LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 317 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
His c--k is the next big thing. I am optimistic about BCB playing Tampa. I would love another tantrum from Brady..just retire already, feels like Favre part the second. Old, divorced, deflated balls. Go away.
Originally posted by Montana:
His c--k is the next big thing. I am optimistic about BCB playing Tampa. I would love another tantrum from Brady..just retire already, feels like Favre part the second. Old, divorced, deflated balls. Go away.

with a bit more superbowl rings on his hand tho lol! gotta respect the GOAT. Montana isnt that far behind tho!
do you actually believe brock purdy has a chance against the eagles D? the 49ers have no chance now! and neither do the queens! go birds.
Originally posted by ritz126:
he did have a bit trouble reading the field which is usual case with rookies but has a great release no problem reading blitzes and beating them etc which are all huge pluses. I expect a few more rollouts next week so he only has to read half the field

A huge huge plus is we didnt see any deer in the headlights and after throwing an int ( i mean punt) he didnt fold

Yeah, I noticed that after the int. Just stayed composed, focused. No brain scramble. Very much a plus, impressive. LFG
Originally posted by MikeVickMVPEAGLES:
Originally posted by Montana:

with a bit more superbowl rings on his hand tho lol! gotta respect the GOAT. Montana isnt that far behind tho!

Brady is the goat who doesn't feel like the goat. Don't ask me why cause idk why it feels that way. Doesn't feel goatish
do you actually believe brock purdy has a chance against the eagles D? the 49ers have no chance now! and neither do the queens! go birds.
Did you actually believe Jalen Hurts had any chance in developing into the QB that he is now?No chance in hell. For all you and the rest of the world know, Purdy could be the second coming of Brady. Or he could just be another 1 game wonder. Needless to say, we will find out soon enough.
Big C@ck Brock just feels more girthy than Big D!ck Nick
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 7, 2022 at 10:09 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Big C@ck Brock just feels more girthy than Big D!ck Nick

It's all about the weight & the girth
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I've liked him since we drafted him, but man. From Nate Davis to Alex Smith to Kaepernick to CJ Beathard to Jimmy G to Nick Mullens… and Trey Lance off to a rough start… we've just been tricked so so so many times as a fanbase into thinking we've finally found the guy…

Nobody was tricked by Nate Davis.
I don't think anyone was tricked by Beathard or Mullens either. Smith and Kap yes, because they were supposed to be the franchise and that never quite transpired for either.

Point being is we need to pump the brakes on Purdy. There certainly is reason to be excited about him but let's not anoint him as the next big thing just yet. There is some tape out there on him now and teams are game planning for him now so he might just be brought back down to Earth. I'm cautiously optimistic that we may have found a long term back up to Lance. Anything more then that is just icing on the cake imo.

Honestly, I rember people being tricked by Davis and Mullens. If you go further back I recall some pumping up Cody Pickett and Tim Rattay as well. 😂😂😂
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I've liked him since we drafted him, but man. From Nate Davis to Alex Smith to Kaepernick to CJ Beathard to Jimmy G to Nick Mullens… and Trey Lance off to a rough start… we've just been tricked so so so many times as a fanbase into thinking we've finally found the guy…

Nobody was tricked by Nate Davis.
I don't think anyone was tricked by Beathard or Mullens either. Smith and Kap yes, because they were supposed to be the franchise and that never quite transpired for either.

Point being is we need to pump the brakes on Purdy. There certainly is reason to be excited about him but let's not anoint him as the next big thing just yet. There is some tape out there on him now and teams are game planning for him now so he might just be brought back down to Earth. I'm cautiously optimistic that we may have found a long term back up to Lance. Anything more then that is just icing on the cake imo.

Agree on Beathard and Mullens, but at least they started games and played at least one snap in their careers outside of pre-season, LOL.

All I can say for sure after 1 game is he's definitely the most promising 3rd string Niners QB since Steve Bono.
Did you actually believe Jalen Hurts had any chance in developing into the QB that he is now?No chance in hell. For all you and the rest of the world know, Purdy could be the second coming of Brady. Or he could just be another 1 game wonder. Needless to say, we will find out soon enough.

I'm excited to find out if he can play well against a defense that schemed to stop him. Tampa game is huge for him and the confidence of everyone who root for the Niners.

Damn! Do you feel that threatened and insecure about your team?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
I'm all about hyping up the kid for a confidence boost, but don't you guys think the team is taking it a little too far ?

first it was Warner saying he fully trusts him bc he plays the best defense for 13 weeks, now you have guys like Trent making leadership comparisons to Peyton Manning, etc. Others talking his swag.

I'd prefer the guy just cruised under the radar instead of getting propped up like he's the next Neo. Just saying…
Originally posted by DrEll:
I'm all about hyping up the kid for a confidence boost, but don't you guys think the team is taking it a little too far ?

first it was Warner saying he fully trusts him bc he plays the best defense for 13 weeks, now you have guys like Trent making leadership comparisons to Peyton Manning, etc. Others talking his swag.

I'd prefer the guy just cruised under the radar instead of getting propped up like he's the next Neo. Just saying…

I mean, you had plenty of guys doing the same sort of stuff with Jimmy. I don't care one way or the other. I care about how the players perform on the field. And, if Brock can't handle the bright lights, I would rather, as a player, and a coach, find out sooner rather than later.

Can't wait for Sunday. Though I actually think his play in two to three weeks will be far more telling.
Share 49ersWebzone