LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 204 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think he was the only guy who played well on that line.
I'm comfortable with him. He can be a mid range Center and that is all we need. Now the guy to his needs to learn to be mid starter level
Lombardi says he looks solid
Originally posted by Brucey72:
I'm comfortable with him. He can be a mid range Center and that is all we need. Now the guy to his needs to learn to be mid starter level

Kyle have always been able get guys off the street and make them an average starter at the interior OL. Mike Person and Dan Brunskill are examples of that.

I like that Brendel has years of NFL experience. I know he was a backup, but still that should help him make the right call pre-snap. No way we are playing any of our rookies or second year players at center, unless we are desperate.
Jake the snake, currently top 5 for centers in pass blocking win rate. To me he has been solid at C so far. Would like to see him improve his run blocking some, but that should take form as the season progresses and the OL gels. Going into the year I think most of us were hoping he would be atleast a 12-18ish ranked center and I would say he's exceeded expectations so far. All of the interior OL has.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Jake the snake, currently top 5 for centers in pass blocking win rate. To me he has been solid at C so far. Would like to see him improve his run blocking some, but that should take form as the season progresses and the OL gels. Going into the year I think most of us were hoping he would be atleast a 12-18ish ranked center and I would say he's exceeded expectations so far. All of the interior OL has.

Damn is that really true? Good job to him if it is. The only thing I remembered was the flags called on him, besides that he did good this past week.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

Damn is that really true? Good job to him if it is. The only thing I remembered was the flags called on him, besides that he did good this past week.

PFF over here with his 48.9 overall grade
Things could improve as the year progresses, but I'd still draft one. Its unlikely said player would get to start next year anyway, but it would be good to have our next C and a tackle that can start a couple games a year on the roster. I figure Trent will still play at a high level, but he's at the age where he will get those nagging injuries. Would be good to have capable backups at both C and LT.
Brendel dominating score one for the we are fine at center crowd which would be all one of us
Ya'll see Brendel 30 yards downfield on the Deebo TD rush it was a thing of beauty

When was the last time we saw one of our Centers blocking 37 yards downfield for a 37 yard TD, and was key block he got for Deebo to get in?
I was shocked that was Brendel. At first I thought that was Kroft downfield.
Any OL blocking 40 yards downfield is going to endear himself to the team. That was great
[ Edited by frenchmov on Nov 22, 2022 at 6:58 PM ]
Find a way to bring him back please. Dude has earned that much after finally getting his opportunity this year.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 22, 2022 at 7:34 PM ]
Yeah, he's not going anywhere
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Find a way to bring him back please. Dude has earned that much after finally getting his opportunity this year.
Share 49ersWebzone