LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 225 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You need Trey to back up Purdy. Imagine wanting to trade him with all the injuries the 49ers have had at QB.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
You need Trey to back up Purdy. Imagine wanting to trade him with all the injuries the 49ers have had at QB.

Imagine thinking Trey is the only QB available to backup Brock
whoops wrong thread lol
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 21, 2023 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

Who do you want as a backup?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, let Trey go and continue his career. Any free agent or draft pick can backup Brock.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2023 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, let Trey go and continue his career. Any free agent or draft pick can backup Brock.

What free agent would be better with higher upside?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Clock, who cares about higher upside? We just need someone to spell Brock if he get's injured. We don't need a #5 overall pick backing up our QB.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2023 at 3:45 PM ]
Clock, who cares about higher upside? We just need someone to spell Brock if he get injured. We don't need a #5 overall pick backing up our QB.

This
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Clock, who cares about higher upside? We just need someone to spell Brock if he get injured. We don't need a #5 overall pick backing up our QB.

This

Thank you.

Ridiculous statement, why tf trade him when it's really not a need to? You see if he improves and out plays Purdy. I don't believe Purdy should be given the job unless he continues this trajectory and keeps winning deep in the playoffs. Now if he wins the SB and a huge reason why that's the starter but I'm not trading Lance and having some retread journeyman over the potential of Trey. Once a team gets desperate in a year or 2 and Purdy is still balling out sure

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Ridiculous statement, why tf trade him when it's really not a need to? You see if he improves and out plays Purdy. I don't believe Purdy should be given the job unless he continues this trajectory and keeps winning deep in the playoffs. Now if he wins the SB and a huge reason why that's the starter but I'm not trading Lance and having some retread journeyman over the potential of Trey. Once a team gets desperate in a year or 2 and Purdy is still balling out sure

Let the man go and continue his career while he's still young. Anyone can backup Brock, free agent, draft pick - anyone that has some skill.

I agree, keep Lance and let them battle it out. Maybe Lance develops and we end up with two studs....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:

I agree, keep Lance and let them battle it out. Maybe Lance develops and we end up with two studs....

Ideally Jarrett Stidham and Stetson Bennett would be my QB2 & QB3

Would be ok with Minshew, Heinecke, Mayfield

I don't like having a project that we apparently need to create a whole new offense for
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Ideally Jarrett Stidham and Stetson Bennett would be my QB2 & QB3

Would be ok with Minshew, Heinecke, Mayfield

I don't like having a project that we apparently need to create a whole new offense for

There you go, krizay. Those are excellent choices, perfect backups, not projects or scrubs.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2023 at 4:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone