LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 232 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
so it begins, and the season isn't even over yet LOL

Don't trust anything Michael Silver says. Not saying this isn't possible but I'll wait for a better and actually respected journalist to report this

Don't worry Matt will confirm this report shortly.

Hopefully someone in the organization remembers that we have a game tomorrow and aren't interested in rushing into the offseason.

Don't trust anything Michael Silver says. Not saying this isn't possible but I'll wait for a better and actually respected journalist to report this

He pretty much did on his pod.

This. Dude just trying to be relevant again after getting the boot from NFL Network
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Agreed

It's early and unnecessary. Going to be interesting the moment our playoff run is over nonetheless.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Hopefully someone in the organization remembers that we have a game tomorrow and aren't interested in rushing into the offseason.

There's no one claiming this is coming from the organization. I think we've seen enough Kyle and John to know that they are thinking about tomorrow.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Remember Mike Silver and his previous "sources" from within 49ers?

He had a holier than thou guess we were taking Mac Jones

He was on the Mac Jones train then kept ripping the team when he was wrong (like Simms)

The likely source for any QB leak back then was QB coach Scangarello...and he left unceremoniously for a college job. Rumors after he left indicated he was not a fan of Trey Lance

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-the-49ers-replaced-rich-scangarello-with-brian-griese

*ya i linked a GC article...I feel dirty

Now Silver sees easy click bait by stirring the QB drama pot again

Under Lynch the 49ers do not leak big news. They did counter intel s**t with their coaching staff by never revealing their #3 preference until days before the draft

Lol this guy is even more hated by his fellow writers than actual fans. I would believe a Q anon report long before anything from this hack.
Originally posted by random49er:

Agreed

It's early and unnecessary. Going to be interesting the moment our playoff run is over nonetheless.

WHAT BATTLE ??

Lance was given the starting job w/o earning it against Grappy...

The least the team can do is allow Lance to beat out B-Rock next year... if he can't then send him to HOUSTON or TENNESSEE !!
Originally posted by 9moon:

Agreed

WHAT BATTLE ??

The least the team can do is allow Lance to beat out B-Rock next year... if he can't then send him to HOUSTON or TENNESSEE !!

There will be no battle. Purdy has already delivered. He is QB1 this season and next. Kyle ain't going to sit Purdy to let Lance have another chance. Lance did not measure up in his 3 starts and a few cameo plays. He was too raw and the moments were too big for him. Unlike Lance, Purdy can play in the rain. He had his "monsoon game" last Saturday and faired well.

I would think Lance's agent will be working on a release of contract or ask for him to be traded so he can start somewhere but on another team. There is no way Lance will be starting at the 49ers again bar injury to Purdy.
Can someone tell me. Of the rookie QBs who have won their first playoff game were any of them not the starter the following year?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Agreed

No, it's not early and unnecessary. Everyone and his mother knows, Purdy has fixed himself as the Qb of the 49ers, this year and beyond.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2023 at 12:52 PM ]

Agreed

No, it's not, it's not early, everyone and his mother knows, Purdy has fixed himself as the Qb of the 49ers. This year and beyond.

Cant have tunnel vision. There are more things to handle than whether or not Purdy is the QB. This is why it will be interesting to see how everything plays out.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Agreed

No, it's not, it's not early, everyone and his mother knows, Purdy has fixed himself as the Qb of the 49ers. This year and beyond.

Cant have tunnel vision. There are more things to handle than whether or not Purdy is the QB. This is why it will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Agree, let's see how it plays out, but the dye has already been cast on Brock.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2023 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Agreed

WHAT BATTLE ??

There will be no battle. Purdy has already delivered. He is QB1 this season and next. Kyle ain't going to sit Purdy to let Lance have another chance. Lance did not measure up in his 3 starts and a few cameo plays. He was too raw and the moments were too big for him. Unlike Lance, Purdy can play in the rain. He had his "monsoon game" last Saturday and faired well.

I would think Lance's agent will be working on a release of contract or ask for him to be traded so he can start somewhere but on another team. There is no way Lance will be starting at the 49ers again bar injury to Purdy.

Lance is not going to start and he's not going anywhere. We still need a backup, and he May, just May, get a chance to show that he's actually worth something for a trade in a year or two.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Hope it ain't Greise, John and Kyle not with that leaking through the ass.

Sounded like Kyle and John doesn't want to say it to the public from their mouth until after this season is over, so they asked other people within the organization to leak this. This happens all the time to set expectation, and see if any teams will call to make a blockbuster trade offer for Trey.

The bolded seems like the only logical reason this leak would happen.

Ya very solid logic, announce that you've given up on Trey, that's how you boost the value of players. 150 IQ logic

That's not what was said. Dramatic much?

What's your theory?

I definitely think Purdy is QB1 next year outside of an injury, he's earned it that's for sure. He's gonna go into camp taking majority, if not all of the 1st team reps.

We don't need to leak anything, it's pretty evident what's happening here. The FO I'm sure will take calls for Trey, and if there's a really good offer we will trade him.

But the idea that we need to leak that Purdy is the QB next year, like other FOs can't figure this out is silly. And all that would do is diminish his trade value, it's pretty evident by now that this FO isn't stupid.

That's not a theory as to why this leaked. You're saying someone is just lying? That's possible but doubtful knowing this team's track record.

Agreed

I think it's pretty evident by now. Only way Purdy loses his job next year if he's plays very poorly in the first 4-5 game or he gets injured. There's no doubt otherwise he won't be QB1 to start the season.
Share 49ersWebzone