LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 165 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Way to hedge your bets NC 🤣

I'm a Faithful. I have to believe they'll prioritize it some day. Right?????

"But I doubt it."

I mean with Brendel lol

Ohhhh. LOL.

Brendel is my long lost but discovered son. I liked him from day 1.

I just don't know (now) if he's a higher end 17-20 game starter at 30 years old. But I do like what he's put on tape here. IIRC, I did a little break down on him a long time ago.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 14, 2022 at 5:54 AM ]

"But I doubt it."

I mean with Brendel lol

Ohhhh. LOL.

I just don't know (now) if he's an higher end 17-20 game starter at 30 years old. But I do like what he's put on tape here. IIRC, I did a little break down on him a long time ago.
Interesting, when I was speaking on Bren and how he's been in the system for awhile. You made your normal he ain't nothing and can't even make the roster last year

but all of a sudden you're his biggest fan? Doesn't add up
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 13, 2022 at 11:17 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by cciowa:
There is no way that they didn't know that Mac was leaning heavy toward retirement after the season ended and before FA and the draft. If they didn't believe that their starting center was already on the roster, they would have addressed the position well before training camp.

i just hope they know what they are doing for treys sake and the overall sake of the team

I would say that 2 NFCCG's and a SB in the past 3 years would put more faith in the faithful when it comes to John and Kyle but apparently not.

Totally agreed. I don't think there's any doubt the Faithful have total faith in this being a very competitive and winning team. See the PYMWYMI thread.

However, discussing blindspots is more than fair.

You bet your ass Chiefs fans and Bengals fans believed their OL cost them a Superbowl. Their FO went out immediately and tried to rectify it. Those actions typically assauge fans concerns.

Never heard of the word assuage. I had to look it up. lol

The 49ers are known to address trouble spots a year too late. Just like corner. Overall we can all agree that the front office knows what they're doing to field a competitive team however we also know that they don't make certain moves that they should. Like pass rusher or corner the last couple years, they addressed those positions one year too late and it definitely cost us. I see the same thing going on with the line.

Like you said Kansas City and Cincinnati made a PLETHORA of moves to address their weaknesses and we did not. Plain and simple

Maybe if Trey's development really takes a hit because of it or he's proven he has that 'it' factor and they feel OL would really help him get to that next level, they might next year. Right? RIGHT??

One can only hope. At least Trey can escape pressure and not choke when out of the pocket unlike Jimmy G. There's that I guess but we all want him throwing darts to Deebo and BA in the pocket too
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
There is no way that they didn't know that Mac was leaning heavy toward retirement after the season ended and before FA and the draft. If they didn't believe that their starting center was already on the roster, they would have addressed the position well before training camp.

i just hope they know what they are doing for treys sake and the overall sake of the team

I would say that 2 NFCCG's and a SB in the past 3 years would put more faith in the faithful when it comes to John and Kyle but apparently not.

Totally agreed. I don't think there's any doubt the Faithful have total faith in this being a very competitive and winning team. See the PYMWYMI thread.

You bet your ass Chiefs fans and Bengals fans believed their OL cost them a Superbowl. Their FO went out immediately and tried to rectify it. Those actions typically assauge fans concerns.

The 49ers are known to address trouble spots a year too late. Just like corner. Overall we can all agree that the front office knows what they're doing to field a competitive team however we also know that they don't make certain moves that they should. Like pass rusher or corner the last couple years, they addressed those positions one year too late and it definitely cost us. I see the same thing going on with the line.

Like you said Kansas City and Cincinnati made a PLETHORA of moves to address their weaknesses and we did not. Plain and simple

Maybe if Trey's development really takes a hit because of it or he's proven he has that 'it' factor and they feel OL would really help him get to that next level, they might next year. Right? RIGHT??

One can only hope. At least Trey can escape pressure and not choke when out of the pocket unlike Jimmy G. There's that I guess but we all want him throwing darts to Deebo and BA in the pocket too

Trey is going to do good - I have high hopes for the kid.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Me too. Top 10-15 qb next year
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

"But I doubt it."

I mean with Brendel lol

Ohhhh. LOL.

I just don't know (now) if he's an higher end 17-20 game starter at 30 years old. But I do like what he's put on tape here. IIRC, I did a little break down on him a long time ago.
Interesting, when I was speaking on Bren and how he's been in the system for awhile. You made your normal he ain't nothing and can't even make the roster last year

You're so full of s**t. Just stop.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

"But I doubt it."

I mean with Brendel lol

Ohhhh. LOL.

I just don't know (now) if he's a higher end 17-20 game starter at 30 years old. But I do like what he's put on tape here. IIRC, I did a little break down on him a long time ago.

Man o man, if Brendel pans out, that saves a precious draft pick for the all important time when Trent Retires and we need to trade up and use three number one picks on a left tackle.

Just kidding, only two number one picks.

"But I doubt it."

I mean with Brendel lol

Ohhhh. LOL.

You told me you have concerns at C right, you brought up he couldn't make the roster right

and I'm full of s**t, lol

this is proof to hoovs post above about hedging

"But I doubt it."

I mean with Brendel lol

Ohhhh. LOL.

You told me you have concerns at C right, you brought up he couldn't make the roster right

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? You got Hoov talking about hedging bets, NY talking G's are as valuable at QB's and you saying, "You made your normal he ain't nothing." You guys seriously worry me. LOL.

Is there another version of the WZ and somebody stole my name? LOL

The 'worst' I've said about Brendel is that the coach who brought him here and the coach currently here (with that coach) both cut Brendel from both teams and he didn't make the initial 53. That just means they saw him as a back end of the roster talent. It doesn't mean they don't like him. And "I" was one of the first to point him out in here and I liked his film here. I like him...just cautiously optimistic because going from a back end roster guy at 30 years old to a FT 1,200 snap starter is a whole other level.

He'll definitely be making the 53 now! LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 18, 2022 at 6:08 PM ]
Way to hedge your bets NC ????

"But I doubt it."

I mean with Brendel lol

Ohhhh. LOL.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? You got Hoov talking about hedging bets, NY talking G's are as valuable at QB's and you saying, "You made your normal he ain't nothing." You guys seriously worry me. LOL.

Is there another version of the WZ and somebody stole my name? LOL

The 'worst' I've said about Brendel is that the coach who brought him here and the coach currently here (with that coach) both cut Brendel from both teams and he didn't make the initial 53. That just means they saw him as a back end of the roster talent. It doesn't mean they don't like him. And "I" was one of the first to point him out in here and I liked his film here. I like him...just cautiously optimistic because going from a back end roster guy at 30 years old to a FT 1,200 snap starter is a whole other level.

He'll definitely be making the 53 now! LOL
If I have mistaken you for someone else, I'm sorry. But we did go back and forth on the C position as it was a big concern for you (O'Hare's take)

If I have mistaken you for someone else, I'm sorry. But we did go back and forth on the C position as it was a big concern for you (O'Hare's take)

That's (All) good.

O'Hare is just concerned because there's not a proven veteran in front a new young starting QB. And that it's going to be challenging inside because he thinks defenses will blitz a new IOL and the new QB. He's been there as an NFL veteran C in front of a new QB so he's just giving his perspective, right or wrong. To your point, he probably doesn't know who Brendel is.

Hear hear!
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Hear hear!

I concur
A lot riding on well this guy plays
Originally posted by lamontb:
A lot riding on well this guy plays

No question. And pay close attention to his depth just in case. Kyle hadn't even had a chance to talk to Brunskill yet but he'll once again be competing at C and RG.
Share 49ersWebzone