There are 232 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Ehhh not sure Brendel worth that

Feels like a confusing tweet or maybe I'm reading it wrong.. It mentions names for the mid to high end and then gives a $$$ range for only the high end.

Agree. What the fk is he saying? Is 8 to 11 the high end? Or 11?

Didn't know brendel was 30.

He is 30, but remember Ray Brown guard, he was a back up for his first 6 years in NFL, so no wear and tear. As was Jake Brendel. He is 30 but only truly 20 games as a starter. But no way is he worth that kind of money. Poe can snap, the kid they drafted last year Zadeji?? can snap. Daniel Brunskill can snap, he is a FA but might be cheaper than Brendel and can play all 5 positions on OL
As much as I want the best o line possible I am not overpaying for this guy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
As much as I want the best o line possible I am not overpaying for this guy.

Do the 9ers ever overpay?? If they did Mike McGlinchey would be going nowhere.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Neither of whom I have seen. Brendel isn't great but I am a little worried that the O line is about to disintegrate. Prove me wrong, John!
Originally posted by English:

Neither of whom I have seen. Brendel isn't great but I am a little worried that the O line is about to disintegrate. Prove me wrong, John!

Zakelj is a roommate of Purdy, maybe his work ethic rubbed off on him. Hell maybe they practiced snaps back at the crib. You know just two dudes hanging out under center.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

We thought the same think when Banks and Burford came into the starting lineup. If we can find a guy like Brendel, I trust the FO to find our next starting C. Ryan Kelly via trade could be an interesting option if he can be had for cheap and reduce his contract.
Ben Jones still got some juice? He was a corner stone for that titans OL.

Never seen these guys play...they could be bad or good
Originally posted by dmax:

Never seen these guys play...they could be bad or good

That's the tricky thing. 9ers would see these guys everyday and may know something we don't.

From the outside the C spot looks like a big hole, but maybe it's like the Tomlinson/Banks transition last season.
[ Edited by JaggedJ on Mar 13, 2023 at 1:43 PM ]

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
That's the tricky thing. 9ers would see these guys everyday and may know something we don't.

From the outside the C lspot ooks like a big hole, but maybe it's like the Tomlinson/Banks transition last season.

I hope so... fingers crossed
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Ben Jones still got some juice? He was a corner stone for that titans OL.

Concussion wrecked.
  • thl408
Re-sign this guy. I don't see a better option in free agency (that I can tell) and the continuity is priceless.
I hate the idea of having 2 new starters on the OL with young QBs but we did kind of ok last year.

And while people can easily point to our QB injuries as something that was impacted by the OL I disagree to an extent(obviously never want to see your QB hit more than he has to be)

Lance injury was on a run play
Garoppolo injury was on a play where he didn't get rid of the ball or give himself up with two guys on him
Brock injury was in the pocket but we all know the block assignment on that particular play
Josh Johnson is probably the only one that was on the OL and concussions can happen literally any time a QB is hit if they come down the wrong way.

I'd love to bring Brendel back to keep consistency out there but getting into a bidding war isn't smart either. I don't blame the guy for trying to cash in after getting his opportunity and taking advantage of it.

Sounds good to me. People hated the idea of Jake Brendell being the starter last year and it worked out fine.
Share 49ersWebzone