LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 273 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm surprised there's nobody in here b***hing about how this dude keeps snapping the ball low when Purdy is in the gun.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm surprised there's nobody in here b***hing about how this dude keeps snapping the ball low when Purdy is in the gun.

I've noticed that as well. I think it was a low snap on Ronnie Bells TD, IIRC. Definitely something to work on. Other than that, he's been playing really well.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

I've noticed that as well. I think it was a low snap on Ronnie Bells TD, IIRC. Definitely something to work on. Other than that, he's been playing really well.

Yeah, the center, left guard and left tackle are dominating the defensive lines on that side. McCaffrey is averaging 5+ yards a carry by running mainly to the left.

The dude was clearly spooked with this A gap blitzes and pressure. But yeah, no excuses at this stage.
2 fumble snaps under center this season. Not sure who was at fault. I don't recalled Brock and Brendal had this issue last season.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
2 fumble snaps under center this season. Not sure who was at fault. I don't recalled Brock and Brendal had this issue last season.

The one in the last game sure seemed to be on Purdy.

Get those shotgun snaps higher.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

The dude was clearly spooked with this A gap blitzes and pressure. But yeah, no excuses at this stage.

Well keep in mind, it's only his 2nd year as a full time starter.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

He sure has. And if he can keep getting better we'll be set up fine for the better teams we face.
Game ball for this man. He was everywhere
Saw someone point this out in a youtube comment. Hilarious block from Brendel on CMC's wide toss TD. Like playing skittles.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Game ball for this man. He was everywhere

Yup, one of the fastest OLinemen the 49ers have.
Brendel has been my top bright spot for the team this year.

I think he's improved more than any player (other than the fumbled snaps). Aiyuk included.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Oct 4, 2023 at 8:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Brendel has been my top bright spot for the team this year.

I think he's improved more than any player (other than the fumbled snaps). Aiyuk included.

I personally thought he's improved, but never thought about in comparison to others. I believe he was a journeyman backup until he got the start here? So to see him improve as he plays at his age is indeed impressive and a welcome surprise for sure. His improvement is helping big time. I think McKivitz is as well, but Burford is not.
He's been dealing with knee arthritis this off-season, what's the plan if this flares up? Zakelj? wonder if Puni gets snaps at center this camp.
Originally posted by BP13:
He's been dealing with knee arthritis this off-season, what's the plan if this flares up? Zakelj? wonder if Puni gets snaps at center this camp.
we've got what.. like 4 or 5 guys that can fill in

Most likely Feli will be the first option if Bren can't go
Share 49ersWebzone