LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 415 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
One other thing that almost all evaluations had for him, including Greg Cossel is that he can be really hot or really off. When he starts feeling it and gets in a timing grovve he can really light it up.
Originally posted by Niners99:

If that's all true then I feel alot better about the situation now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
One big thing I'm curious to see is if Brock is more willing to look deep than Jimmy. It's something Trey did in his small sample size, and I'd love to see Brock hit some open shots if he has the opportunity.

Oh I think he absolutely will look deep more than Jimmy. Can he complete it will be the real question. His deep ball accuracy leaves a bit to be desired.

LOL. Let us know when we actually get a receiver who can catch a deep ball, first.

Well, can we at least try the wide open ones? lol.

Purdy's velocity looks right on par with Mac Jones' -- so it's enough -- but obviously he was well documented as not the most accurate on the deep passes. At least he has more mobility.

Haha. With Purdy? Yes. Absolutely. Just noting this is more of an issue with the type of receivers we have and the ones we use for those deep shots so my expectations are low for whomever the QB is.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
One other thing that almost all evaluations had for him, including Greg Cossel is that he can be really hot or really off. When he starts feeling it and gets in a timing grovve he can really light it up.

And we've only seen one aspect of that evaluation.

We should expect poor play (where he goes cold), but also entertain the possibility he goes on a heater…

Ultimately, we win this game with Defense and field position. 15-13 Niners.

We know Tom Brady wants this game. But so do our guys. This is their shot to beat Tom Brady!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Purdy was one of the highest rated HS QBs in the nation if I remember right.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
One big thing I'm curious to see is if Brock is more willing to look deep than Jimmy. It's something Trey did in his small sample size, and I'd love to see Brock hit some open shots if he has the opportunity.

Oh I think he absolutely will look deep more than Jimmy. Can he complete it will be the real question. His deep ball accuracy leaves a bit to be desired.

LOL. Let us know when we actually get a receiver who can catch a deep ball, first.

We have five that can do so.

Sure, if you like drops. That's half the equation.
Have we hit the Purdy > Jimmy > Trey level of the WZ yet?

Considering that for half the forum we're still at the Jimmy > Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy = Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen stage, we probably won't get there.

Oh wow. I haven't seen that but that wouldn't surprise me one bit in any QB thread on the WZ.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

We should expect poor play (where he goes cold), but also entertain the possibility he goes on a heater…

We know Tom Brady wants this game. But so do our guys. This is their shot to beat Tom Brady!

Don't look past to Seattle. This game matters more than Miami.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Purdy was one of the highest rated HS QBs in the nation if I remember right.

He was the best QB in Arizona but wasn't a top prospect. Rivals didn't have him in the top 30 IIRC.

Bama did want him though.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Don't look past to Seattle. This game matters more than Miami.

These two games and the finale vs ARI are the most meaningful. The tie for WAS means tie beakers won't mean much.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

He knew he would not have a chance at Alabama... wise decision IMO.

didnt he also get benched during his bowl game vs Iowa?

sorry, not a bowl game

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282754
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 8, 2022 at 11:55 AM ]
Have we hit the Purdy > Jimmy > Trey level of the WZ yet?

Considering that for half the forum we're still at the Jimmy > Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy = Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen stage, we probably won't get there.

Oh wow. I haven't seen that but that wouldn't surprise me one bit in any QB thread on the WZ.

Okay it's more like two posters.
Purdy seems to give no s**ts about throwing into coverage, WRs better be ready to fight for those 50/50 balls and probably 25/75 too
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Finally a good highlight video from the game.

kyle called a great game tbh
Kyle calls a lot of great games.. sometimes it's just not executed correctly.

Purdy didn't hold back shannys game. i'm more impressed by BCB to be honest

I was thinking kyle would go into conservative mode but no, 37 attempts for his rookie qb. kudos to kyle
Share 49ersWebzone