LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 196 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pre-draft breakdown of Purdy from Dane Brugler.

Pretty accruate description but another one of his strengths not mention is the kid is a gunslinger aka he has swagger and he makes some very nice throws that most average QB don't make and only probowl QBs do. Definitely a better version of Jimmy G without some of the limitations like mobility and cracking under heavy pressure and making some out of whack bonehead decisions.

GO PURDY GO 9ERS SB OR BUST BABY!!!!

Again, you can't seem to make a post without ragging on JG. The topic was the draft report on Purdy.
Originally posted by bopicksix:
Kind of a blessing lance went down so early before too much tape got out there. Hopefully lynch can salvage a 4th or 5th rounder for him. That may be asking a lot tho seeing a 7th rounder already 100x better

Your speculation has no factual basis.
So I'm going through all Purdy's pre-season tape after watching this past game earlier in the week. One thing I'm noticing is a mechanical issue that won't be fixed this year - something for him to work on in the off-season to correct and something his QB coach pre-draft had talked about they were working on but hadn't quite fixed it yet.

He closes his front foot too much on throws to the left and sometimes down the middle. It's showing up in pre-season, closed off front foot(not pointing toe all the way to teh target) this is causing his throws to the left to be a little high and to the right. We saw it on the deep ball down the middle to Deebo but he's had several in pre-season. Throws to the left that were off, to the right. Something to watch if defenses want to try and make him throw to his left and if Kyle has him throwing more to his right - just something for us to watch.
Kind of a blessing lance went down so early before too much tape got out there. Hopefully lynch can salvage a 4th or 5th rounder for him. That may be asking a lot tho seeing a 7th rounder already 100x better

Obvious troll is obvious
[ Edited by eric_anthony on Dec 7, 2022 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:

Pretty accruate description but another one of his strengths not mention is the kid is a gunslinger aka he has swagger and he makes some very nice throws that most average QB don't make and only probowl QBs do. Definitely a better version of Jimmy G without some of the limitations like mobility and cracking under heavy pressure and making some out of whack bonehead decisions.

GO PURDY GO 9ERS SB OR BUST BABY!!!!

Again, you can't seem to make a post without ragging on JG. The topic was the draft report on Purdy.

Just stating the differences between him and his predecessor, didn't know that was a crime 🤣
Release the Brokken

What an idiotic post. Its a blessing Lance got hurt? That's pretty distasteful. Another troll.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
So I'm going through all Purdy's pre-season tape after watching this past game earlier in the week. One thing I'm noticing is a mechanical issue that won't be fixed this year - something for him to work on in the off-season to correct and something his QB coach pre-draft had talked about they were working on but hadn't quite fixed it yet.

He closes his front foot too much on throws to the left and sometimes down the middle. It's showing up in pre-season, closed off front foot(not pointing toe all the way to teh target) this is causing his throws to the left to be a little high and to the right. We saw it on the deep ball down the middle to Deebo but he's had several in pre-season. Throws to the left that were off, to the right. Something to watch if defenses want to try and make him throw to his left and if Kyle has him throwing more to his right - just something for us to watch.

You're such a sharp observer. A real asset to this forum riddled with BS at times.
Originally posted by rivercity:

You're such a sharp observer. A real asset to this forum riddled with BS at times.

One of a small group of members that keep me coming back to this forum and gem for sure.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by rivercity:

One of a small group of members that keep me coming back to this forum and gem for sure.

Well with a name like Big Cock Brock, Purdy probably has a balancing issue.

Does bird-dogging his targets mean staring down his receivers?

He is undersized. That is the first thing I noticed about him. With the fact that he likes to run, I sure hope he knows how to protect himself and avoids any big hits.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

He is undersized. That is the first thing I noticed about him. With the fact that he likes to run, I sure hope he knows how to protect himself and avoids any big hits.

He's small but he's pretty durable, never missed a start in college and he took some beatings behind their offensive line.
bird-dogging? I've never heard that before
Originally posted by YACBros85:

He's small but he's pretty durable, never missed a start in college and he took some beatings behind their offensive line.

Good to know. Check out this film breakdown by Kyle Posey.

[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 7, 2022 at 1:32 PM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
He´s essentially a Case Keenum clone. And he´s a rookie.
I liked what I saw against the Dolphins. The throws in the middle of the field to Kittle and Jauan Jennings were outstanding. And the one that CMC dropped in the endzone was maybe even better. But still it´s a ton of pressure on the kid.

At least the rest of the team is great and there´s not a lot of coachs better than Kyle and DeMeco.
Hopefully the team will win the two or three games necessary to go to the POs. This is gonna be stressful.
If only one of Lance or Garoppolo could have come back.
Well I guess it´s the story of this season. Nothing will be easy.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Dec 7, 2022 at 1:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone