LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 289 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Sick of this narrative from talking heads that this is the best defense that purdy will face and are expecting him to fall flat on his face. Can't wait for him to shut people up sunday, but they will just move the goalposts again saying he can't beat philly . These bozos should be more talking dak making mistakes against our defense (qb that lead the league in ints despite missing 5 games vs defense with most ints in the league)

If he plays well Sunday, all the doubt about him will end.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:
You know what's weird? Everyone I know who is a Niner fan (which is a lot - coming from Northern California) absolutely loves Purdy and is excited for him.

I've never met anyone in person who was actually excited and truly believed in Lance. Lol going back to when we drafted him. They're always how I am, optimistic, but not really expecting too much. Lol I only see it on here.

i hope both have great careers. I hope both never have injuries.

regardless, both will be super bowl champions - after Purdy leads us to the promise land after this year. 😈😈

He was kind of a reach and inexperienced. Versus Purdy who was very experienced in College. If they wanted an athletic QB it was Fields. I never really understood how Lance is better than Fields? At what? I can't think of anything.

Lance is better at the mental parts of quarterbacking than Fields. But he's still a tick slow in going from "see it, throw it," and has serious accuracy issues. I can easily see why they'd pick Lance over Fields: teaching field vision is harder than teaching accuracy. Lance has Fields beat on that.
But... Purdy has Lance beat on that AS WELL as reaction speed AS WELL as accuracy. And he's also mobile and able to thrown on the run. Lance has him beat on arm strength and size and that's really about it. It's clear Purdy is the best of all three of these guys, and he's better than Jimmy and half the starters in the league as well.

But Lance is tall and can throw it a mile. Loads of talent.
You know what's weird? Everyone I know who is a Niner fan (which is a lot - coming from Northern California) absolutely loves Purdy and is excited for him.

I've never met anyone in person who was actually excited and truly believed in Lance. Lol going back to when we drafted him. They're always how I am, optimistic, but not really expecting too much. Lol I only see it on here.

regardless, both will be super bowl champions - after Purdy leads us to the promise land after this year. 😈😈

He was kind of a reach and inexperienced. Versus Purdy who was very experienced in College. If they wanted an athletic QB it was Fields. I never really understood how Lance is better than Fields? At what? I can't think of anything.

Lance is better at the mental parts of quarterbacking than Fields. But he's still a tick slow in going from "see it, throw it," and has serious accuracy issues. I can easily see why they'd pick Lance over Fields: teaching field vision is harder than teaching accuracy. Lance has Fields beat on that.
But... Purdy has Lance beat on that AS WELL as reaction speed AS WELL as accuracy. And he's also mobile and able to thrown on the run. Lance has him beat on arm strength and size and that's really about it. It's clear Purdy is the best of all three of these guys, and he's better than Jimmy and half the starters in the league as well.

Good luck lol
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Jan 20, 2023 at 5:57 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Keep it Brock steady.

Steady Brockin' all night long

Good one.
Originally posted by Montana:
Keep it Brock steady.

Steady Brockin' all night long

Good one.

Back with another one of those Brock rockin' beats
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Good luck lol

Good luck what? You disagree that Purdy has given us the best QB play we've had in years?
Originally posted by Furlow:

But Lance is tall and can throw it a mile. Loads of talent.

and Lance has better tatts and dresses better than BCB

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10062464-nfl-rumors-brock-purdy-expected-to-be-49ers-starting-qb-in-2023-over-trey-lance
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10062464-nfl-rumors-brock-purdy-expected-to-be-49ers-starting-qb-in-2023-over-trey-lance

Not surprised. Interesting time for this to come out.

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

BCB is gonna do it, he's going to Disneyland in Feb as SB MVP, and make it fun to be a 9er fan again for the next 10 or 15 years
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If Brock throws The Catch who catches it?

Duh George

Kittle
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Not surprised. Interesting time for this to come out.

I'm with you. Not surprised. Anyone saying that someone other then Brock is the favored #1 going into next year is smoking some really good stuff. We'd all LOVE for Trey to be so awesome that he takes the reins...because he would be "Captain Amazing." That said...sorry Trey. You're #2 for a bit. For the same reason that Brock sat on the bench (no one saw a body of evidence), Trey is going to sit for a while. Anything less would be shocking.
Originally posted by Crown:

Duh George
Yep, Kitty gunna getty
Share 49ersWebzone