Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Mostly banks for draft. But that's not only the place to acquire OL. My post has everything on how we try to fill those positions.

unfortunately, we're not not going to pick high and get a legitimate starter. We got to play the hands we're dealt with and we've been winning with those hands

Good call!

We got Trent from Washinton.

Maybe we can try it again?
I don't know who is available that we might be able to fleece again.

I was hoping for ShanaLynch to fleece the Chargers and get Rashaun Slater, but they hired Jim Harbaugh, and he knows the value of a good offensive line, unfortunately.
does he? The whole run into a wall every play didn't work out so much

I think so. His philosophy is similar to Kyle in that both coaches love to run on folks. Both coaches had their passing game fail at critical moments in the championship games. But otherwise, their offensive lines have been at least above average in a lot of ways.
Mostly banks for draft. But that's not only the place to acquire OL. My post has everything on how we try to fill those positions.

unfortunately, we're not not going to pick high and get a legitimate starter. We got to play the hands we're dealt with and we've been winning with those hands

Good call!

I was hoping for ShanaLynch to fleece the Chargers and get Rashaun Slater, but they hired Jim Harbaugh, and he knows the value of a good offensive line, unfortunately.

I think so. His philosophy is similar to Kyle in that both coaches love to run on folks. Both coaches had their passing game fail at critical moments in the championship games. But otherwise, their offensive lines have been at least above average in a lot of ways.
Harbaugh doesn't have a passing game, nor offense. Those JH seasons were the worst for offenses. Not even close to being called similar

Saying both were failures at critical moments is unfair as those games are playing the best of the best.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Good call!

Harbaugh doesn't have a passing game, nor offense. Those JH seasons were the worst for offenses. Not even close to being called similar

Saying both were failures at critical moments is unfair as those games are playing the best of the best.

Again, the similarities were that both coaches love a good strong ground game. The problem for Harbaugh was the idiot who was drafting WRs. A.J. Jenkins vs guys like Aiyuk - for example.

Good call!

Again, the similarities were that both coaches love a good strong ground game. The problem for Harbaugh was the idiot who was drafting WRs. A.J. Jenkins vs guys like Aiyuk - for example.
Every coach wants a strong run game, also a strong pass and ST game

its not the GM, the GM is the one who added key pieces like OL. Harbaugh screwed it up because he's not a coach.
  • Cosmo

its not the GM, the GM is the one who added key pieces like OL. Harbaugh screwed it up because he's not a coach.

Originally posted by Cosmo:

He's a motivational cheerleader

Who lead us to multiply NFCCG, Including a super bowl appearance.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yeah, I agree - he's a pretty good cheerleader.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
  1. Originally posted by Cosmo:

I think a good strong ground game is essential to a playoff appearance. Roger Craig, Ricky Watters have been the old dynasty mainstays. CMC can revive the dynasty, just need Brock to get better.

Harbaugh just shelled out bucks for Rashaun Slater. The guy is building the great wall of San Diego.

I think a good strong ground game is essential to a playoff appearance. Roger Craig, Ricky Watters have been the old dynasty mainstays. CMC can revive the dynasty, just need Brock to get better.

Harbaugh just shelled out bucks for Rashaun Slater. The guy is building the great wall of San Diego.

I am not sold on Herbert. He is very up and down imo, but he will certainly have to time to read the defense, so no more excuses!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I am not sold on Herbert. He is very up and down imo, but he will certainly have to time to read the defense, so no more excuses!

One reason Alex Smith was an up and down player too - is the constant changing of the offensive coordinators. I don't know much about the Chargers other than they have had some coaching changes - similar to the 49ers, in a sense. Stability at offensive coordinator and a head coach who looks at the game from the QB standpoint can only help Herbert. And totally agree - if Herbert has 3+ seconds in the pocket, he's going to do a lot of damage in the NFL this year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I watched more highlights and he was worse than I first thought. Banks and Puni protect him... sigh.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Brendel is a tight end playing center. I am Looking forward to Feliciano coming back to shore the position up. He's not easily replaced because of it being more of a cerebral position in Kyle's offense.

Brendel is a tight end playing center. I am Looking forward to Feliciano coming back to shore the position up. He's not easily replaced because of it being more of a cerebral position in Kyle's offense.

I forgot about Feliciano. He is definitely better than Brendal. That could be a huge boost.
Share 49ersWebzone