LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 151 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
There is no way that they didn't know that Mac was leaning heavy toward retirement after the season ended and before FA and the draft. If they didn't believe that their starting center was already on the roster, they would have addressed the position well before training camp.

i just hope they know what they are doing for treys sake and the overall sake of the team

I would say that 2 NFCCG's and a SB in the past 3 years would put more faith in the faithful when it comes to John and Kyle but apparently not.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
There is no way that they didn't know that Mac was leaning heavy toward retirement after the season ended and before FA and the draft. If they didn't believe that their starting center was already on the roster, they would have addressed the position well before training camp.

i just hope they know what they are doing for treys sake and the overall sake of the team

I would say that 2 NFCCG's and a SB in the past 3 years would put more faith in the faithful when it comes to John and Kyle but apparently not.

no offense to past success but moving forward.. i am concerned about the center and o line for this year . does not mean i am a hater!

no offense to past success but moving forward.. i am concerned about the center and o line for this year . does not mean i am a hater!

Never called you a hater. I am just saying that past accomplishments should warrant a little more faith is all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Never called you a hater. I am just saying that past accomplishments should warrant a little more faith is all.
i am trying to have a open mind with the o line... we are a long ways away from the horrible 2015 days when the alleged coaches we had at the time were in total denial of how crappy that o line was for ck and blaine. lol.... what did staley say about that era...... i am not sure to what even call that? but good old homer cc at the time.. i stood up for jt until game 3 of that year. anyhoo.... i will continue to try to have a open mind about everyone on the line not named trent

Totally agreed. I don't think there's any doubt the Faithful have total faith in this being a very competitive and winning team. See the PYMWYMI thread.

However, discussing blindspots is more than fair.

You bet your ass Chiefs fans and Bengals fans believed their OL cost them a Superbowl. Their FO went out immediately and tried to rectify it. Those actions typically assauge fans concerns.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 13, 2022 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Totally agreed. I don't think there's any doubt the Faithful have total faith in this being a very competitive and winning team. See the PYMWYMI thread.

You bet your ass Chiefs fans and Bengals fans believed their OL cost them a Superbowl. Their FO went out immediately and tried to rectify it. Those actions typically assauge fans concerns.

Never heard of the word assuage. I had to look it up. lol

The 49ers are known to address trouble spots a year too late. Just like corner. Overall we can all agree that the front office knows what they're doing to field a competitive team however we also know that they don't make certain moves that they should. Like pass rusher or corner the last couple years, they addressed those positions one year too late and it definitely cost us. I see the same thing going on with the line.

Like you said Kansas City and Cincinnati made a PLETHORA of moves to address their weaknesses and we did not. Plain and simple

Haha. Maybe not the most masculine term to use in a football forum. LOL
Originally posted by elguapo:

The 49ers are known to address trouble spots a year too late. Just like corner. Overall we can all agree that the front office knows what they're doing to field a competitive team however we also know that they don't make certain moves that they should. Like pass rusher or corner the last couple years, they addressed those positions one year too late and it definitely cost us. I see the same thing going on with the line.

Like you said Kansas City and Cincinnati made a PLETHORA of moves to address their weaknesses and we did not. Plain and simple

Maybe if Trey's development really takes a hit because of it or he's proven he has that 'it' factor and they feel OL would really help him get to that next level, they might next year. Right? RIGHT??
Way to hedge your bets NC 🤣

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I'm a Faithful. I have to believe they'll prioritize it some day. Right?????

<fine print> "But I doubt it."

Imagine Larry Allen next to TW
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

"But I doubt it."

no no, TW and LA is still not good enough. you see the way TW dropped that TD pass.. We need OL with great hands or we will never get over the hump
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 13, 2022 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

I couldn't believe we picked up that dude. It was later in his career but he was still an effing beast. Nasty bully like Silverback. I know G's are useless but that would be one fun combination! You and I could run behind those two. LOL
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I mean with Brendel lol
Share 49ersWebzone