LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 226 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Kilgore was absolutely awful in run blocking. I for one was happy we moved on.

And just an FYI. Brunskill played tackle vs the Packers and Carolina in 2019. In which both games we dominated the LOS. I think it's possible that he could improve with a position switch.

yeah.. i did not think he was very good at all

I always thought Brunskill would be an upgrade at RT over MM. That's one change I'd like to see happen.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

And just an FYI. Brunskill played tackle vs the Packers and Carolina in 2019. In which both games we dominated the LOS. I think it's possible that he could improve with a position switch.

I always thought Brunskill would be an upgrade at RT over MM. That's one change I'd like to see happen.

In pass pro he is. Run blocking MM is elite, so not in that category.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Totally fair. And again, there's a big difference in playing well for a few games at a spot vs. a 17 game season where opponents have film on you and learn your strengths and weaknesses. That's why less talented players like Brunskill get worse over time.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Totally fair. And again, there's a big difference in playing well for a few games at a spot vs. a 17 game season where opponents have film on you and learn your strengths and weaknesses. That's why less talented players like Brunskill get worse over time.

Very true for the most part. I think eventually Moore or more likely Burford will be our RT next year when we lose MM to FA

Very true for the most part. I think eventually Moore or more likely Burford will be our RT next year when we lose MM to FA

I could totally see that.
I am an outlier, I actually wish they signed Jake Brendel to a 3 year incentive deal with low guaranteed money. I think he is a legit center and will do fine makig the line calls.

Sadly I also predict that Brunskil and Moore will be the starting guards with Aaron Banks being a draft bust. (could would coulda but Creed Humprey wouls have been awesome).
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
I am an outlier, I actually wish they signed Jake Brendel to a 3 year incentive deal with low guaranteed money. I think he is a legit center and will do fine makig the line calls.

Sadly I also predict that Brunskil and Moore will be the starting guards with Aaron Banks being a draft bust. (could would coulda but Creed Humprey wouls have been awesome).

Hope you're right about brendel and wrong about banks

That's a possibility, but I think Banks will get the nod at LG due to him being drafted so high. I can also see Brunskill being the RG, unless MM Is still recovering from his Injury.
We have not see enough of Banks to know, he was drafted during Covid and he has had a solid off season to get ready.

That would be awesome. Huge for us.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 3, 2022 at 2:33 PM ]

I'm feeling optimistic about Jake Brendel. If their coaching staff wants him, and he built chemistry with Lance, that's very positive.

I would still like to have a cheap, established veteran back up added to this roster. At worst, he could help mentor Lance, and then he would be available to step in if needed.
Originally posted by Butter:
I'm feeling optimistic about Jake Brendel. If their coaching staff wants him, and he built chemistry with Lance, that's very positive.

I would still like to have a cheap, established veteran back up added to this roster. At worst, he could help mentor Lance, and then he would be available to step in if needed.

The dude has legit talent. Now he's got to train his ass off for the 17+ game haul and refine his game and become consistent over time.

The dude has legit talent. Now he's got to train his ass off for the 17+ game haul and refine his game and become consistent over time.

I'm feeling good about it, but I'd like to see them hedge the bet.

I'm feeling good about it, but I'd like to see them hedge the bet.

Truly!
but it is fine to show concern in my opinion. i hope trey and the new center will work super hard with each other when camp begins

Trey and Brendal were the battery for the scout team last year. They've worked together a lot already.
Share 49ersWebzone