Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
so it begins, and the season isn't even over yet LOL

Hope it ain't Greise, John and Kyle not with that leaking through the ass.

Sounded like Kyle and John doesn't want to say it to the public from their mouth until after this season is over, so they asked other people within the organization to leak this. This happens all the time to set expectation, and see if any teams will call to make a blockbuster trade offer for Trey.

The bolded seems like the only logical reason this leak would happen.

Ya very solid logic, announce that you've given up on Trey, that's how you boost the value of players. 150 IQ logic

Two people with knowledge of the organization's plans = two people not within the organization (or the author would have said so). Sounds eerily similar to the Mac Jones b******t. That said, Brock has the sizable lead on being the starter unless he falters hard.

I think that means two people within the organization who are high enough to know the organization's plans.

Sounded like Kyle and John doesn't want to say it to the public from their mouth until after this season is over, so they asked other people within the organization to leak this. This happens all the time to set expectation, and see if any teams will call to make a blockbuster trade offer for Trey.

Ya very solid logic, announce that you've given up on Trey, that's how you boost the value of players. 150 IQ logic

Two people with knowledge of the organization's plans = two people not within the organization (or the author would have said so). Sounds eerily similar to the Mac Jones b******t. That said, Brock has the sizable lead on being the starter unless he falters hard.

I think you nailed it. Just the usual circle of idiots.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I think it's a combination of what Liberty said and meant to be a way to further motivate Trey.

it's a win/win. Either Trey takes a massive leap and plays. Or we can get a decent trade/awesome backup.

The only way I see Trey being traded is if someone gives ShanaLynch 3 first round picks and a 3rd rounder, otherwise no deal. I don't think thats going to happen.

Now if somehow it does happen, then ShanaLynch will probably draft a QB in the 3rd round.

It's not gonna take that much, and no team would do that anyways. If there would be serious trade talks, probably looking at one or two conditional 1st round picks, and maybe a 4th or a 5th round pick.

I think that means two people within the organization who are high enough to know the organization's plans.

Lol, no it doesn't. If you know the media at all whatsoever, if the call is coming from within the house, they will announce it with a bullhorn, and not mince the wording.
The only way I see Trey being traded is if someone gives ShanaLynch 3 first round picks and a 3rd rounder, otherwise no deal. I don't think thats going to happen.

Now if somehow it does happen, then ShanaLynch will probably draft a QB in the 3rd round.

Yeah, I think it's extremely unlikely. Only way I see it happening is if someone makes a ridiculous offer (like you mentioned) or Lance forces his way out by requesting a trade and becoming a distraction (unlikely).

That's not what was said. Dramatic much?

What's your theory?

I definitely think Purdy is QB1 next year outside of an injury, he's earned it that's for sure. He's gonna go into camp taking majority, if not all of the 1st team reps.

We don't need to leak anything, it's pretty evident what's happening here. The FO I'm sure will take calls for Trey, and if there's a really good offer we will trade him.

But the idea that we need to leak that Purdy is the QB next year, like other FOs can't figure this out is silly. And all that would do is diminish his trade value, it's pretty evident by now that this FO isn't stupid.

I think this organization like to leak news like this rather than coming out of Kyle and John's mouth. I think last year the team had Trey's agent leaked the news that Trey was going to be the starter. And I don't think this team is operating differently than most other sport organizations.

Lol, no it doesn't. If you know the media at all whatsoever, if the call is coming from within the house, they will announce it with a bullhorn, and not mince the wording.

I think you are reading too much here. LOL

I think you are reading too much here. LOL

It's basic media literacy 101. Meanwhile you're proffering conspiracy theories about the team leaking talking points to Trey's agent with zero evidence whatsoever. Look in the mirror when you claim others are reading too much into things.

Right, I don't think Lance has any chance in hell to catching up to Purdy this year (2023 season). He won't even be able to resume physical stuff until what May? Thats a huge disadvantage for Trey, especially since he is so far behind and not really good at anything yet consistently (just my opinion). I don't think he's a bad QB, just not a good one either yet. Don't know enough about him yet, so I can only go off of what I've seen.

i do think it's a huge advantage for the team to keep Lance though and he continues to develop in the background incase QB1 gets hurt. I also don't see us trading Lance cause we have 11 picks this year. We can trade up if we really want to. I hope he makes me eat crow and he comes out ballin! We know Purdy will spend every second this off season improving. So it should be really fun to watch
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 21, 2023 at 9:35 AM ]

Everyone knows that the 49ers plan to start Purdy tomorrow. We are all therefore a "person with knowledge of the organization's plans" and can be honestly yet deceptively be referenced as such in an article. So transparent as you point out.

To your point on the bullhorn… Lynch and Shannahan seem particularly fine calling out a player maturely and directly. Almost like they are all professionals.

Originally posted by tankle104:

Right, I don't think Lance has any chance in hell to catching up to Purdy this year (2023 season). He won't even be able to resume physical stuff until what May? Thats a huge disadvantage for Trey, especially since he is so far behind and not really good at anything yet consistently (just my opinion). I don't think he's a bad QB, just not a good one either yet. Don't know enough about him yet, so I can only go off of what I've seen.

i do think it's a huge advantage for the team to keep Lance though and he continues to develop in the background incase QB1 gets hurt. I also don't see us trading Lance cause we have 11 picks this year. We can trade up if we really want to. I hope he makes me eat crow and he comes out ballin! We know Purdy will spend every second this off season improving. So it should be really fun to watch

I don't think Trey has had a chance to prove one way or the other how good he is. His only meaningful action this year was played in a lake. The jury is still out, but it's going to be hard for him to get game action if Purdy continues playing like one of the best QBs in the league.
I don't think Trey has had a chance to prove one way or the other how good he is. His only meaningful action this year was played in a lake. The jury is still out, but it's going to be hard for him to get game action if Purdy continues playing like one of the best QBs in the league.

Right, I can only go off of what I've seen of him. I never cared for him, even before we drafted him. That's irrelevant though. He's a 49er and I hope he turns into a stud.

i was just saying how I feel about where he is and where Brock's at. Just my opinion.

we are in a great spot QB wise though. Much better than JG going down and we roll with Beathard and mullens lol
Originally posted by Midbay:

I think you nailed it. Just the usual circle of idiots.

Joan in payroll and Johnny the janitor. But you didn't hear it from me..
Remember Mike Silver and his previous "sources" from within 49ers?

He had a holier than thou guess we were taking Mac Jones

He was on the Mac Jones train then kept ripping the team when he was wrong (like Simms)

The likely source for any QB leak back then was QB coach Scangarello...and he left unceremoniously for a college job. Rumors after he left indicated he was not a fan of Trey Lance

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-the-49ers-replaced-rich-scangarello-with-brian-griese

*ya i linked a GC article...I feel dirty

Now Silver sees easy click bait by stirring the QB drama pot again

Under Lynch the 49ers do not leak big news. They did counter intel s**t with their coaching staff by never revealing their #3 preference until days before the draft
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Joan in payroll and Johnny the janitor. But you didn't hear it from me..

It would be quite funny if a few people like that had some sort of game to see who could get guys like Silver to print the dumbest story.
Share 49ersWebzone