LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 285 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdc20:
He´s essentially a Case Keenum clone. And he´s a rookie.
I liked what I saw against the Dolphins. The throws in the middle of the field to Kittle and Jauan Jennings were outstanding. And the one that CMC dropped in the endzone was maybe even better. But still it´s a ton of pressure on the kid.

At least the rest of the team is great and there´s not a lot of coachs better than Kyle and DeMeco.
Hopefully the team will win the two or three games necessary to go to the POs. This is gonna be stressful.
If only one of Lance or Garoppolo could have come back.
Well I guess it´s the story of this season. Nothing will be easy.

The more difficult it is, the more rewarding it'll be when we win it all.
It probably isn't Brock's strength, but I hope they take a deep shot here and there to keep defenses honest.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
The more difficult it is, the more rewarding it'll be when we win it all.

Of course but it won´t happen this season unfortunately quite clearly.
It was already hard enough to win at Philly with Trey or Jimmy under center but now?
I just hope they will go to the POs. And let´s see what happens then. Maybe Kyle and DeMeco can work some magic, I don´t know.
What I liked was his ability to slide away out of trouble, and make it look easy. Pretty heady stuff. Did screw up once when he should have climbed the pocket and did a turn to the rear, losing 3 yds, but only did that once. He looks a whole lot better than a 3rd string QB, but playing 47 games as a starter at Iowa St, surely has helped that a lot. For one showing…i love this kid. And he can hang in there and throw with DLs right in his face. Love that too.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
What I liked was his ability to slide away out of trouble, and make it look easy. Pretty heady stuff. Did screw up once when he should have climbed the pocket and did a turn to the rear, losing 3 yds, but only did that once. He looks a whole lot better than a 3rd string QB, but playing 47 games as a starter at Iowa St, surely has helped that a lot. For one showing…i love this kid. And he can hang in there and throw with DLs right in his face. Love that too.

Its been a while since we've had a QB that seemed able to be aware of the pocket around him AND the guys downfield simultaneously. It looked like he could feel what was happening around him and still focus on his progressions, which is uncommon for someone his age.
Best incompletion from Brock -- goal line play right before the TD pass to CMC. Purdy thread between three defenders to CMC in the endzone, on his right hip. CMC dropped.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 7, 2022 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Best incompletion from Brock -- goal line play right before the TD pass to CMC. Purdy thread between three defenders to CMC in the endzone, on his right hip. CMC dropped.
CMC was pissed at himself on that one
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

that was his 2nd best pass, 1st was the completion to kittle before halftime that set up that TD
Finally a good highlight video from the game.

[ Edited by Bloodless on Dec 7, 2022 at 3:29 PM ]

WE ROCKING WITH BROCK ALL THE WAY!!!!

SB OR BUST BABY!!!!
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 7, 2022 at 3:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Bloodless:

kyle called a great game tbh
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

kyle called a great game tbh
Kyle calls a lot of great games.. sometimes it's just not executed correctly.

Purdy didn't hold back shannys game. i'm more impressed by BCB to be honest
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 7, 2022 at 3:52 PM ]
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
WE ROCKING WITH BROCK ALL THE WAY!!!!

SB OR BUST BABY!!!!

No More Excuses for Shanny !!! wooo hooooo !!!

Excuses No Mo !!!!

GO NINERSSSS !!!!
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
What I like about Brock is his mindset and leadership.

[ Edited by KiwiM on Dec 7, 2022 at 5:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone