LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 402 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jets offered him more money and he turned them down.
  • thl408
Locking down Brendl allows the team to draft and develop his replacement with little urgency. Take a stab at a couple day 3 prospects in this or/and next year's draft.
Originally posted by thl408:
Locking down Brendl allows the team to draft and develop his replacement with little urgency. Take a stab at a couple day 3 prospects in this or/and next year's draft.
use all 5th rounders on OL
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Where does he rank for all centers?

16th last season according to PFF.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 14, 2023 at 11:45 AM ]
This is a great signing. Is he a tier 1 center, no but he's close enough and has already started a full season and well entrenched in the system and just needs to keep improving. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Jets offered him more money and he turned them down.

A testament to this organization . They have a great thing going
Originally posted by thl408:
I think his replacement is already on the team.
With the extra money he's making, can he please buy some cheeseburgers and put a little extra weight on that a@@ - so he doesn't get knocked on it anymore!? I know he got better as the year went on, but that play has just stuck with me. Made me miss Jeremy Newberry so much!!
wooooo

now go find a RT
  • 91til
  • Veteran
4/5ths of the starting OL from last year locked in 🙏🏽

continuity baby.

let the young guys keep developing behind em and add talent/competition in the draft
[ Edited by 91til on Mar 14, 2023 at 11:55 AM ]

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
wooooo

now go find a RT

Not much out there. I'd be asking Donovan Smith if he wants to try for another ring.
Nice! He was a good center for us. Lowkey surprised he got a quite a market. But its so nice to have some stability at center.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
With the extra money he's making, can he please buy some cheeseburgers and put a little extra weight on that a@@ - so he doesn't get knocked on it anymore!? I know he got better as the year went on, but that play has just stuck with me. Made me miss Jeremy Newberry so much!!

Jeremy Newberry was a warrior! I wish we had someone like him, but Brendle is ok. At least he knows the system.
Now we can focus on the RT.
This is a signing we needed big time. Very happy with this Free agency so far.
Share 49ersWebzone