LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 215 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Two things I've said I like about Purdy from Sunday's game...

Situational Awareness (calling that one timeout....then when he was about to get sacked, he didn't try to escape or throw it.. he turtled up like Brady, to keep the clock ticking on the last drive)

And Self Preservationn

Now the thing is, can he keep that mindset after being hit hard a few more times (showed it Sunday) as well as maybe after a turnover or two. I believe in ya kid.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 8, 2022 at 10:00 PM ]
I saw a lot of grit and determination from Brody. He certainly has the minerals.

remains to be seen if he can read a defense or handle a blitz but I was impressed with what I saw against Miami….. What a story!
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
I saw a lot of grit and determination from Brody. He certainly has the minerals.

remains to be seen if he can read a defense or handle a blitz but I was impressed with what I saw against Miami….. What a story!
Yeah not sure about Brody

but Brock read defenses and was blitzed nearly every play vs Miami
During telecast it seemed Miami was throwing a bunch of zero blitzes at home, but they weren't. It was a lot of bluffing and some exotic type blitzes.

Teams will get more footage on him but maybe he gets better too
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Brock*

thank you for the correction!
Did Brock do any zone read in college?

He actually did both. He handled the blitz well and read the defense well. He was late on a couple throws and inaccurate on a few others. Hopefully the game slows down for him a bit more and he can tighten up his footwork over the next few weeks.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 9, 2022 at 3:02 AM ]
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Did Brock do any zone read in college?

Quite a bit, that Iowa State offense also had a lot of RPO's in it.

This is actually a really good breakdown of what their offense looked like.

https://www.cover1.net/2021-nfl-draft-brock-purdy-iowa-state-qb/
I mean if he balls out this week, might have to pick this up

It's time for a Brock Party this weekend!

The raiders losing in embarrassing fashion and essentially going into tank mode was a great turn of events.

We just need wins at this point whoever we can get them. Sunday and Thursday might be our two biggest games remaining, and the two with the least scouting on Purdy.

Yeah, Brock handled the blitz very well. Exceptionally well for his situation.

unless you're referring to more exotic blitzes? Which I'm sure he will see during the Bucs game. That is a good defense and they're going to do their best to rattle Brock
Just keep playing purdy and everything will take care of itself.
Good read: Purdy-Niners
https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/12/09/how-brock-purdy-was-built-from-undraftable-to-49ers-starter-daily-cover
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Good read: Purdy-Niners
https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/12/09/how-brock-purdy-was-built-from-undraftable-to-49ers-starter-daily-cover

Good read. Thanks for sharing.
Share 49ersWebzone