LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 185 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"He just has to not try to overthink things,'" Joe Montana told USA Today. "Just go in and you don't have to make plays. You've got guys on the outside that can make plays. So just relax."

Good advice 👍
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by tankle104:
This weekend will go down in history. This is the weekend that Tom Brady loses and passes the baton to the "next Tom Brady (who was the next Joe Montana)" - AKA Brock "too much cock" Purdy!

yes - I'm just dreaming. Haha it would be super cool though!

Let's pump the brakes on this stuff. It adds nothing to the conversation.

lol what you guys choose to moderate and what not to moderate cracks me up.

This lol

Seriously! Lol let the guy have his positivity.

Mods should police trolling and conflicts…not censor a guy whose overly optimistic on a football message board.
this isn't a class discussion board in college it's a bunch of guys enjoying football. Let him enjoy it.

To be clear, the comment was specifically about the bolded portion of tankle's comment regarding Purdy's package. While that type of comment is allowed in certain Parking Lot conversations, it is not appropriate in NT where the audience is much wider.

Yes, so many teenagers use forums now. At least half the users here are all preteens and teens. Lol

I feel so popular 😍
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Man, it just gets harder for Brock…playing only his 2nd game, and against Brady…and now with the slop and rain. That is really asking a lot of the guy. Sure everybody has to get used to and play in the slop, but i like our chances against brady and Bucs a lot better on a regular dry field. Just a lot of extra that the kid doesn't need.

But it'll be the same for Brady, slop and rain, plus all receivers will be slipping and sliding all over the place. Brady has has plenty of practice in the sloop over 20+ Yrs and Brock hasn't. Welp, just makes it that much harder for Brock to pull out a win. Hopefully, tho, we can run on them but Bowles is gonna be ready for that.

Generally in slop and wet field, advantage goes to O receivers who KNOW where they are going, and D doesn't. On wet field, that makes advantage O, but it will apply to both Os. Man i would love for our D to just bury old Tom under one sack after another,

Where do you see there will be rain and "slop"?
Originally posted by Montana:
"He just has to not try to overthink things,'" Joe Montana told USA Today. "Just go in and you don't have to make plays. You've got guys on the outside that can make plays. So just relax."

Good advice 👍

Yep. Just like point guard, distribute the ball to the playmakers. Don't try to do too much. And they should be able to get that dub.
I'm going to have to break out my old Rattay jersey and Beadazzle it

Instead of Rattay, I might be able to squeeze out PURDAY
Come out balling Brock - Keep the dream alive boy!!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
GONNA ROCK OUT WITH OUR BROCK OUT!!!!!
Make that 2 dollar lotto ticket bleed gold baby LOL LFG

Unleash the beast within the Brock
Brady has the fastest TTT in the league at 2.44s (NextGen). Lots of passes to the RB/TE quickly. That renders the pass rush almost moot. #Bosa
Originally posted by NCommand:
Brady has the fastest TTT in the league at 2.44s (NextGen). Lots of passes to the RB/TE quickly. That renders the pass rush almost moot. #Bosa

He was just sacked 3x in a loss to Cleveland.

This will be a good test for Purdy. Possible rainy weather and a Bucs defense that can at times cause problems.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Brady is averaging 6.4 YPA this season and has the quickest TTT in the NFL but if the coverage is tight, the pass rush can and will get to him.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Brady is averaging 6.4 YPA this season and has the quickest TTT in the NFL but if the coverage is tight, the pass rush can and will get to him.

This is the part I s/h expanded upon. IF we need to rest Bosa, this might be a solid game to get Jackson a lot of snaps.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This will be a good test for Purdy. Possible rainy weather and a Bucs defense that can at times cause problems.

I fear he'll have some struggles today against that Bucs defense.

The 9ers will need to limit mistakes ( penalties, drops, fumbles, ect ) to a minimum In order to come away with a win.

Final prediction. 20-17 9ers. Let's get it.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I expect Bowles to throw every type of blitz and coverage at him. It's something he does against rookie or inexperienced QB'S all the time. I hope he's ready to get the ball out quick.
Share 49ersWebzone