LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 162 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Need Trey and Jake to have synergy like that end of Top Gun 1 scene with Mav and Ice...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Boy this o line is scary and not in a good way.

Too soon to be in a panic, wait till at least the 2nd preseason game.
Originally posted by Giedi:

The preseason is where we saw Brendel kick a little ass last year so…..let's hope it carries over. Hopefully we sign JC Tretter the day we trade or release Jimmy G
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

The preseason is where we saw Brendel kick a little ass last year so…..let's hope it carries over. Hopefully we sign JC Tretter the day we trade or release Jimmy G

You guys are still pinning your hopes on signing Tretter - we should be fine with what we've got.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 13, 2022 at 2:02 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

You guys are still pinning your hopes on signing Tretter - we should be fine with what we've got.

I hope you're right Mayo. Now drop and give me 50!!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I hope you're right Mayo. Now drop and give me 50!!!!!

I don't think they are signing anybody else for C unless their is an injury.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

There*

There is no way that they didn't know that Mac was leaning heavy toward retirement after the season ended and before FA and the draft. If they didn't believe that their starting center was already on the roster, they would have addressed the position well before training camp.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:

There is no way that they didn't know that Mac was leaning heavy toward retirement after the season ended and before FA and the draft. If they didn't believe that their starting center was already on the roster, they would have addressed the position well before training camp.

I think ShanaLynch was hoping Alex would come back, but i also think they have some confidence in Brendel. I think if they knew for sure Alex would be retiring - they'd have picked an OLineman higher in the draft. Say at overall pick # 93.

I think ShanaLynch was hoping Alex would come back, but i also think they have some confidence in Brendel. I think if they knew for sure Alex would be retiring - they'd have picked an OLineman higher in the draft. Say at overall pick # 93.

They knew it was a strong possibilty. No way that they didn't. If they weren't confident that Brendel could fill in the position, they would have addressed it.

They knew it was a strong possibilty. No way that they didn't. If they weren't confident that Brendel could fill in the position, they would have addressed it.

I agree, they knew. Kyle was still holding out hope he had both Mack and Brendel. Now it's Brendel and ??? Guys like Poe and West probably need at least a year or two of development before competing for a starting spot.

I really like Brendel but the fact remains, the coach who brought him here also cut him too. And he didn't make the 53 here either.

So the idea the FO thinks of him as some hidden gem who they are 100% confident in leading this team through 17-20 games probably isn't accurate. I'm sure even they have some concerns there and even more so if he goes down.

They must be hoping Moore wins out at RG so Brunskill can give them 'some' security there. Not ideal, as Kyle said when Mack retired.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 13, 2022 at 7:42 AM ]
Brendel will be the next Raheem Mostert or Kerry Hyder.
A journeyman who did nothing in the league but will have a career year with the 49ers.
There's a reason why Tretter is not signed, because he just shows for gamedays and never practice.
Brendel & Trey have been practicing together for a year now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i just hope they know what they are doing for treys sake and the overall sake of the team
Share 49ersWebzone