LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 245 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Clock, who cares about higher upside? We just need someone to spell Brock if he get injured. We don't need a #5 overall pick backing up our QB.

This

Lol mayo
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Clock, who cares about higher upside? We just need someone to spell Brock if he get injured. We don't need a #5 overall pick backing up our QB.

This

Lol mayo

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
You need Trey to back up Purdy. Imagine wanting to trade him with all the injuries the 49ers have had at QB.

Imagine thinking Trey is the only QB available to backup Brock

Yeah, let Trey go and continue his career. Any free agent or draft pick can backup Brock.

What free agent would be better with higher upside?

Ridiculous statement, why tf trade him when it's really not a need to? You see if he improves and out plays Purdy. I don't believe Purdy should be given the job unless he continues this trajectory and keeps winning deep in the playoffs. Now if he wins the SB and a huge reason why that's the starter but I'm not trading Lance and having some retread journeyman over the potential of Trey. Once a team gets desperate in a year or 2 and Purdy is still balling out sure

I agree, keep Lance and let them battle it out. Maybe Lance develops and we end up with two studs....

What exactly do you think we are getting in exchange for Lance that would make it so worth trading him?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
You need Trey to back up Purdy. Imagine wanting to trade him with all the injuries the 49ers have had at QB.

Yeah, let Trey go and continue his career. Any free agent or draft pick can backup Brock.

Ridiculous statement, why tf trade him when it's really not a need to? You see if he improves and out plays Purdy. I don't believe Purdy should be given the job unless he continues this trajectory and keeps winning deep in the playoffs. Now if he wins the SB and a huge reason why that's the starter but I'm not trading Lance and having some retread journeyman over the potential of Trey. Once a team gets desperate in a year or 2 and Purdy is still balling out sure

I agree, keep Lance and let them battle it out. Maybe Lance develops and we end up with two studs....

What exactly do you think we are getting in exchange for Lance that would make it so worth trading him?

Been a change of plans, sorry it didn't work out. Cut bait and try to get a 1st and something else. If not a 2nd and another pick or two will do. Let Trey move on and continue his career. It wasn't anyone's fault, just one man named Brock Purdy happened.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2023 at 4:21 PM ]

Been a change of plans, sorry it didn't workout. Cut bait and try to get a 1st and something else. If not a 2nd and another pick or two will do. Let Trey move on and continue his career. It wasn't anyone's fault, just one man named Brock Purdy happened.

I doubt they'd trade him given how little his perceived worth will be as an oft-injured, very raw player. He's probably going to continue in the role Purdy was in, practicing against a top defense, until he gets good enough to beat out Brock, and if he can't, then you trade him to a team needing a qb for whatever you can get for him. I think he can be good, even if he never hits the Level of play we are seeing from Brock.
You let trey go somewhere else to get a true shot to becoming a number qb.Makes no sense to keep him on the roster as a backup
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Been a change of plans, sorry it didn't workout. Cut bait and try to get a 1st and something else. If not a 2nd and another pick or two will do. Let Trey move on and continue his career. It wasn't anyone's fault, just one man named Brock Purdy happened.

I doubt they'd trade him given how little his perceived worth will be as an oft-injured, very raw player. He's probably going to continue in the role Purdy was in, practicing against a top defense, until he gets good enough to beat out Brock, and if he can't, then you trade him to a team needing a qb for whatever you can get for him. I think he can be good, even if he never hits the Level of play we are seeing from Brock.

Agree, don't have to trade him right away, but if we can get something for him soon why wait?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2023 at 4:33 PM ]

We will need to pickup his 5th year option for all of that
Originally posted by jreff22:

The highest value for Lance will come this offseason and the organization knows this. If he is NOT going to be handed the starting role then keeping him as a backup to the last player picked in the draft, only decreases his value. Keeping Lance and then maybe trading him after another year or two adds no value at all.

Also let's not forget what Anthony Lynn said about this organization, they will do whatever it takes to make it and stay at the top, The league is getting better with old heads on the way out and new and upcoming teams on the rise. Uber Talented teams like the 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles will have to fight them off in the coming years. Many teams are only a player or two away to make the next jump. To help stay at the top, the 49ers will need to continue to add difference makers on the DL, in the secondary, and OL. A first round pick potentially brings more value to this team than having a raw Trey Lance on the bench being a cheerleader. If he's not playing and learning from taking his lumps in this league, he is useless to this organization. Use Lance to add a piece that improves our areas of weakness.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
The highest value for Lance will come this offseason and the organization knows this. If he is NOT going to be handed the starting role then keeping him as a backup to the last player picked in the draft, only decreases his value. Keeping Lance and then maybe trading him after another year or two adds no value at all.

Also let's not forget what Anthony Lynn said about this organization, they will do whatever it takes to make it and stay at the top, The league is getting better with old heads on the way out and new and upcoming teams on the rise. Uber Talented teams like the 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles will have to fight them off in the coming years. Many teams are only a player or two away to make the next jump. To help stay at the top, the 49ers will need to continue to add difference makers on the DL, in the secondary, and OL. A first round pick potentially brings more value to this team than having a raw Trey Lance on the bench being a cheerleader. If he's not playing and learning from taking his lumps in this league, he is useless to this organization. Use Lance to add a piece that improves our areas of weakness.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

my wife asked what BCB stood for…I told her and she said oh his poor mom has to see all those signs on game day 😂

Photo is invalid. No corndog.

these?

I can't stop laughing!!!!

My fellow Faithful, your call to action is well received. My webzone forums retirement is now over. And as we all prepare for this big game...let our games begin.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yea it is so weird for some to argue trading Trey this off-season would mean trading low, as if it can't get any lower.
Originally posted by jigsaw:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

my wife asked what BCB stood for…I told her and she said oh his poor mom has to see all those signs on game day 😂

Photo is invalid. No corndog.

these?

I can't stop laughing!!!!

My fellow Faithful, your call to action is well received. My webzone forums retirement is now over. And as we all prepare for this big game...let our games begin.

I can't help but find these... erotic.

Also, am I the only person alive that puts ketchup as well as mustard on those things?
  • be drafted dead last
  • Take team on an undefeated run culminating in a Super Bowl win
  • retire immediately afterwards
  • Refuse to elaborate

Lol, I wouldn't even be mad if this happened, would be the greatest boss move ever.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Share 49ersWebzone