LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 115 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dj43:
Gotta give our man some props. After the first three or four games of the season, he was ranked near the bottom of the league. Since then he has shown steady improvement in both PP and RBLK. To now be a Pro Bowl alternate shows some people have been paying attention.

It's always fun to go back and reread our assessments of him. Just saying.

PS: Now he's going to want pro bowl money. LOL

I just looked it up and realized he's a FA next year. Should they extend him?

Unless they're going to spend big in FA to replace him, he'd be a big loss.
Originally posted by Butter:
Gotta give our man some props. After the first three or four games of the season, he was ranked near the bottom of the league. Since then he has shown steady improvement in both PP and RBLK. To now be a Pro Bowl alternate shows some people have been paying attention.

I just looked it up and realized he's a FA next year. Should they extend him?

Unless they're going to spend big in FA to replace him, he'd be a big loss.

Definitely should try. The closest comp in terms of age, experience, and ranking this year is Brad Bozeman of Carolina. His one-year deal for this season carried a cap hit of $2.8M. Spotrac estimated his market value at 3 years, $36M. I think that is high but who knows?

Brendel's current deal is $1M. That is a steal compared to how he has played. I would guess he will settle for something in the $6-8M/ range.

Do we get extra credit if we gave him props way back when?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Id still draft a center, not with the expectation of being an immediate starter, but we need options.
Another strong game. He moved up two more slots in the rankings. Now #13 of 39. That is up from #28 in the early season.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Good stuff.
I heard his wife gave birth to a daughter this weekend. So I will give him a pass on the cute pump fake snap on the 3rd and 1 penalty.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 9, 2023 at 6:23 PM ]
Is Brendel becoming more of a veteran leadership type? He broke down the locker room after Kyle's speech to the locker room. I wouldn't mind it at all.

starts @ 13 seconds.
Moon needs to enter the building and bequeath this dude with an epic nickname, he is worthy
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Moon needs to enter the building and bequeath this dude with an epic nickname, he is worthy

Brendel fly

Yeah, this is WZ protocol.
Another strong game. He moved up two more slots in the rankings. Now #13 of 39. That is up from #28 in the early season.

This was my #1 concern with him. Was he going to be another in a long line of serviceable dudes who gets worse over time, esp. a 17 game season?

The answer is a resounding, no. Resign him. Keep grooming his backup if he's on this roster.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

if you want an epic nickname i wouldnt ask that dude.

This was my #1 concern with him. Was he going to be another in a long line of serviceable dudes who gets worse over time, esp. a 17 game season?

The answer is a resounding, no. Resign him. Keep grooming his backup if he's on this roster.
do we still have West on the PS ?
do we still have West on the PS ?

Never was added. He's signed to the XFL now. Not sure what the issue was with him.
Share 49ersWebzone