LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 180 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Win the division, then I'll start to believe. Until then, hate to say this but all I see is Nick Mullens fools gold all over again.

Winning the next two games takes care of that. Locks up the #3 seed to boot.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 8, 2022 at 2:57 PM ]
Win the division, then I'll start to believe. Until then, hate to say this but all I see is Nick Mullens fools gold all over again.

why does he have to be either mullens or mahomes? why cant he just be brock purdy? he needs to do what jimmy did, and tbh he doesn't even need to do a great job at it.
This thing is, the NFL scouts and coaches clearly don't see Purdy to have the potential to grow into a FQB, whatever that reason is (arm strength, height, mobility, accurate, etc, probably combination of these)

Doesn't mean the scouts and coaches can't be wrong. But I think over the last decade or so, scouts and coaches have gotten better in evaluating QBs. There are less and less QB who weren't drafted in the first round grow into a FQB.

Not sure how many QBs who weren't drafted in the top 4 rounds in the last decade become a franchise QB. I can't even name one off of my head.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
This thing is, the NFL scouts and coaches clearly don't see Purdy to have the potential to grow into a FQB, whatever that reason is (arm strength, height, mobility, accurate, etc, probably combination of these)

Doesn't mean the scouts and coaches can't be wrong. But I think over the last decade or so, scouts and coaches have gotten better in evaluating QBs. There are less and less QB who weren't drafted in the first round grow into a FQB.

Not sure how many QBs who weren't drafted in the top 4 rounds in the last decade become a franchise QB. I can't even name one off of my head.

Kurt Warner and Tony Romo we're undrafted. And Fitzpatrick was a late rounder. But it's pretty rare.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Kurt Warner and Tony Romo we're undrafted. And Fitzpatrick was a late rounder. But it's pretty rare.

LIKE Sherman said a couple of days ago..... once the players put on the pads, forget what round they were drafted.

I for one thought CODY PICKETT had a chance had stupid NOLAN given him a chance the way Akilex Smith got.. but since we had to baby Akiles, Cody never got those chances..
[ Edited by 9moon on Dec 8, 2022 at 3:28 PM ]
Lol saw a comment somewhere:

Garoppolo might be Purdy, but Brock has big Jimmy.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I said it when he was drafted, our next ring will come with Purdy at QB.

The kid has had to work for it, look where he was drafted.

I just think guys like Purdy & Brady have to work harder for something that is just handed to other guys.

Brock knows he's always one mistake away from getting benched.
I was thinking kyle would go into conservative mode but no, 37 attempts for his rookie qb. kudos to kyle

That cannot be overstated, IMO.
Originally posted by dj43:
I was thinking kyle would go into conservative mode but no, 37 attempts for his rookie qb. kudos to kyle

That cannot be overstated, IMO.
That means he'll throw less than 20 in this game.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Todd Bowles is gonna challenge him this week and the OL.

I know TB is 3-4, but they blitz quite a bit.

Originally posted by FL9er:
Todd Bowles is gonna challenge him this week and the OL.

I know TB is 3-4, but they blitz quite a bit.
Bowles is a great D coordinator and it will be a challenge.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

why does he have to be either mullens or mahomes? why cant he just be brock purdy? he needs to do what jimmy did, and tbh he doesn't even need to do a great job at it.

Not saying he needs be Mullens or Mahomes or Brady or Drew Brees. I'm just hoping the situations aren't the same.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by krizay:

Im fine with this if it doesn't come with the turnovers. Mullens biggest issue IMO

One thing Purdy does have is a team that has a strong supporting cast. Mullens had Garcon and Goodwin as his receivers and I wanna say Brieda as his RB. That's crap compared to what Purdy has now.

Not saying he needs be Mullens or Mahomes or Brady or Drew Brees. I'm just hoping the situations aren't the same.

mullens threw back breaking pick sixes and other bonehead turnovers. i get purdy is only 22, but i'd hope he's a bit smarter in taking care of the football. he doesn't have to be superman to win games on this team.
All of what's coming out of the locker room, then becomes hype on the open market, is based on 1 thing, players are happy that a rookie QB didn't come out and go 6 for 22 with 2 picks and a fumble.
The minute Jimmy's on the cart, every player is distraught.
The minute Brock gets the drive ending in a TD before half, every player's dream is salvaged.
Run with it.
Hype away.
Support the kid that's gonna support you.
Share 49ersWebzone