LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 147 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by tankle104:
This weekend will go down in history. This is the weekend that Tom Brady loses and passes the baton to the "next Tom Brady (who was the next Joe Montana)" - AKA Brock "too much cock" Purdy!

yes - I'm just dreaming. Haha it would be super cool though!

Let's pump the brakes on this stuff. It adds nothing to the conversation.

lol what you guys choose to moderate and what not to moderate cracks me up.

This lol
If Brock wins tomorrow watch the casual sports media latch onto this Hallmark Special in the making.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Man, never seen so much hype for a back up QB. I'm excited but tempering my expectations.
If he looked like a typical backup QB coming in mid-game, everyone here would be doom and gloom. The lack of drop-off in the offense when he came in surprised everyone. Miami isn't some trash team. Typically, backup rookie QBs fold in this situation. They threw zero blitzes at him, tried to confuse him, etc and he didn't blink.

Now D coordinators have a gameplan around him, so let's see how he does. But the hype surrounding him isn't pure homerism. He's already starting to do the impossible.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Man, never seen so much hype for a back up QB. I'm excited but tempering my expectations.
If he looked like a typical backup QB coming in mid-game, everyone here would be doom and gloom. The lack of drop-off in the offense when he came in surprised everyone. Miami isn't some trash team. Typically, backup rookie QBs fold in this situation. They threw zero blitzes at him, tried to confuse him, etc and he didn't blink.

Now D coordinators have a gameplan around him, so let's see how he does. But the hype surrounding him isn't pure homerism. He's already starting to do the impossible.

People are going crazy over 5 highlight throws on espn (granted they were excellent throws)

also had some horrific over/under throws and was late on some completions that could have been bigger gains if delivered on time.

I thought he was excellent off the bench - but we will see - I am optimistic and skeptical at the same time.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by SoCold:
I wanna Brock n roll all night and Purdy every day!

This is genius.

agreed

Should prob get some shirts made or something

Genius - I love it
Originally posted by Crown:

People are going crazy over 5 highlight throws on espn (granted they were excellent throws)

also had some horrific over/under throws and was late on some completions that could have been bigger gains if delivered on time.

I thought he was excellent off the bench - but we will see - I am optimistic and skeptical at the same time.
That's the reasonable approach.

As everyone should be. Even if he's great the rest of the way it is still a minuscule sample.

Just don't lose the team the games Brock.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Hey buddy
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
As everyone should be. Even if he's great the rest of the way it is still a minuscule sample.

Just don't lose the team the games Brock.

Yes

Originally posted by BMoore56:
This weekend will go down in history. This is the weekend that Tom Brady loses and passes the baton to the "next Tom Brady (who was the next Joe Montana)" - AKA Brock "too much cock" Purdy!

This lol

Seriously! Lol let the guy have his positivity.

Mods should police trolling and conflicts…not censor a guy whose overly optimistic on a football message board.
this isn't a class discussion board in college it's a bunch of guys enjoying football. Let him enjoy it.
[ Edited by 9er_84 on Dec 10, 2022 at 11:00 AM ]
I'm excited just like most of us but it's easy to temper my predictions a bit just knowing that BCB fits in nicely with our mediocre QB bench. With that being said. It won't surprise me at all when he leads 49ers past the Bucs.
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by BMoore56:

This lol

Seriously! Lol let the guy have his positivity.

Mods should police trolling and conflicts…not censor a guy whose overly optimistic on a football message board.
this isn't a class discussion board in college it's a bunch of guys enjoying football. Let him enjoy it.

To be clear, the comment was specifically about the bolded portion of tankle's comment regarding Purdy's package. While that type of comment is allowed in certain Parking Lot conversations, it is not appropriate in NT where the audience is much wider.
we'll see if Brock can manage the game well, do not need anything else. Love his experience though, he's won and lost a lot. That's why I liked Kenny Pickett coming out; he started like 52 games. There's not much Purdy hasn't already seen of football, it's just adjusting to the speed
My expectations are very low

im just hoping he doesn't do anything to lose games from here on
Share 49ersWebzone