LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 132 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Adman311:
The problem is that we have found the guy. Jimmy Is that guy. You can't argue that when he is on the field we mostly win.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We have made the championship game and super bowl when Jimmy has been able to stay on the field for most of the season. This ain't broke. Don't know why so many fans would rather risk it all and get rid of Jimmy then enjoy the success we are having over the last few seasons.

the only one thing anyone can say against Jimmy is he hasn't stayed on the field enough. That's it. End of story.

Regular season Jimmy is great.

Playoff Jimmy that needs to make throws or close out a game…not so great.
The problem is that we have found the guy. Jimmy Is that guy. You can't argue that when he is on the field we mostly win.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We have made the championship game and super bowl when Jimmy has been able to stay on the field for most of the season. This ain't broke. Don't know why so many fans would rather risk it all and get rid of Jimmy then enjoy the success we are having over the last few seasons.

the only one thing anyone can say against Jimmy is he hasn't stayed on the field enough. That's it. End of story.

If Jimmy was that guy we would have SB #6. He has been given generational type defenses and elite playmakers on offense and yet we are still chasing #6. The reason we haven't gotten that 6th SB is because of Jimmy. But if Fans are content with just making the playoffs, winning a couple of playoff games and never winning the SB, I guess Jimmy is your guy. You either need an elite QB to win the SB or you need a good QB that plays elite in the playoffs to win the SB. Jimmy is not an elite QB and his game actually regresses in the playoffs.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Dec 7, 2022 at 7:33 PM ]
Exactly. Some folks don't remember the maddening plays that could have been in the Super Bowl and the NFCCG.

Aiyuk was wide open the whole damn game in last year's NFCCG and Jimmy never looked his way. Aiyuk was visibly dejected after a few plays and sulked back to the sidelines after a failed third down attempt.

That's true.
Originally posted by kdoggie:
Exactly. Some folks don't remember the maddening plays that could have been in the Super Bowl and the NFCCG.

Aiyuk was wide open the whole damn game in last year's NFCCG and Jimmy never looked his way. Aiyuk was visibly dejected after a few plays and sulked back to the sidelines after a failed third down attempt.

Which is why I always find it funny when people say Jimmy is our best shot at winning a SB. What has Jimmy done in the playoffs to make people think that? He has 4 TD's and 6 INT's in 6 career playoff games. He has the worst 4th quarter QBR in playoff history. I don't even think he has thrown a 4th quarter TD in any playoff game.
If Brock can be like Jimmy in terms of reading defenses before each play but be un-like Jimmy and go through his progressions but also use his legs to extend plays…we got a damn chance.

If he's got IT between the ears, and it seems like he might, then we have a damn chance.
Originally posted by kdoggie:
If Brock can be like Jimmy in terms of reading defenses before each play but be un-like Jimmy and go through his progressions but also use his legs to extend plays…we got a damn chance.

If he's got IT between the ears, and it seems like he might, then we have a damn chance.

AIN'T gonna be like Grappy, he's got more MOXIENESS than Grappy... his energy reminds me of a young TB12 !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
AIN'T gonna be like Grappy, he's got more MOXIENESS than Grappy... his energy reminds me of a young TB12 !!!

Just need BCB to not be a hero. Take it one play at a time. Trust your teammates will be where they need to be and sling it when needed.

There's a damn good reason Shanny threw it 37 times instead of forcing the run game. He knows what this guy can do.
[ Edited by kdoggie on Dec 7, 2022 at 8:14 PM ]
Oh look, another Jimmy thread....
The topic of this thread is Brock Purdy. We have two other threads to talk about Jimmy Garoppolo. Please restrict your comments here to Purdy.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I've liked him since we drafted him, but man. From Nate Davis to Alex Smith to Kaepernick to CJ Beathard to Jimmy G to Nick Mullens… and Trey Lance off to a rough start… we've just been tricked so so so many times as a fanbase into thinking we've finally found the guy…

Nobody was tricked by Nate Davis.

LOL @ "that's it. End of story."

Ummm it's a pretty freakin important thing to just dismiss as a small reason. It blows my mind that people seem to be ok with any QB1 playing roughly 60% of the teams games in 5+ seasons. I don't care if the QBs name is Jimmy Garoppolo, Peyton Manning or Mark Sanchez. That is a HUGE problem that Jimmy superfans seem to just gloss over as irrelevant.

Jimmy's availability alone should make 100% of Niner fans want to move off him, yet here we are. It is absolute insanity.
I'm not sold but he literally completed a pass to everyone. Even juice. I had been wanting to see a game where JG used all his weapons
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I've liked him since we drafted him, but man. From Nate Davis to Alex Smith to Kaepernick to CJ Beathard to Jimmy G to Nick Mullens… and Trey Lance off to a rough start… we've just been tricked so so so many times as a fanbase into thinking we've finally found the guy…

Nobody was tricked by Nate Davis.
I don't think anyone was tricked by Beathard or Mullens either. Smith and Kap yes, because they were supposed to be the franchise and that never quite transpired for either.

Point being is we need to pump the brakes on Purdy. There certainly is reason to be excited about him but let's not anoint him as the next big thing just yet. There is some tape out there on him now and teams are game planning for him now so he might just be brought back down to Earth. I'm cautiously optimistic that we may have found a long term back up to Lance. Anything more then that is just icing on the cake imo.
Share 49ersWebzone