LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 214 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
When was the last time we saw one of our Centers blocking 37 yards downfield for a 37 yard TD, and was key block he got for Deebo to get in?

I mean that's extremely specific
Originally posted by Zachary:
When was the last time we saw one of our Centers blocking 37 yards downfield for a 37 yard TD, and was key block he got for Deebo to get in?

BUT WHENNNNN. ?!?

Originally posted by AkNiners:
Yeah, he's not going anywhere
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Find a way to bring him back please. Dude has earned that much after finally getting his opportunity this year.

Even though I still may not have the utmost faith in him, having him start the whole season and getting better from there is still way better than having Ben Garland forced to fill in late in the season after losing Richburg for the year
Originally posted by grapesofrathman:
Find a way to bring him back please. Dude has earned that much after finally getting his opportunity this year.

Even though I still may not have the utmost faith in him, having him start the whole season and getting better from there is still way better than having Ben Garland forced to fill in late in the season after losing Richburg for the year

Dude has played better than Mack did last year
Originally posted by 49ers_Life:

Not in run blocking. Pass pro he's been very solid but runs up the middle this year aren't that great.

Remember when MM would be blocking 20-30 yards downfield quite a few times. Sad times

I'm in…yes please. Yes, needs to work on Run blocking but man, has this dude ever improved over the course of 1/2 season. Look at Banks…another guy looking like found gold. Burford splitting time with our other "B", and looking good. No idea how our OL coach figured that out, but it's a winner. That leaves Moore and he's coming around too. And still we got some good OL backups…we are starting to look like we are loaded for bear, on a pretty unanimous "Lousy OL" squad.

Who woulda thot at 3-4 we would now have our QB playing great, our good hands guys playing great, and our OL…playing great? Add that to a D that has solid CBs and Ss, great LBs, and an outstanding DL missing 3 starters…and one wonders, how in the heck did all that happen?

Well, first would be good health , while we are watching our schidt luck of recent yrs past of krapt health now turning to good health for first time in memory. Then look at our opponents now suddenly experiencing playing with only 1/2 to 3/4 of a team.. Wish i could say i feel bad for them …but i don't.. And just as important would be some serious good coaching. Enjoy it while we can.
His crushing downfield block on the talented S Baker Monday night was one of my favorite blocks of the year. Kind of rolled on Baker's head at the end to finish it off.
Poor Jake. His QB has a 9,000 page thread. The center gets a dismal 19 pages.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Not in run blocking. Pass pro he's been very solid but runs up the middle this year aren't that great.

Remember when MM would be blocking 20-30 yards downfield quite a few times. Sad times

Ideally you want a balance, but for my Center I want a better pass blocking.

Originally posted by elguapo:

Ideally you want a balance, but for my Center I want a better pass blocking.

Right now, that is what you get. His PFF ranking has him as the 6th best PP in the league. RBLK needs some work but he has been getting better.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Garland + Person = cost us

Brunskill + Compton = cost us

Brendel + Brunskill = my guess is, it'll cost us

I'm hoping Moore or Spencer beats out Brunskill and is far more talented (gets better and better with higher ceilings). And I'm hoping at 30 years old, Brendel can play 20+ games and 1,300 snaps at a high level esp. from a pre snap protections perspective.

So far, so good!
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
His crushing downfield block on the talented S Baker Monday night was one of my favorite blocks of the year. Kind of rolled on Baker's head at the end to finish it off.

Maybe he saw jonnydel's video.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Nov 24, 2022 at 11:53 AM ]
Keep Brendel
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

BUT WHENNNNN. ?!?

Think it happened this year
Share 49ersWebzone