalling with no reply?

If you have no legit point to reply with (because there really isint one), you can skip it as well? But green light.

you just quoted a legit reply imade. i even underlined for you because that's how you make posts. but you seem really worried about people bringing up your previous lame comments. look if you make a really stupid comment like "measurables = talent" and it's related to current discussion, i will bring it up 100% of the time.
[ Edited by boast on Jan 20, 2023 at 10:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Alfienator:
The accuracy goes hand in hand with the elite trait of his humongous man junk. He is able to throw with accuracy due to his junk being heavy which helps his center of balance when throwing.

And thats the reason why he has massive quads - to support the enormous weight of his man junk. And this also gives him the extra torque needed to deliver those big pass plays, juke a rusher barrelling down on him on a dime, and scramble for an easy 1st down. Who knew humungous junk would pay such dividends!?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Big 🐓 Brock!

His accuracy is insane. That throw to Aiyuk in the Corner of the Endzone, i can't ever see Jimmy doing that, let alone be that accurate on the move.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Future 49ers coach after Kyle retires from the 49ers?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

since when does ESPN hate us?? Lol they post this and then also predicting the cowboys have a 53% chance to beat us.

Screw FPI, its all about the Consensus.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Lol, I was trying to match him with someone. I think him and Harbaugh are exact matches.
That second throw still puzzles me why they say he has an average arm.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zY74rPlNxLc
[ Edited by Alfienator on Jan 20, 2023 at 11:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone