There are 214 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jds_49ers:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
OUR MAN FOR SURE, BAKER CLAIMED BY RAMS

Does that mean no one in the NFL wanted him but the Rams. Weren't they last on claim from winning the super bowl?

Rams had one of the highest waiver priorities, they stink.

Wouldn't be shocked if that team falls apart in the off season. Coaches are already leaving, Stafford's injury is actually pretty serious and McVay was never gonna be part of a rebuild…that's to hard for him lol

Does it go by results this year or last? I thought it went off last year. Saw somewhere that we were low on the list due to making it to the NFC championship game.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
OUR MAN FOR SURE, BAKER CLAIMED BY RAMS

Does that mean no one in the NFL wanted him but the Rams. Weren't they last on claim from winning the super bowl?

Rams had one of the highest waiver priorities, they stink.

Wouldn't be shocked if that team falls apart in the off season. Coaches are already leaving, Stafford's injury is actually pretty serious and McVay was never gonna be part of a rebuild…that's to hard for him lol

Does it go by results this year or last? I thought it went off last year. Saw somewhere that we were low on the list due to making it to the NFC championship game.

Just looked, guess it is by this years ranking.

This year. They were like 4th on the wire. Doesn't matter though cause we didn't even put a claim in anyways
Originally posted by 49ers808:

This year. They were like 4th on the wire. Doesn't matter though cause we didn't even put a claim in anyways

I just dont get it from the Rams standpoint. Your season is over. Whats the point? Unless Stafford is retiring and this is for next year.

current standings
I just dont get it from the Rams standpoint. Your season is over. Whats the point? Unless Stafford is retiring and this is for next year.

they need to fill their stadium. they have three primetime games remaining and have been begging fans to give tix to charity so the stadium isnt empty for these national games.
Originally posted by boast:

they need to fill their stadium. they have three primetime games remaining and have been begging fans to give tix to charity so the stadium isnt empty for these national games.

And Baker is going to draw the fans in LA, lmao doubtful lol
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by evil:

*Repost*

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
BRRRRRRRRRRRROCK.. PUUUUUUUUUUUURDYYYYYYY!!!

If we win a Super Bowl with Brock, can we get Paul Heyman to come out and do an introduction for him?

"THE REIGNING!! DEFENDING!! UNDISPUTED SUPER BOWL CHAMPION OF THE WOOOOORRRRRRLLLLD --- BRRRRROOOCK!!! PURDYYYY!!!!!!"

Season opener next year for sure.

Wolford sucks. They have no 1st round pick to tank for. They have a bunch of prime time games coming up so they can't afford to just mail in the rest of the season, they had to try something. Baker at least will stir up some excitement as former #1 pick. And he absolutely is a step up from Wolford who should be in the CFL right now.

They were 3rd in waiver priority.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Wolford sucks. They have no 1st round pick to tank for. They have a bunch of prime time games coming up so they can't afford to just mail in the rest of the season, they had to try something. Baker at least will stir up some excitement as former #1 pick. And he absolutely is a step up from Wolford who should be in the CFL right now.

Hope Baker enjoys running for his life for 5 weeks.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Hope Baker enjoys running for his life for 5 weeks.

It's all upside for him. If he looks halfway decent, someone will give him a look as a stopgap starter or at worst he becomes a solid backup for the Rams behind a physically deteriorating Stafford.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It's all upside for him. If he looks halfway decent, someone will give him a look as a stopgap starter or at worst he becomes a solid backup for the Rams behind a physically deteriorating Stafford.

Oh no doubt. Was for sure better than sitting on the Panthers bench doing nothing.

But man the reality of that O line gonna hit him real quick.

If baker leaves in free agency and by some miracle get a decent contract Rams get decent comp pick. If I'm not mistaken they could use some picks
Share 49ersWebzone