49ers rookie Ricky Pearsall will make NFL debut vs. Chiefs →

There are 174 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That's a relief. Nice.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Continuity at Center is a great thing. I thought he started off 2022 very meh, then he improved as the season went on. Very happy he is back.

Yes.

I wonder how he feels about having to face Javon Hargrove every day in practice. That was a war in the NFCCG.
nice. was hoping for the re-sign.
Sounds like he took less to stay here over going to the jets
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Continuity at Center is a great thing. I thought he started off 2022 very meh, then he improved as the season went on. Very happy he is back.

Yes.

I wonder how he feels about having to face Javon Hargrove every day in practice. That was a war in the NFCCG.

Iron sharpens wood
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Glad we got this done to keep some continuity moving forward. Hargrove will push him much like Bosa and Trent do each other. This will be two great trenches going against each other.
This is huge. Now I don't feel as stressed with the line. Hopefully sign another veteran swing tackle type and invest in the draft at OT
Great move resigning Brendel. Now do we move up into the 2nd to get our RT?
Smart signing, like it. Brunskill next?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Iron sharpens wood

lol

this is factual

The four year deal makes sense as for a Center as he should be in his prime.

He'll be in his early-mid 30s during the deal and he doesn't have the wear and tear of a typical 30 year old as he has only 23 starts.
I'm old enough to remember when woe is us, Mack has left and we are screwed.. need to panic our way into JC Tretter or some such
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
That's a relief. Nice.

My thoughts exactly as soon as I read the news. He's in his 30's so I still wouldn't mind taking center we can develop over a few years. Zakelj and Poe seem more like depth pieces to me, at least at this point in time.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Mar 14, 2023 at 11:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone