LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 156 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
So it was griese and a scout who was high on purdy. Didn't sound like Shanahan was involved according to lynch.

Kid will win 6 superbowls.

Shanny only good at picking WR's. LOL
I forgot that Adam Snyder is coaching out here.

The run-in with the cactus gave Purdy trouble gripping the ball, and the Perry High coaching staff worried the team was going to begin the promising new season like it did the last one: with its star quarterback on the bench.

"I mean, he's the offense," said Adam Snyder, the longtime 49ers offensive lineman who now coaches the offensive line for the high school. "And we had just taken a run in the state playoffs. And to have a cactus injury — it's not really one of the things you think are going to happen. But we do live in the desert."

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by SoCold:
I wanna Brock n roll all night and Purdy every day!

This is genius.

I agree. Where did he steal it from?

The band Kiss.

Oh I see now thank you.

jk it was on a Bay Area radio show this morning. Lance is a thief!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I forgot that Adam Snyder is coaching out here.

The run-in with the cactus gave Purdy trouble gripping the ball, and the Perry High coaching staff worried the team was going to begin the promising new season like it did the last one: with its star quarterback on the bench.

"I mean, he's the offense," said Adam Snyder, the longtime 49ers offensive lineman who now coaches the offensive line for the high school. "And we had just taken a run in the state playoffs. And to have a cactus injury — it's not really one of the things you think are going to happen. But we do live in the desert."

Larger than Jim Backus, it's the cactus.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
So it was griese and a scout who was high on purdy. Didn't sound like Shanahan was involved according to lynch.

Kid will win 6 superbowls.

Shanny only good at picking WR's. LOL

Yeah, outside of WR this team is weak.
Excited for this kid. Love his moxy.

Remember, Jimmy looked really good coming off the bench against Seattle. His second game was a rough one.

So give this kid a chance but maybe it's best not to be expecting the same kind of results.
Originally posted by thl408:
This stuff is so cool.

dj43, RonMexico, English, Phoenix49ers, Overkill

?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Good read: Purdy-Niners
https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/12/09/how-brock-purdy-was-built-from-undraftable-to-49ers-starter-daily-cover

Thanks for sharing

Wow, what a FANTASTIC article. That's one I would've thought you had to pay for it's so good. Now I have to try even harder not to get too hyped up.
Double WOW! This is mind bending stuff, but really is just science being explored, utilized to make something really good…become GREAT. Thanks for article..
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by thl408:
This stuff is so cool.

dj43, RonMexico, English, Phoenix49ers, Overkill

?

Did Chip Kelly train these dudes?
https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/12/09/how-brock-purdy-was-built-from-undraftable-to-49ers-starter-daily-cover

Great stuff.

It shows the value of being willing to think outside the box in player development. I have always been huge on positional player development. These guys have taken that to a new level. Kudos to Connor Orr for digging this out.

Russell Wilson did this to us for a decade. I need to see Purdy do it once to another team--preferably the Seahawks.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Russell Wilson did this to us for a decade. I need to see Purdy do it once to another team--preferably the Seahawks.

We already know our receivers can get that open.

Crazy they added 5 MPH to his passes in just over a month.

I watched some of his college tape and his arm was an issue, but there was one pass this past Sunday…I think it was to Deebo in the end zone from like 20+ out (good throw looked like PI). That pass had some stank on it. I can't find the clip but overall it did show there's some zip there.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Would be soooo sweet. Brock (according to mockdraftable) was actually bigger than Wilson coming into the draft lol.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Finally got a Purdy review out

Truly on your game here, JD. Thanks for the tutorial, once again. After seeing this a 3rd time, not sure if it's the speed up of film or is it really Brock getting that ball out just like Jimmy, fast and smokin' hot. Film is speeded up a tad, but still, man does Brock ever get that ball out quick. Throwing motion seems to follow JG pretty closely, looks like overhand bullet…and quick. thx for another job well done.
Share 49ersWebzone