Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 215 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
So it was griese and a scout who was high on purdy. Didn't sound like Shanahan was involved according to lynch.

Kid will win 6 superbowls.

Man you're unreal. Imagine thinking our HC who runs the offense isn't part of the equation on QBs brought in here and who does and doesn't make the team.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 9, 2022 at 12:56 PM ]
This is more of a kyle philosophy then anything

What is everyone going to do with this section of the Webzone IF our rookie QB comes out on Sunday and absolutely STINKS UP THE JOINT. I mean, he looks just plain AWFUL. I mean he delivers a performance so terrible, that Garoppolo's performance against Denver looks absolutely mind-bending superb in comparison?

Every fan on the Webzone is treating Mr. Irrelevant as the second coming of Joe Montana after ONE GAME. You are setting yourselves up for jolt of rookie reality.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Finally got a Purdy review out

Truly on your game here, JD. Thanks for the tutorial, once again. After seeing this a 3rd time, not sure if it's the speed up of film or is it really Brock getting that ball out just like Jimmy, fast and smokin' hot. Film is speeded up a tad, but still, man does Brock ever get that ball out quick. Throwing motion seems to follow JG pretty closely, looks like overhand bullet…and quick. thx for another job well done.

Film is 100% real time speed. It's an NFL download copy that's 60 frames per second but the editor is set to auto adjust to 60 frames per second.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
So it was griese and a scout who was high on purdy. Didn't sound like Shanahan was involved according to lynch.

Kid will win 6 superbowls.

Man you're unreal. Imagine thinking our HC who runs the offense isn't part of the equation on QBs brought in here and who does and doesn't make the team.

Im fairly certain him and lunch only know like the top 200 or so players. Then in the later rounds they basically just let the scouts pick.

You can't expect them to know every player in the draft.

I also think this is why a lot of our late round picks are better than our early picks.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
What is everyone going to do with this section of the Webzone IF our rookie QB comes out on Sunday and absolutely STINKS UP THE JOINT. I mean, he looks just plain AWFUL. I mean he delivers a performance so terrible, that Garoppolo's performance against Denver looks absolutely mind-bending superb in comparison?

Every fan on the Webzone is treating Mr. Irrelevant as the second coming of Joe Montana after ONE GAME. You are setting yourselves up for jolt of rookie reality.
Then everyone gets grounded.. no biggie as it's more expected from a 7th rounder than a 1st rounder

but you can't just deny what BCB has shown.. he didn't just come in for a Qtr or the game plan was just run it like the Packers playoff game.. he truly contributed heavily in this team win
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 9, 2022 at 1:35 PM ]

Nah, just rightfully pleased that Brock might just be a reasonable facsimile of the second coming of Jimmy G.
Dude is going to be fine aligning with our expectations I think.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:

Nah, just rightfully pleased that Brock might just be a reasonable facsimile of the second coming of Jimmy G.

He at least moves better than post injury Jimmy.

But keep in mind Jimmy's first 7 games he tore it up. And that bought him like 3 years of choking before even questioning to try to replace him.

So I wonder if purdy seems fairly good how they treat the lance situation going forward.

It makes things very interesting to watch even if our Superbowl hopes took a big hit with Trey and Jimmy's injuries.

At least after seeing one start we see the moment wasn't too big for Brock and our seasons not immediately over.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

But keep in mind Jimmy's first 7 games he tore it up. And that bought him like 3 years of choking before even questioning to try to replace him.

So I wonder if purdy seems fairly good how they treat the lance situation going forward.

It makes things very interesting to watch even if our Superbowl hopes took a big hit with Trey and Jimmy's injuries.

At least after seeing one start we see the moment wasn't too big for Brock and our seasons not immediately over.

Don't get me wrong. I have high hopes just like everyone else. 49er games are must see TV on gameday.

Just color me concerned. This is a kid. He's a rookie. Last pick in the draft. No NFL scout pegged this guy as a legit starter. He was seen as training camp fodder or a possible backup. But nothing more than that.

When he came in last week and took over for an injured QB he surprised everyone. Including me. But, that was last week. Let's see him do it again. I hesitate to turn this kid into a star before he has started the first game of his NFL career.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

While I am optimistic and hopeful, you're 100% right I'm extremely worried about the amount of National press he got this week.

this entire thing feels like Icarus to me.

However I think he wins this Sunday.

• thl408

Who called him the second coming of Joe Montana? Show me so I can laugh at it.
Oh man, in one page, Kyle handpicked the next Russell Wilson. Here we go...

LOL
Im fairly certain him and lunch only know like the top 200 or so players. Then in the later rounds they basically just let the scouts pick.

You can't expect them to know every player in the draft.

I also think this is why a lot of our late round picks are better than our early picks.

I expect our OC/HC to have some understanding of any QB that is brought in here. Anyone thinking otherwise is really pushing narratives

Don't get me wrong. I have high hopes just like everyone else. 49er games are must see TV on gameday.

Just color me concerned. This is a kid. He's a rookie. Last pick in the draft. No NFL scout pegged this guy as a legit starter. He was seen as training camp fodder or a possible backup. But nothing more than that.

When he came in last week and took over for an injured QB he surprised everyone. Including me. But, that was last week. Let's see him do it again. I hesitate to turn this kid into a star before he has started the first game of his NFL career.

He will experience adversity and have some stinkers, maybe this Sunday, maybe the NFCCG :-), but I think we stick with him unless he strings together a few stinkers.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Oh man, in one page, Kyle handpicked the next Russell Wilson. Here we go...

LOL

Yeah I mean whatever with Brock, maybe he turns into something maybe he doesn't. Pretending our OC/HC doesn't play any part of any QB coming in here is f**king dumb. We got the same posters that refuse to give Kyle credit for anything positive playing the same BS takes….it's part of the reason I'm spending less and less time in here, honestly.
Share 49ersWebzone